[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Kisj
    Kisj said:

well that's it i can't take it anymore, youtube is boring, nothing good on tv, all the TV series i have are boring, no movies to bother with either... think i'll just go back to sleep until friday comes around
    Try IT Crowd :D

MadeYaLook
  • myrojinmyrojin
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    i would realy want to play on reboot aswell.
    i like the sound of it.
    but im from europe:(
    give us a reboot server on europe! pls!!!

ps: i dont know what char to main:( came back afther a lot of years lost my old acount:P and now i got a lvl 11 phantom and a lvl 103 bishop but the fire thingy! what to lvl now:O????
    ringayeen
  • AdoxumAdoxum
    edited December 2016
    myrojin
    myrojin said:

i like the sound of it.

ps: i dont know what char to main:( came back afther a lot of years lost my old acount:P and now i got a lvl 11 phantom and a lvl 103 bishop but the fire thingy! what to lvl now:O????
    I had this issue aswell, I checked youtube videos of each class and decided I wanted to play Wind Archer due to them being very fun to play (in my opinion). Make sure that you are 100% sure when you decide what class to play as you will use that character to burn it and get gifts in-game that only one character per account can get.

myrojin
  • MDenhamMDenham
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Hey.

Hey, guys.

Guys.

Under an hour left, hopefully.

Can we please not crash the login server within the first five minutes? :-D
    ringayeenKingStarfireDrayvenXAkihikoT_
  • myrojinmyrojin
    edited December 2016
    MDenham
    MDenham said:

DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

Cause I honestly like a grind but if money gives too much of an edge it usually ends up putting me of the game, cause I am not going to funnel some ridiculous amount of money to just get all the best in slot gear for a class.
    I will say that MS is the grindiest MMO out there.

Well, at least, of the ones I've heard of. There's something to be said about needing 20 billion EXP (give or take) to hit the level cap, about having bosses with over a billion HP, and so on.

I'll still always have a place in my heart for FFXI (my first MMO), but when money is tight for whatever reason MS definitely scratches that "let's get on and start grinding" itch. :-)

have you tryed black desert online:P? it has no lvl cap and only a handfull of quests ! :P if you like to grind try that one
  • XeiruXeiru
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    if anyone wants to group up for the broa server once the servers are back up. send me a message
    DarXanvo
  • myrojinmyrojin
    edited December 2016
    Adoxum
    Adoxum said:

myrojin
    myrojin said:

i like the sound of it.

I had this issue aswell, I checked youtube videos of each class and decided I wanted to play Wind Archer due to them being very fun to play (in my opinion). Make sure that you are 100% sure when you decide what class to play as you will use that character to burn it and get gifts in-game that only one character per account can get.

well i realy like thief classes and mage classes and being the support :P so i think phantom is the class for me XD but easy lvl 150 what to pick!!!!!
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    MDenham
    MDenham said:

Hey.

Hey, guys.

Guys.

Under an hour left, hopefully.

Can we please not crash the login server within the first five minutes? :-D
    thankfully most people ragecrashed so it's only gonna be a small few going on >o>
    can't wait to get ahead
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    people behind the scenes to be able to do this for us to play not only that the nexon team are fixing many bugs which showed up after maintance finished. Smh some people don't appreciate how hard these teams work. They might not of had any sleep yet :( people should be praising not bad mouthing them.
    Come on guys, its a game. i may get bad comments about this, but guys, think of it as this way, appreciate that they are trying to fix the bugs NOW rather then taking the server down unexpectedly....yes its been hours and hours and hours, but instead of bad mouthing nexon, appreciate instead, for what THEY are doing. They may of not had sleep, or proper food etc, but least they're trying? maybe shift work to figure everything out. come on guys, its a game, appreciate what they are doing for us. I mean how would you like it if, you had to sit at a computer to fix bugs, fix things for people who are BAD MOUTHING wanting to go on the game? How would you feel? Hurt? upset? want to give up?

P.S: throw stuff at me, idc, but i say, is fair.
    P.S.S: think of all the leveling you could be doing ONCE the game is up, think of it that way, enjoy the game once its up!
    ringayeen
  • AdoxumAdoxum
    edited December 2016
    myrojin
    myrojin said:

Adoxum
    Adoxum said:

myrojin
    myrojin said:

i like the sound of it.

well i realy like thief classes and mage classes and being the support :P so i think phantom is the class for me XD but easy lvl 150 what to pick!!!!!
    I like playing supportive classes aswell in MMOs, I mostly play healer in other MMOs but Maplestory is different. I don't really think being a support class (example given: Bishop) is actually fun and rewarding other than you can help your party with buffs and etcetera. I rather play damage dealer in a MMO like MS, I always go caster/ranged in MMOs when not healer so I picked Wind Archer that seems pretty fun and decent (strength wise). Phantom seems to be a good class aswell so you could go for it if you like the abilities and gameplay.
  • ShadyNeroShadyNero
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2016
    ringayeen
    ringayeen said:

ShadyNero
    ShadyNero said:

KensterMeme

I find it utterly adorable how there's so many people complaining and whining. As well as calling the Nexon staff incompetent and unable to do their jobs correctly.

I'm just gonna call it out as it is. For all those ragers and QQ'ers.... just shut the heck up. Honestly. Y'all are speaking as if 95% of you are the next upcoming programming gods. Well here's the reality for you guys: Unless you guys can do their jobs 100x better than they can with the spoonful of knowledge you THINK you have, it'd be best to withhold your rude and demeaning comments. If you think you're all that and can do it, by all means, send your resume and list of valid backgrounds over to Nexon's office and the decent and respectful players will be waiting patiently for your grandiose acceptance email.

Nexon said from they beginning that this maint can be subject to varying times and duration's due to the size of the patch and all the contents. It's not like this is the first expansion we've had to wait a plethora of time for. Any maple veteran here will be the first to take a step back and just let Nexon do it's thing.
    You're absolutely right. I may not be able to run laps around Nexon's coding staff. On the other hand, I also don't receive a paycheck from them every two weeks. Nexon's staff has an expectation of being able to do their job competently. I do not. If I did, I would work for Nexon. If you go to a fancy restaurant and the chef undercooks your duck l'orange, you're going to complain, right? Even though you may not personally be able to masterfully cook the dish yourself, you're not cooking it yourself; you're paying someone else to do it, and as such, you expect them to get it right. After all, they do this for a living and are getting paid for it, so they have the expectation of competency. Someone, somewhere, hired them to do the job based on an assumption of a certain level of skill. So yes, customers have every right to complain when any company (Nexon included) displays a consistent lack of competence, whether said customers could personally do better or not. I'm sure it's a difficult job. The easy solution would be to hire programmers who are skilled enough to do it properly and pay more to accomplish this goal if necessary. (It's not like Nexon isn't making enough money.) Their staff has chosen this career path, if they're not up to the task, perhaps they should choose another one. It's one thing to have a few occasional glitches with updates, it's another to have a bug-riddled game that introduces new errors with nearly every patch. The latter should not simply be brushed off as acceptable and is an issue that any customer-focused company would address.

With that said, that doesn't mean that players can't cut the company a bit of slack. This is a big update with a lot of significant changes, and Nexon has not only addressed, but also adequately compensated players for the inconvenience while they do their best to resolve the issues and get the game back online. I believe that the frustration most players are expressing is based on a long track record of flawed updates followed by unscheduled maintenance periods, rather than this single incident in itself. No company is perfect, but it's okay to hold them to a higher standard when they make as many blunders as Nexon does.
    to keep going with this off the wall metaphor, yeah sure. a chef undercooks your food, you're rightfully pissed. but if a fire starts in the building that's unrelated to the cooking, are you automatically allowed to be pissed at the cooks? nah. because even if the fire started in the kitchen, and someone might have caused it by not being careful, they're not firefighters! they do what they can, and when something happens, all they can do is contain the problem and fix it. this is a HIGHER UP problem, not a bottom-level staff issue.
    chill, my dude
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that problems with the game code are probably caused by the coders...

• FelipecarvFelipecarv
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    Is the game still off-line?
  • JunTsukiyomiJunTsukiyomi
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2016
    please hurry would love to play again after a year of hiatus :(
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    Yep but supposed to be back by 3 am.. we shall see though.
  • MDenhamMDenham
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    ShadyNero
    ShadyNero said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that problems with the game code are probably caused by the coders...
    Usually this is the case, but I'll recommend visiting The Daily WTF as sometimes it's caused by the managers imposing idiotic requirements on the coders.
    ringayeenWolfcat501
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
    ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

people behind the scenes to be able to do this for us to play not only that the nexon team are fixing many bugs which showed up after maintance finished. Smh some people don't appreciate how hard these teams work. They might not of had any sleep yet :( people should be praising not bad mouthing them.
    Come on guys, its a game. i may get bad comments about this, but guys, think of it as this way, appreciate that they are trying to fix the bugs NOW rather then taking the server down unexpectedly....yes its been hours and hours and hours, but instead of bad mouthing nexon, appreciate instead, for what THEY are doing. They may of not had sleep, or proper food etc, but least they're trying? maybe shift work to figure everything out. come on guys, its a game, appreciate what they are doing for us. I mean how would you like it if, you had to sit at a computer to fix bugs, fix things for people who are BAD MOUTHING wanting to go on the game? How would you feel? Hurt? upset? want to give up?

P.S.S: think of all the leveling you could be doing ONCE the game is up, think of it that way, enjoy the game once its up!

What if they are sleeping right now and we are just waiting for them to wake up?
    dizco
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Mek
    Mek said:

ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

What if they are sleeping right now and we are just waiting for them to wake up?
    :) sorry to say but deal with it. that's my answer. we all have been waiting for job 5 for 10 years, another 1-2 days or so shouldn't hurt us at all. Sorry if you hate my comment. btw, if people complain, they may extend more time for maintenance, less time to complain, they will finish faster. (So i heard)
  • AlmostEasyAlmostEasy
    Reactions: 815
    edited December 2016
    I don't mind the wait, because i know you guys, as a hard working team, is perfecting this HUGE update, to avoid future unwanted occurrences. I do hope it's does come back up soon, as we're all eager to play! Keep up the good work guys
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Coding something from scratch and using duct tape and super glue to fuse a decade old game with decade old data together with completely new code for everything are very different things and no amount of experience or testing can prepare you for the metric ton of bugs that comes with doing that.
    Especially when you can only test it locally.
    Probably not very cost effective for them to set up a PTR, either.
    All you can do in this situation is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
    DrayvenXange1DoII
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
    ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

Mek
    Mek said:

ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

:) sorry to say but deal with it. that's my answer. we all have been waiting for job 5 for 10 years, another 1-2 days or so shouldn't hurt us at all. Sorry if you hate my comment. btw, if people complain, they may extend more time for maintenance, less time to complain, they will finish faster. (So i heard)

I'm just kidding xp
    Although kinda sucks waiting for so long, but oh well we just to have to sit tight and wait