[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Whens 5th Job?

xRenZiiexRenZiie
Reactions: 675
edited November 2016 in General Chat
I noticed when I logged on that 5th job tab wasn't there, I was told it was somewhere in December 15?

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Yes, it wil be in december 15, when the pre-5job events will end, such as the burning one, so there will be new ones as well.
    So you can farm some cores or node gemstone(?) here in GMS, and do the events, people should get to lv200 before the 5job.
  • RoytonRoyton
    Reactions: 710
    edited November 2016
    Wait, so.. the thing I'm patching right now isn't the 5th job update?
    Only nexon to be weird enough to have an event for content that's not in the game yet. lol
  • KarothisKarothis
    Reactions: 235
    edited November 2016
    Royton
    Royton said:

Only nexon to be weird enough to have an event for content that's not in the game yet. lol
    This is like when wow pre-patches before an expansion. there's lots of new content (new UI, faster leveling, nodes and cores, new area, ect). it's like an appetizer before a main course.
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited November 2016
    I hate that i always ask for the main course.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Royton
    Royton said:

It's an event to help people(particularly new players) to get to lvl 200 for 5th job. I'm guessing most of 5th job's update has already happened, it just hasn't been implemented. They're doing this to let new players have a chance of getting 5th job near the same time as advanced/old players so there isn't as much of a gap between the two when it comes out. (or that's my guess at least.)
  • RoytonRoyton
    Reactions: 710
    edited November 2016
    I suppose the catch-up perspective of it makes sense.
    I never cared what others are doing with their time in the game so it didn't really cross my mind.
    A 15 day long event during 5th jobs content release would still be better, IMO.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Royton
    Royton said:

I suppose the catch-up perspective of it makes sense.
    I never cared what others are doing with their time in the game so it didn't really cross my mind.
    A 15 day long event during 5th jobs content release would still be better, IMO.
    Also note that the V patch is huge. By giving us this sort of teaser (which, lets face it, is almost entirely events with a few UI changes), Nexon gives themselves a second patch to spread the content out over. So they can preload some stuff now, add in the bulk of it on the 15th, and that way they avoid having a 1.5GB+ patch when 5th job is officially released