[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• ElindorilElindoril
    Reactions: 215
    edited November 2016
    PlasticHolly

i wish i could count on that to be true, but based on the last updates that were extended coupled with the fact we had several unscheduled maintenances that they didn't extend those events for, i would rather here some confirmation they are looking into this rather than assume they will do the right thing in regards to this, which sadly is seldom the case
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Might as well just wait until servers are back up to complain about events. You're not going to get much of an answer before then.
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    Reactions: 255
    edited November 2016
    dis is crazycakes
    DarkOath
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited November 2016
    Korioflin
    Korioflin said:

DSpellGuy
    DSpellGuy said:

@KThxBaiNao - thanks for the update.

I'm merely curious on what they did to some of my i/L's potentials as a few equips had magic def boosts......
    This link can show you what each potential changes to:
    http://pastebin.com/cMsLkvUj

well looks like one of my rings is now going to be double epic tier def..... XD
  • KorioflinKorioflin
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    DSpellGuy
    DSpellGuy said:

Korioflin
    Korioflin said:

DSpellGuy
    DSpellGuy said:

@KThxBaiNao - thanks for the update.

I'm merely curious on what they did to some of my i/L's potentials as a few equips had magic def boosts......
    This link can show you what each potential changes to:
    http://pastebin.com/cMsLkvUj

well looks like one of my rings is now going to be double epic tier def..... XD
    I mean, Hey at least you're gonna take less all around damage instead of more from one source than the other :D
  • RoaBeanRoaBean
    Reactions: 725
    edited November 2016
    Kinda salty? but better fix now than at Christmas
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    Elindoril
    Elindoril said:

PlasticHolly

i wish i could count on that to be true, but based on the last updates that were extended coupled with the fact we had several unscheduled maintenances that they didn't extend those events for, i would rather here some confirmation they are looking into this rather than assume they will do the right thing in regards to this, which sadly is seldom the case
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Might as well just wait until servers are back up to complain about events. You're not going to get much of an answer before then.
    this is probably the number one prevailing complaint on these and other forums about nexon the lack of communication and followup, over 24 hours ago the CM was going to get us exact changes to hard magnus, and he has yet to even mention it again after many attempts by lots of players to get a response both here in live streams and reditt (just as an example)

• AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    (this is a joke, because I know some people will be butthurt if I don't say this is a joke)
    PlasticHollyAkamaSescrHollaBackNinjaxEvilSoulxRithiaRonyeeVolumezange1DoIIHernanDGPorterand 5 others.
  • lethalvb01lethalvb01
    Reactions: 960
    edited November 2016
    Long maintenance's and instability is one of those things we've just always had to live with in Maplestory. Just like lag in Diablo II. But in the grand scheme its all worth it because the game is great.
    DarkOathringayeenSpirit0fFunAustereUzuuga
  • RithiaRithia
    Reactions: 725
    edited November 2016
    In my 10 years of playing this game off and on, I'm used to these kind of extended maintenances.
    It's needed, and do know that some things are not within the GMS team's power to fix. I've seen situations like this happen with other games where the team had to wait to gain fixes from the Korean version to fix things.

Come on, we've played this game off and on for ages. By now, we kind of should expect extended maintenances.
    Shame though, because I was looking forward to playing with some friends. Who have been some sort of hyped for the EMS "merge".
    KorioflinringayeenZeroGravigaAustereUzuuga
  • ExoArtExoArt
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited November 2016
    Elindoril
    Elindoril said:

PlasticHolly

how about some general information regarding an extension to events that we are losing time on? that would go along ways in alleviating a lot of the concern some of us have.
    It doesn't take a smart cookie to already know all events will be extended to compensate for the long downtimes.
    ExoArt
    ExoArt said:

I understand you are unable to provide an accurate time as to when these fixes will take place, but can you atleast give us an approximate? such as 2 hours? 6 hours? 12 hrs? the end of maple?
    having us all waiting around with our fingers crossed will only lead to more problems and more flaming.
    But they can't. They don't know when they'll be done. Added pressure with deadlines to meet isn't going to fix bugs.
    good! they should have the pressure. any online based company knows that having their main source of money offline all day is not good for business :) plus in 2 hours im probably just going to blow my money on another game instead of maple XD
  • ElindorilElindoril
    Reactions: 215
    edited November 2016
    PlasticHolly

this is probably the number one prevailing complaint on these and other forums about nexon the lack of communication and followup, over 24 hours ago the CM was going to get us exact changes to hard magnus, and he has yet to even mention it again after many attempts by lots of players to get a response both here in live streams and reditt (just as an example)
    Considering the community I'm not surprised they'd rather stay quiet.
    ExoArt
    ExoArt said:

good! they should have the pressure. any online based company knows that having their main source of money offline all day is not good for business :) plus in 2 hours im probably just going to blow my money on another game instead of maple XD
    They're already feeling the heat with a 14+ hour downtime. I think that enough should be pressure.
    xEvilSoulx
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    Reactions: 610
    edited November 2016
    Primarily people are just bored... Yes even YouTube can start to become boring after watching for awhile. I just keep checking back on here to see if the devs have posted anything new on updates. Sadly looks like its going to be tomorrow before any gameplay. Would be awesome to get in at least some tonight but hey nothing we can do to speed up the teams process. Just sit back and relax and keep refreshing this post lol.
  • poppinbubblezpoppinbubblez
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    hey guys im going to whine and cry over a game that i didnt pay for not only am i going to whine and cry but im going to about events extension when some mmo's dont even get events. and the greatest part is im going to flame a company that didnt have to branch off and come to america in the first place about how they run there game and how poorly there doing it because i no so much about coding that im a master yea..... man who knew i was going to do that, who knew i was going to flame like a 9 year old school girl who didnt get the teddy bear she wanted.... love kids man i love em so much i could burn em...image
    FyrestormDarkOathringayeenJaydtrix
  • FuzziesFuzzies
    Reactions: 350
    edited November 2016
    guys relax just go watch The Hobbit and it'll be done :P
  • xEvilSoulxxEvilSoulx
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    it's amazing how people just get "used" to this kind of stuff, i mean, i wish i could say i can get used to bad doctors, or i can get used to bad teacher, or get used to bad politicians (oh wait, well i actually got used to them) or get used to all kind of bad stuff, but i don't, i really like maplestory enough to get pissed at how things doesn't change, how everytime there are less and less players because people i know and talk about this game just quit after the 1st patch because of this.

Actually 5 friends were coming back just to play this update and just uninstalled a while ago, and they were right, nexon has not improved at all, but well, enough rage from me, i think i have to get used to this as you all do.

And i'm pretty sure we all can give our opinions about what we want, i don't need to be a president to complain about a president, or a doctor to complain about one, or a game developer to complain about a game.

and yeah there are other games with worse staff but they at least communicate with their players, it's the number 1 complaint i've had about nexon, in every game, not just maplestory, happened with mabinogi, happened with vindictus, audition

poppinbubblezCoraline
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    edited November 2016
    Fuzzies
    Fuzzies said:

Now are we talking just the one or all? Most definitely should be finished if you watch them all <3
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Fuzzies
    Fuzzies said:

I've been Christmas shopping all day very painful :( (LOL sorry just hate Christmas shopping!)
    Jaydtrix
  • FuzziesFuzzies
    Reactions: 350
    edited November 2016
    Don't worry Nexon with make it up to us with a 500 maple point coupon.
    xEvilSoulxange1DoIIJaydtrix
  • CeeDeertyCeeDeerty
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2016
    Well, I don't mind that I've waited all day for the patch to get released so that I can play, I've done it for almost every big update since the game came out. The only issue I see with it is that I won't be able to think about anything non-maplestory related until I get home tomorrow to play. GG Nexon, you make me too excited.
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    edited November 2016
    I've got nothing but time Nexon I'm laid up for another month minimum... Gimme your best shot <3 Gotta love broken bones rofl.