[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

update problems 9,6GB

HikouaHikoua
Reactions: 550
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
someone knowns why there's 9,66 GB of update for my since it should be only 866MB?

Comments

• ShanerationShaneration
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    my partner also had this issue not entirely sure what happened here, my update wa sonly about 900mb, i would suggest that beofre u do anything press the cog and make sure you repair your installtion, just incase any files are missing my partner was missing a dll after going through all the exact same thing you have. this reapir installation fixed it right up.
    Hikoua
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    Reactions: 940
    edited November 2016
    Yeah well i just got the same..... I would tend to think that 866mb was way too small to be true lol
    Hikoua
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited November 2016
    @Hikoua That's just a minor issue that seems to happen every patch. Though I wish it would be fixed. -3- Just exit the launcher > log back in > all games > maplestory > gamepage > play. See if that works. If not, try repeating or restart your computer.

Just remember to cancel if it tries downloading that 9gb.
    Hikoua
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited November 2016
    I have the same problem as well. Tried updating but then its reinstalling w/o my approval
    Hikoua
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited December 2016
    this thing is so helpfull not sure if many people know
    but sud be pined
    people can repair and then download the patch instead of geting the new game each time ~10gb its alot for those that are on limited net
    (before those people that got no limit jumps in its oke WE KNOW YOU GOT BEST net let it be please dont attack us)
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited December 2016
    or maybe not ;( it keeps downloading full game ;(
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited December 2016
    xxHorntailxx

I have the same problem as well. Tried updating but then its reinstalling w/o my approval
    unable automatic update
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Hi, this happens to me too. Every single update for me. :(
    I think it happens when you cancel the download and things get all wiggy.

I recommend cancelling the launcher download and downloading the manual patch located here. This patch should install correctly and, once installed, the launcher should eventually go back to normal (not immediately, but after a day or so).
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited December 2016
    this is getting really annoying. I tried redownloading and its stuck even tho my internet is okay... i waited 12 hrs trying to reinstall and its still at 36%
  • AoikazegaAoikazega
    edited December 2016
    I know your pain guys/gals. I've downloaded the game 4 times now. Twice from steam, once from NX client and again from the main website. Luckily I have a 200mbit connection but still, I remember the dial-up days. My problem is the BlackXchg.aes hanging and if I kill it, I can play for about 3 mins before getting HACK DETECTED bullshart. Those 3 minute sessions are glorious tho...... crit is weird now tho...... MM nerf?
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Hi, this happens to me too. Every single update for me. :(
    I think it happens when you cancel the download and things get all wiggy.

I recommend cancelling the launcher download and downloading the manual patch located here. This patch should install correctly and, once installed, the launcher should eventually go back to normal (not immediately, but after a day or so).
    am trying this now ;( hope it works
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited December 2016
    Aoikazega
    Aoikazega said:

I know your pain guys/gals. I've downloaded the game 4 times now. Twice from steam, once from NX client and again from the main website. Luckily I have a 200mbit connection but still, I remember the dial-up days. My problem is the BlackXchg.aes hanging and if I kill it, I can play for about 3 mins before getting HACK DETECTED bullshart. Those 3 minute sessions are glorious tho...... crit is weird now tho...... MM nerf?
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/207335836-Manual-Download-BlackCipher t

try this ?
    Aoikazega
  • AoikazegaAoikazega
    edited December 2016
    WONDERGUY
    WONDERGUY said:

Aoikazega
    Aoikazega said:

https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/207335836-Manual-Download-BlackCipher t

try this ?
    Its verking!!! I could so kiss you rite nao.........