[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Evolving Pets?

XenomataXenomata
Reactions: 2,595
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2016 in General Chat
I dunno how they work. I know I bought a Dragon Egg and it became a baby dragon and it's cute, but past that I don't know how to make it evolve outside of needing the Rock of Evolution.
Do I just use the rock and I have an evolved pet or is there more to it? I tried to find out for myself, but whatever I found was outdated or for some private server and didn't apply to the actual server.
Relic118

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

I dunno how they work. I know I bought a Dragon Egg and it became a baby dragon and it's cute, but past that I don't know how to make it evolve outside of needing the Rock of Evolution.
    Do I just use the rock and I have an evolved pet or is there more to it? I tried to find out for myself, but whatever I found was outdated or for some private server and didn't apply to the actual server.
    talk to Garnox, he'll give you the quest in order to evolve your pet.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    oh thats cool.
  • Relic118Relic118
    Reactions: 725
    edited October 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

I tried to find out for myself, but whatever I found was outdated or for some private server and didn't apply to the actual server.
    I had that same problem. It's a private server, and a pretty popular one apparently to come up at the top of a Maplestory google search.

I was actually hoping on gaining a better understanding of this before I sunk 5 bux into the Egg. Is the evolving process one that requires a lot of time or money? I read elsewhere that the baby dragon must be level 15 before he's eligible. Is that true?

I'm not sinking ten or twenty dollars into pet food, and from what I remember before, it takes a long time to work closeness up.

Might just go with the Kargo again. He's got a fun personality.