[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Classes that are FUN to play

XjangoonXXjangoonX
Reactions: 200
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Since there is the new "mega burning event" going on, i thought i would like to start a character again. im not sure which classes are fun and OP at the moment. the classes i do not wish to play is luminous, demon slayer/avenger, wild hunter, kaiser, blaze wizard, evan, bishop, aran, cannoneer, mechanic, and bishop. these are all characters i have played in the past and i do not really wish to play them at the moment. Please give me feedback on which class i should play.

Comments

• HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited November 2016
    Well the bandwagon class currently is demon avenger which I will be making, Bam is on the rise too, kaiser got the most op 5th job skill even though slightly nerfed. if you like afking, beasttamer is now open. If you are not on reboot then zero is really fun but not part of burning. Xenon is what I main and is relatively fun but will actually requre some funding now. If I was you i'd try one of the pirate classes theyre pretty funa nd have good mobbing skills. As for op= aran, NL, kaiser.
    XjangoonX
  • LuxxLuxx
    Reactions: 1,795
    edited November 2016
    What you find unfun might be fun to others.
    MekHungry4Pizza
  • XjangoonXXjangoonX
    edited November 2016
    HeinekenHero

Well the bandwagon class currently is demon avenger which I will be making, Bam is on the rise too, kaiser got the most op 5th job skill even though slightly nerfed. if you like afking, beasttamer is now open. If you are not on reboot then zero is really fun but not part of burning. Xenon is what I main and is relatively fun but will actually requre some funding now. If I was you i'd try one of the pirate classes theyre pretty funa nd have good mobbing skills. As for op= aran, NL, kaiser.
    ive heard alot of good things about night lord. whats so good about him? is it just his skill sets?
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited November 2016
    Luxx
    Luxx said:

What you find unfun might be fun to others.
    Think he just wants to know the current easy funding characters and ones that can get stuff done solo or with a variety of skills.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    ....battlemage
    toothflush
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    One of my buddies started playing and made a xenon. Said he is basically tron with missiles and is loving it so far.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited November 2016
    I personally made a Night Lord without being prepared to fund.

Reason for that, is because it was my first ever class I played back in 2009 and to this day I still enjoy it.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

I personally made a Night Lord without being prepared to fund.

Reason for that, is because it was my first ever class I played back in 2009 and to this day I still enjoy it.
    I made a NL because I accidentally got illbis.
  • KnightzhellKnightzhell
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Fun is subjective, I like Hero/Bishop/Buccaneer/Wind Archer. My friend dislikes any pirate but likes Aran/Luminous/Dark Knight.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    we can't tell you what classes that are fun.. since its a personal opnion.

but for example i love Aran,Evan,Shade,Zero,Kaiser.

and i hate Phantom cause its such a boring class.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited December 2016
    I personally like all but marksman; it's way to slow for me.
  • JinxProofJinxProof
    edited December 2016
    I've heard a lot of good things from my friends playing F/P mages, honestly. I'm personally playing a DB for the burning event, but that's for late game and DPS. F/P consistently is at the top of all lists, if you're willing to go mage I would go that route. Good mobbing/bossing.

ps, friends playing F/P have link skills and whatnot, so that may play into it a bit
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2016
    My favorite Class:
    I have to make 2 of everything because I like having a female and a male.

I made every character 4th job already
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    HeinekenHero

My main is a 207 DA and to all the people jumping on the DA train all i can say is you will also pray for some execution buffs. But i will let you all know that my life as a DA 100% consists of using Lunar Slash while jumping back and forth across the warrior grounds farming event stuff. Bossing is easy though since we cant die unless you get seduced with a 1/1 combo. But that goes for anyone unlucky enough to get hit with that mess. Anyway, everyone should still make one anyway for our sweet sweet link skill.

• JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    I had a lot of fun leveling up my Cannoneer. Helps that the skills look awesome and you get bonus inventory space.
  • Hungry4PizzaHungry4Pizza
    Reactions: 1,260
    edited December 2016
    Knightzhell

Fun is subjective, I like Hero/Bishop/Buccaneer/Wind Archer. My friend dislikes any pirate but likes Aran/Luminous/Dark Knight.
    I like Hero, but I'd like to hear why you like him.

Does the lack of HP Replenish get to you at times?
    Rely on Honsters and Elixers?
    Does the Damage Fluctuations of the Combo system get to you?
    Do you like the old Valhalla Hyper, or the new Valhalla Hyper more?
  • UppersoulzUppersoulz
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2016
    There are NO unfun class, like in every game. Everybody have their own class that will be fun for him in eternity, just try out classes or search on YouTube
  • Relic118Relic118
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2016
    I agree with many others here, that you should play what 'feels right,' where your class should reflect your playstyle.

However, I have no problem listing my favorites (in the order that I play them, not in order of effectiveness):

Shade-
    I thoroughly enjoy this class, and I've main'd it since coming back to GMS early November. It has a unique mobbing style of pulling monsters around you into nice neat piles which you can then stomp. This is especially effective when you find maps where platforms are close enough to one another that a single attack may reach two rows of enemies. One great example of this is Clams at Gold Beach, or Rashes in Leafre. Later on, bossing is fun as you get a very nifty stun, and an attack which creates static duplicates of (most) enemies which can also take damage for the original. The attacks are very pretty, as they're all in a sort of neon flare.

Kanna-
    I hated this class.... For the first 60 levels. Their basic attack (think it's called Haunting?) is carried all the way from first job and doesn't grow across jobs, and then it also doesn't have any much effective range, making it hard to control a map. Both their attacks and their teleport are slow and have delays. Teleporting with Kanna is frustrating, as you tend to arrive where you want to go too late. But, and this is a big BUT, everything changes with third job. The Kanna at third job becomes a map decimating machine, and you'll find that with your many AOEs and DOTs that you'll be hitting enemies over the entire maps. Level 60-70+ at drakes is so gratifying, as the map is situated perfectly to allow you to hit just about everything. And people will never chase you out of a map- You will likely get many friends and party requests instead (Thanks to Kishin).

Evan-
    I wish I could just say 'because dragons' and move on as if I could leave it at that and have proved my point. Honestly, I can only talk about my nostalgia for this class, as I haven't played it since maybe early 2015. I will say this though: The quests are terrible, long, and annoying, but watching Mir grow from a hatchling to a full-fledged dragon was so astoundingly gratifying. It was absolutely worth the effort when I had originally made one back on release, but I don't really know how much of that still compares to today. Leveling at that time was much more difficult, and each milestone did feel like a huge achievement. So, this may not hold up, sorry...

Those are the only three I feel like writing in detail about, but I would also recommend these guys in no particular order:
    Kaiser, Demon Slayer, Night Lord, Luminous, Kinesis, Cannoneer
    XjangoonX
  • SwordofShieldsSwordofShields
    Reactions: 745
    edited December 2016
    My favorite has always been and will always be Paladin, even pre-BB. Kind of a bummer they're the Umbreon of Maplestory statwise but hey, I like their toolbox of support/bossing skills and their Rush is my favorite of the three explorer warriors.

...of course, my idea of fun is the exact opposite of most people (I HATE button mashing, whether it be for attacks or for potions), so naturally I gravitate to classes that require the least keystrokes (even demon avenger has to spam shield chaser to be effective), and I also only like Warriors, but to each their own.
  • KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2016
    I would have to say for me its the Eric Class.