[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is phantom the one of the worst classes rn?

BleethBleeth
Reactions: 300
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2016 in General Chat
I've been playing phantom on reboot with a friend, and i've noticed that overtime the gap between our damage became huge!
He's a Xenon and i am a Phantom, we have the same amount of starforce, equips and link skills, but his damage is around ~800k
and mine is around ~200k-300k. This doesn't seem quite logical to be honest.

Why is Xenon drastically stronger than the Phantom class?
Did nexon forget all about the Phantom class in general?
Is there possibly going to be a revamp at some point, or atleast a buff in damage?

Some questions that i have are also related to upcoming V update.

One of the major features of Phantom is their high avoidability and their maximum critical damage, will Phantom have a high Critical damage now?
And what about the avoidability, is that entirely gone? (With gone i mean that you cannot avoid damage anymore, or the like)

I hope i can get an answer to this, because Phantom is my favourite class and i would not like it to bite the dust any time soon.
  1. Should Phantom somewhat get a buff in damage?20 votes
    1. Yes
       55% (11 votes)
    2. No, specify why.
       45% (9 votes)

Comments

• AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    xenon is 1 of stangest classes thanks to his multi stats
    phantom is pretty strong too
    basically u camparing the incomparable ;)
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Final cut and cross surge don't increase your range from what i understand.
  • BleethBleeth
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

Xenon will only be strong once it gets the % all stat on potentials, otherwise it shouldn't differ too much from the other classes.
    There is also the fact that Phantom has one of the worst average DPS, this has been shown by quite a few youtubers and redditors.
  • BanksBanks
    Reactions: 1,270
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Bleeth
    Bleeth said:

I've been playing phantom on reboot with a friend, and i've noticed that overtime the gap between our damage became huge!
    He's a Xenon and i am a Phantom, we have the same amount of starforce, equips and link skills, but his damage is around ~800k
    and mine is around ~200k-300k. This doesn't seem quite logical to be honest.

Why is Xenon drastically stronger than the Phantom class?
    Did nexon forget all about the Phantom class in general?
    Is there possibly going to be a revamp at some point, or atleast a buff in damage?

Some questions that i have are also related to upcoming V update.

One of the major features of Phantom is their high avoidability and their maximum critical damage, will Phantom have a high Critical damage now?
    And what about the avoidability, is that entirely gone? (With gone i mean that you cannot avoid damage anymore, or the like)

I hope i can get an answer to this, because Phantom is my favourite class and i would not like it to bite the dust any time soon.
    There is no real "worst class." I hate to be that guy who says "just play the class you like, don't worry if your class is worse then another," but sadly they all have a point. If you are playing a class base on how "good" they are, you might as well bandwagon every maintenance. Every class is being updated or nerfed in their own way, and if you like a certain class you should just stick with it. Find the play style you like.

Yes, as far as I know, phantom will have "higher" crit.

Comparing two classes based off equips does not seem the logical thing to do. Just stick with phantom man. If you like the class just play it. Hopefully I gave you some insight.

Bleeth
  • LeiSuoLeiSuo
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Phantom is one of the hardest classes to fun if not the hardest, but if you take the time to fund it it's extremely strong .
    Also have in mind that xenon benefits a lot from the star force system since it gives +all stats
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Bleeth
    Bleeth said:

Aramy
    Aramy said:

Xenon will only be strong once it gets the % all stat on potentials, otherwise it shouldn't differ too much from the other classes.
    There is also the fact that Phantom has one of the worst average DPS, this has been shown by quite a few youtubers and redditors.
    so u forget if xenon prime his gear he get a much better bost than any other class and alsoo %str dex% still bosts him good with phant and all other classes only bost if they get their main stats
    really still u compare the incomparable ;) and would sugest u stick with class u enjoy playing most ;) damage isnt wat makes the maple fun and unique
  • PicapolloSpeakerPicapolloSpeaker
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2016
    Ok, so now that avoidability doesn't exist that means that Phantom will surely be by far one of the worst, if not, the worst class in the game 'cause that was the only thing keeping him viable. Given this situation the only logical thing to do next is to buff him in damage