[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• FuzziesFuzzies
    Reactions: 350
    edited December 2016
    this is some kind of bs
  • StormblessedStormblessed
    Reactions: 1,295
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    What happens to the 2x event were getting in compensation for this? Does it get moved up or do we get some other compensation? I hope you guys fix the server early for once
    DeathsLie
  • HeroDjinnHeroDjinn
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Midgardsormr

Not sure if its just me, but I can't change equips or use any items when travelling on a boat. Skills works just as fine though
    i think thats pretty normal, since its only traveling i dont see a big deal with it
  • BunCakesBunCakes
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited December 2016
    not sure if this is intended or not, but after doing 2 of the 4 daily play v rewards and logging off for about 2-3 hours, I came back and saw that all of my progress on the dailies was gone. would be nice if we didnt have to stay on for essentially 3 hours straight for that one daily event (plus the tons of other stuff to do), as not everyone has that kind of time to commit.
  • myyybaadmyyybaad
    Reactions: 1,135
    edited December 2016
    What's going to happen with the 2x then?
  • CactrotCactrot
    Reactions: 565
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I'm kinda frustrated here. These maintenances are completely preventing US players from playing. The game goes down when they get home and comes back up when they're at work. And with the new timezone change, they miss an extra day because of the reset.
  • XambrynXambryn
    Reactions: 795
    edited December 2016
    Will the schedule be adjusted for the Double EXP between 9:00PM ~ 12:00pm EST?
    DeathsLie
  • SnowieeSnowiee
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2016
    You can expect them to extend the maintenance AGAIN.
  • psiyonpsiyon
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    I am hoping everything gets extended by 24 hours. Didn't play last night, can't play tonight. We better get some sort of compensation. If we don't a whole lot of people gonna be pissed about it.
  • JannaJanna
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    It would be great if you could make some longterm, not temporary, improvements with how much load the server can handle. If it's unplayable before 5th job is even out then I can't imagine it'd last when the major update actually hits. It's great that you're advertising this as a major update (which it is) but the game remains very unstable and these lag/connection issues have been an annoyance for a while now, even on relatively normal server load. /:
    CasuaGio1373
  • psiyonpsiyon
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    Cactrot
    Cactrot said:

I'm kinda frustrated here. These maintenances are completely preventing US players from playing. The game goes down when they get home and comes back up when they're at work. And with the new timezone change, they miss an extra day because of the reset.
    I agree its the reason why I am pretty pissed that they don't have a risk management team to come up with this unforeseeable issues.

Looks like another night of not gaming. So ridiculous.
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Man. I only had 30 minutes left on the clock to get the 4th box for the Play V event. I hope this maintenance actually finishes on time.

Good luck guys, hope it goes well tonight.
  • JinsuneJinsune
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Oh man this maint started right when I got home from my lectures. Dam. That's fine. Time to make dinner and clean up.
  • DaniuzDaniuz
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Please fix the Kanna's DCing bug related to 2nd job Soul Bomb skills. it's causing Disconnection.
    PlasticHolly
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited December 2016
    o-m-g i just got the chance to play cuz its x2 EXP in few minutes and what i discover.... maintanice again T_T ahahahahha at least i hope u fix the problem!! good luck!

BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE x2 EXP EVENT THAT SHOULD BE HAPPENING NOW HAHA?
  • BobyBoby
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Like this if you noticed this bug:

When whispering to someone, the tab still says "All" instead of the person's in game name.

Another one is that when you're chatting, the whole box closes so it's nearly impossible to ever notice if someone's chatting with you or not. The previous chat box made so when you press enter twice it just stops you from typing and you play the game with the chat box opened up. Now pressing twice just closes the entire box, making it harder to socialize and play at the same time. </3
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2016
    Boby
    Boby said:

When whispering to someone, the tab still says "All" instead of the person's in game name.

Another one is that when you're chatting, the whole box closes so it's nearly impossible to ever notice if someone's chatting with you or not. The previous chat box made so when you press enter twice it just stops you from typing and you play the game with the chat box opened up. Now pressing twice just closes the entire box, making it harder to socialize and play at the same time.
    I did not experience this "bug." As for the new chat window, it might be intentional as everything about the new UI seems to be minimalist in nature.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2016
    BunCakes
    BunCakes said:

not sure if this is intended or not, but after doing 2 of the 4 daily play v rewards and logging off for about 2-3 hours, I came back and saw that all of my progress on the dailies was gone. would be nice if we didnt have to stay on for essentially 3 hours straight for that one daily event (plus the tons of other stuff to do), as not everyone has that kind of time to commit.
    Oops, sorry for the double post, but, due to the event times changing because of the EU/NA merger you might have crossed the next "day" as it were. For me, all my event progress resets at 4pm PST/6pm CST/7pm EST.
  • BobyBoby
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016

Another one is that when you're chatting, the whole box closes so it's nearly impossible to ever notice if someone's chatting with you or not. The previous chat box made so when you press enter twice it just stops you from typing and you play the game with the chat box opened up. Now pressing twice just closes the entire box, making it harder to socialize and play at the same time. </3

EDIT:

I just remembered earlier that when also someone whispered to me, and I clicked AND double clicked on the character's IGN the All tab didn't change to the person's name either.

@ACMBlackCipher : Yeah I get it may be that they are trying to make the UI minimalistic but now I can't socialize while playing. :(
  • Shades2Shades2
    Reactions: 585
    edited December 2016
    reboot was almost unplayable the lag was crazy :(. 2nd reboot server eventually would be nice :P