[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna Bugged

ThatGuyZennyThatGuyZenny
Reactions: 1,300
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
i keep dcing when using attacking skills

World: Luna

Class : Kanna

Moderator Note:

Hello.

Please follow the Bug Reporting format via the MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines when posting in this subforum.

Bug type:

Brief bug summary:

More details:
(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:
(if not covered in the summary)

Character name:
Character level:
Character job:
World name:
Date and time of the incident:
(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)
PuppyMangoGarrotKanado

Comments

• OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Do you have any "Chance to ignore some damage" potential equipped? Because having this and your Foxfire will cause the game to DC you.
  • ShihoMiyanoShihoMiyano
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    I have the same issue here, except I supposedly get detected by Maple Police and disconnected for hack reasons.
    A ticket later the reply I got was that for higher levels Kanna depends on the Vanquisher's charm to kill, and it's a constant spamming skill that can be misread as hacking, gets worse if you happen to live overseas and have some latency issues as well (Australian here). So supposedly I am to kill mobs that I can 1-2 hit KO without buffs and then after a while I can use buffs and hunt normally...

Except it didn't work out so well as casting buff is almost second nature, so it would only prolong my connection for another 20 minutes before it happens again.
    I am about to lodge another ticket right after this...
  • ThatGuyZennyThatGuyZenny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    ShihoMiyano

I have the same issue here, except I supposedly get detected by Maple Police and disconnected for hack reasons.
    A ticket later the reply I got was that for higher levels Kanna depends on the Vanquisher's charm to kill, and it's a constant spamming skill that can be misread as hacking, gets worse if you happen to live overseas and have some latency issues as well (Australian here). So supposedly I am to kill mobs that I can 1-2 hit KO without buffs and then after a while I can use buffs and hunt normally...

Except it didn't work out so well as casting buff is almost second nature, so it would only prolong my connection for another 20 minutes before it happens again.
    I am about to lodge another ticket right after this...
    This is the exact issue im having
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The ticket reply is incorrect.
    OdysseyTwo's is correct.
    Check for "% chance to ignore % damage" potential lines, and either remove or recube any gear that has them.
    (Or don't use Haku, since it's his Foxfire in conjunction with that potential that causes the false hack detection. But not summoning Haku isn't a practical solution)
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

OdysseyTwo's is correct.
    Check for "% chance to ignore % damage" potential lines, and either remove or recube any gear that has them.
    (Or don't use Haku, since it's his Foxfire in conjunction with that potential that causes the false hack detection. But not summoning Haku isn't a practical solution)
    Your wrong i dont have those lines and i tryed hunting without haku and still got the dc

• ShihoMiyanoShihoMiyano
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

OdysseyTwo's is correct.
    Interesting, I have no idea if I have that sort of potential in any of my Kanna equips. I would love to check, but I can't do that right now for obvious reason...
    If I remember correctly, I have been disconnected even though I haven't used any buffs as well, so that might not be the issue after all.
    But come to think of it, I haven't had any problems like this before the Halloween update, it only started after that said update.
    It is so annoying because I am forced to play other characters and lower level fields are often infested by hackers on all channels, yet legit players suffer because some people aren't willing to play the game properly (Castes Table Flip!)
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited December 2016
    ThatGuyZenny

AKradian
    AKradian said:

OdysseyTwo's is correct.
    Your wrong i dont have those lines and i tryed hunting without haku and still got the dc

Did you use the hyper bubble though?
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    KeepComingBack

ThatGuyZenny

AKradian
    AKradian said:

OdysseyTwo's is correct.

Did you use the hyper bubble though?
    No
  • YinPhoenixYinPhoenix
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2016
    Also having problem when attacking. All I need to do is kill a couple mobs and by then I'll d/c. It has nothing to do with Haku, as I tested it out without activating haku. It has nothing to do with the maps as I've tested it out on several maps all over the place. It appears to activate with a variety of different skills.

World: Reboot
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited December 2016
    I´m also having trouble playing my kanna
    constant dc whenever i kill monsters

pls hotfix since i would love to join in the events, or do all kanna get a huge compensation instead? =)
    the maintenance may take another 24h as far as i am concerned as long as they gat this one sorted out

220 kanna in Luna [now called elysium for some reason]
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited December 2016
    I have same problem too. I've tried more than 5 times and in different maps. Everytime as soon as i attack, even simple Vanquisher's charm with no other map skills, I got logged out within 10 seconds with no warning at all.

I don't have internet issue, my PC is good enough, and i don't lag at the time when attacking..

World: Windia
    Job: Kanna
    Name: PuppyMango Lvl231
    TIme: 4:20-4:51am AEDT 2nd December
  • IraBoRIraBoR
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    I made a kanna for the burning event. Before the second job I did not get dc'd but as soon as I lvl'd the skill ' Soul Bomb ' I kept getting dc'd.

World: Reboot
  • GoomuGoomu
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    Why is it always Kannas? Reboot lv 214 having the DC issues as well (along with others in my alliance).... sigh
  • CrystalystalCrystalystal
    edited December 2016
    And I thought I was the only one in the game having this bug. There goes trying out the new Kanna
  • GarrotGarrot
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    I have that bug,too.
    once I attack a mob, I get dc.
    NEXON plz fix this.
  • bigspiderbigspider
    edited December 2016
    I also have this new DC issues.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited December 2016
    Still checking but it does seem like it is Soul Bomb causing this issue.
    I did not disconnect when I had no points in the skill.
    PuppyMangoYonax
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited December 2016
    Okhura
    Okhura said:

Hope nexon sees what u just said in here, and fix this blocker bug for all kanna players :(
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited December 2016
    PuppyMango

Okhura
    Okhura said:

Hope nexon sees what u just said in here, and fix this blocker bug for all kanna players :(
    Have a Kanna who can kill faster than me checking it then I will send a ticket about it too :)

• YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Bug type: Disconnecting on Kanna

Brief bug summary: When you have put skillpoints in Soul Bomb, you will disconnect after killing only a few mobs.

More details: Soul bomb is a passive 2nd job skill, which when it activates will disconnect you.
    I didn't disconnect after resetting my skills and leaving 0 sp in soul bomb, while maxing out every other skill.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: 1. Login Kanna, 2. Put points in 2nd job skill Soul Bomb 3. kill some mobs. 4. Disconnect

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Yonaku

Character level: 220

Character job: Kanna

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 1 december 2016, 20.53 (CET)