[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.229 On Air: An Absolute Unit Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Evolving Pets?

XenomataXenomata
Reactions: 2,595
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2016 in General Chat
I dunno how they work. I know I bought a Dragon Egg and it became a baby dragon and it's cute, but past that I don't know how to make it evolve outside of needing the Rock of Evolution.
Do I just use the rock and I have an evolved pet or is there more to it? I tried to find out for myself, but whatever I found was outdated or for some private server and didn't apply to the actual server.
Relic118

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,400
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

I dunno how they work. I know I bought a Dragon Egg and it became a baby dragon and it's cute, but past that I don't know how to make it evolve outside of needing the Rock of Evolution.
    Do I just use the rock and I have an evolved pet or is there more to it? I tried to find out for myself, but whatever I found was outdated or for some private server and didn't apply to the actual server.
    talk to Garnox, he'll give you the quest in order to evolve your pet.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    oh thats cool.
  • Relic118Relic118
    Reactions: 725
    edited October 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

I tried to find out for myself, but whatever I found was outdated or for some private server and didn't apply to the actual server.
    I had that same problem. It's a private server, and a pretty popular one apparently to come up at the top of a Maplestory google search.

I was actually hoping on gaining a better understanding of this before I sunk 5 bux into the Egg. Is the evolving process one that requires a lot of time or money? I read elsewhere that the baby dragon must be level 15 before he's eligible. Is that true?

I'm not sinking ten or twenty dollars into pet food, and from what I remember before, it takes a long time to work closeness up.

Might just go with the Kargo again. He's got a fun personality.