[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I have an awesome idea!

PapasPapas
Reactions: 310
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Okay so i'm not sure if this is in the right section but I have (what I believe to be) a great idea!

You know how on Google Chrome when there isn't a solid internet connection you are left with the little dinosaur jumping game?
What if when the game went down Nexon had some sort of backup game that would still launch while the main servers were down..?
I know a easy work around to this would be to just play another game... but I just thought it would be kinda cool.

What kind of game would you be most interested in playing if this were to somehow happen!? I personally think a jump quest styled mini-game would be easy enough to code!

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Could reuse one of those single-player Star Planet minigames.

(Or MMF, but that'd be like rubbing salt in the wound to most people lol)
    Papas
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    Letting us do the jump quest in sleepywood with a generic toon offline would be a nice frustrating time killer. Or the zakum one. Not sure which one i hated doing more.
    PapasSimbaX
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited December 2016
    Nexon - or anyone else - can't do any "game on a pause screen", else they will violate protected copyright.
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    Well isnt really a pause screen or even a loading screen. Just an offline screen like the one google has. Or has google copyrighted that?
  • Hungry4PizzaHungry4Pizza
    Reactions: 1,260
    edited December 2016
    I would like to have Monster Life whenever the servers go down, Not sure how possible that would be, but the only reason I'd play Monster Life is I want something Maple-related when Maplestory unavailable.
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited December 2016
    you lost me at Google Chrome (still shocked people use that i find it to tend to be more buggy then internet explorer and use way more computer memory)
    but a game you can play while games offline... multiple issues with that tech team wise login server wise

it would have to be something no progress could be gained in...
    personally i tend to play some other game when i am playing maple and it goes down for updates and what
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited December 2016
    Well if it's a matter of location, they can build it into the launcher file. You can still open the nexon launcher even when the game is down. As for all the other players who use the site or steam to log in, make it trigger the launcher file instead.

As for progress, I don't think it should require log ins at all. It is (or is intended to be), afterall, an offline game.

I like the idea of SW jump quest too. I loved that JQ despite never finishing it. Didn't stop me from trying when I'm just trying to relax. :D
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    i'd like to see the Maplestory card game come back, I had fun with that when the main game was down.
  • SimbaXSimbaX
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

Nexon - or anyone else - can't do any "game on a pause screen", else they will violate protected copyright.
    You can't copyright an idea.