[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Evan vs FirePoison Mage

JonyMaplerJonyMapler
Reactions: 620
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Hi Maplers

I want yo ask you guys what you think about those two mages... which one can be hard to fund, to play, have better mechanics? and in general, wich one is the best for you?

Comments

• KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    personally I like the F/P more, we have really good pure damage only to be augmented by our DoT plus we have decent mobbing.
  • Hungry4PizzaHungry4Pizza
    Reactions: 1,260
    edited December 2016
    Its a hard choice, Both are very good.

in KMS ver. 1.2.254
    Evans will be rebalanced from their current state because their a little too strong at the moment.
    Evans do NOT get a huge nerf, but will be rescaled to something more reasonable. And it might not reach us for a fairly long while.

Inherited Will Inherited Will: boss damage and maximum HP boosts have been removed
    To Home To Home: cooldown has been increased to 600 seconds
    Swift - Return! Swift – Return!: final damage boost has been decreased from 20% to 10%
    Swift of Wind Swift of Wind: if multiple blades hit 1 enemy, Swift of Wind’s final damage will be decreased by 35%
    Support Jump Support Jump: an error where this skill could be used on maps where movement skills are restricted has been fixed
    Dive of Thunder Dive of Thunder: orb creation interval has been increased, orb duration has been decreased
    Elemental Reset Elemental Reset: final damage boost has been decreased from 30% to 15%
    Magic Amplification Magic Amplification: final damage boost has been decreased from 30% to 15%, MP consumption boost has been decreased from 150% to 130%
    Dragon Breath Dragon Breath: cooldown has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds, Swift of Thunder’s damage boost has been decreased from 350%p to 300%p, Dive of Thunder’s damage boost has been decreased from 260%p to 210%p
    Breath of Wind Breath of Wind: damage has been decreased from 270% to 215%, damage boost on low health enemies has been decreased from 80%p to 65%p, number of hits has been increased from 4 to 5
    Enhanced Magic Debris Enhanced Magic Debris: magic debris’ maximum creation limit has been decreased from 25 to 15
    F/P by comparison merely get their max damage cap increased.
    It's safe to say they are pretty balance at the moment, and Evans will follow suit in due time.
  • EddieFoxFoxEddieFoxFox
    Reactions: 940
    edited December 2016
    Between the two I have more fun playing with Frog Farts :p Evan's gameplay is rather annoying to me.
  • yannickyannick
    Reactions: 340
    edited December 2016
    I love my potion mage
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited December 2016
    yannick
    yannick said:

I love my potion mage
    you use alot of potions huh lol
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Evan is marginally better but you should play a class you love.
  • BanksBanks
    Reactions: 1,270
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    JonyMapler

Hi Maplers

I want yo ask you guys what you think about those two mages... which one can be hard to fund, to play, have better mechanics? and in general, wich one is the best for you?
    Hello JonyMapler,

I would have to say, F/P is my favorite over Evan. I personally played both classes and F/P is what I had more fun with. Both classes are extremely strong in their own way. However, their play styles are different.

With Evan, you are comboing skills which takes management of the cooldowns and a whole bunch of other stuff I just don't feel like doing. Additionally, my keyboard was loaded with too many skills which often got hard to keep track of. That is my opinion about Evan.

However, with F/P I enjoy the simplicity. The bossing skill is straight forward, and so is using many of their other skills. I'm personally explorer bias so I generally lean more toward any explorer class. Additionally, the F/P mage can switch to I/L or bishop whenever you get bored, so there is that bonus. Also, NX can be transferred between explorer characters, so if you switch from F/P to NL, you will have all your nx. That is my insight and hopefully I was somewhat helpful!
    JonyMapler
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Hungry4Pizza

Its a hard choice, Both are very good.

in KMS ver. 1.2.254
    Evans will be rebalanced from their current state because their a little too strong at the moment.
    Evans do NOT get a huge nerf, but will be rescaled to something more reasonable. And it might not reach us for a fairly long while.

Inherited Will Inherited Will: boss damage and maximum HP boosts have been removed
    To Home To Home: cooldown has been increased to 600 seconds
    Swift - Return! Swift – Return!: final damage boost has been decreased from 20% to 10%
    Swift of Wind Swift of Wind: if multiple blades hit 1 enemy, Swift of Wind’s final damage will be decreased by 35%
    Support Jump Support Jump: an error where this skill could be used on maps where movement skills are restricted has been fixed
    Dive of Thunder Dive of Thunder: orb creation interval has been increased, orb duration has been decreased
    Elemental Reset Elemental Reset: final damage boost has been decreased from 30% to 15%
    Magic Amplification Magic Amplification: final damage boost has been decreased from 30% to 15%, MP consumption boost has been decreased from 150% to 130%
    Dragon Breath Dragon Breath: cooldown has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds, Swift of Thunder’s damage boost has been decreased from 350%p to 300%p, Dive of Thunder’s damage boost has been decreased from 260%p to 210%p
    Breath of Wind Breath of Wind: damage has been decreased from 270% to 215%, damage boost on low health enemies has been decreased from 80%p to 65%p, number of hits has been increased from 4 to 5
    Enhanced Magic Debris Enhanced Magic Debris: magic debris’ maximum creation limit has been decreased from 25 to 15
    F/P by comparison merely get their max damage cap increased.
    It's safe to say they are pretty balance at the moment, and Evans will follow suit in due time.

Already happened. It hurt..
    To the f/p v evan, i'd say Evan cause biased/mained it since release.