[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• SecondHeroSecondHero
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    Shades2
    Shades2 said:

reboot was almost unplayable the lag was crazy :(. 2nd reboot server eventually would be nice :P
    You could just play a real server instead of Reb00t. :X

DarkOathmuhha
  • Luckyatl365Luckyatl365
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    anyone else taking a nap while its down!!! XD
  • Shades2Shades2
    Reactions: 585
    edited December 2016
    SecondHero

Shades2
    Shades2 said:

reboot was almost unplayable the lag was crazy :(. 2nd reboot server eventually would be nice :P

reboot is the real server :) the others are dying slowly to be honest.
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    Shades2
    Shades2 said:

SecondHero

Shades2
    Shades2 said:

Server Alliances cause the number of people per server to not be accurately represented.

The game isn't slowly dying.

I'll give you an E-Cookie if you can name anything better about Reb00t Server (easy mode) aside from the shops selling illbis.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    SecondHero

Shades2
    Shades2 said:

SecondHero

Shades2
    Shades2 said:

Server Alliances cause the number of people per server to not be accurately represented.

The game isn't slowly dying.

I'll give you an E-Cookie if you can name anything better about Reb00t Server (easy mode) aside from the shops selling illbis.
    If you people are going to insult each other based on server differences, I wouldn't call you true players.

There are both upsides and downsides which in the end is up to the individual which would they prefer. Lets leave it at that.
    DarkOathSkyTheDestroyer
  • BigZidBigZid
    Reactions: 790
    edited December 2016
    Glad this is getting fixed, 4 hours of maint is preferable to playing the game is that state it was running in (upwards of 20 sec + delay on skills at times in reboot or just good old DC's). that being said it's hard to believe this came as a surprise when you take into consideration this update was advertised as "5th job" and with only one server like reboot for everyone to flock to as once..

Any fix would be appreciated though so we can continue to enjoy the new content.

Off Topic ; Is there any news as to when the big spenders rewards are due? obviously this stuff takes priority i'm just curious if a date was ever posted or if it was just "after the update"

• SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

There are both upsides and downsides which in the end is up to the individual which would they prefer. Lets leave it at that.
    He was complaining about server population when he picked the Easy-Mode world. I told him to go elsewhere because that makes sense.
  • LightDevilsLightDevils
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2016
    Wish I could level my dual blade tonight :(
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    BigZid
    BigZid said:

Glad this is getting fixed, 4 hours of maint is preferable to playing the game is that state it was running in (upwards of 20 sec + delay on skills at times in reboot or just good old DC's). that being said it's hard to believe this came as a surprise when you take into consideration this update was advertised as "5th job" and with only one server like reboot for everyone to flock to as once..

Any fix would be appreciated though so we can continue to enjoy the new content.

Off Topic ; Is there any news as to when the big spenders rewards are due? obviously this stuff takes priority i'm just curious if a date was ever posted or if it was just "after the update"

Solution to overpopulation in Reb00t = Don't play Reb00t
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    honestly, why is the game server time so off of EU instead of NA??? like, please just set it to normalize to your location or something, because it's really disheartening that everything resets at 4 PM for us west coasters, before we can really even do anything, or right when we're in the middle of something. it makes almost every daily incompletable
  • BigZidBigZid
    Reactions: 790
    edited December 2016
    SecondHero

Its2Sharp4U

He was complaining about server population when he picked the Easy-Mode world. I told him to go elsewhere because that makes sense.
    What's so easy about it?

grinding for hours to get gold so you can cube items, waiting for special event to get potential scrolls for items that have no potential from that start

or you could play a "real server" and spend a few hundred dollars and get those in about 5 mins.

Sorry which one was easy mode?

ringayeenJinxProof
  • KensterMemeKensterMeme
    Reactions: 350
    edited December 2016
    Chances are if the game is up at 9pm the 2x will be from 9pm-12pm pst (12-3am est). Or they'll give a 1-2 hour extensions on the future 2x's.

Either way, the maint was rather needed, some link skills were borked, kanna was basically unplayable, and not to mention there was enough server lag to feed a 3rd world country. Reboot and non-reboot alike x_x
    DarkOath
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    BigZid
    BigZid said:

What's so easy about it?

grinding for hours to get gold so you can cube items, waiting for special event to get potential scrolls for items that have no potential from that start

or you could play a "real server" and spend a few hundred dollars and get those in about 5 mins.

Drop modifiers. Exp modifiers. Lack of options in ways to truly earn things.

In the normal game you can grind gold so you can cube items or wait for special events to get potential scrolls for items that have no potential from the start.

I could play on reb00t and buy a bunch of NX to get cosmetics, useful things, etc. OR I could earn meso on the real servers to buy said NX items without spending real dollars to buy said NX.

That's why reb00t is silly.
  • guest1811111guest1811111
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    please stop taking the game down for maintenance and get it right the first time. how can you not know that with over a million players that could potentially log in at the same time that the servers can not handle the load????? are you kidding me? you actually thought this would work??? should have beefed up the servers before this patch which has taken too long already.
  • SupahNoodleSupahNoodle
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    Im running into an issue. Created a beast tamer but after i finished the 1-10 quest i kept dcing after that. I deleted her because i wanted to get on with the burning event however, now, i couldnt create another burning character. Everytime i tried, it said request failed in a blue pop up.
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    BigZid
    BigZid said:

SecondHero

Its2Sharp4U

What's so easy about it?

HONESTLY THO. you don't have to have any talent or anything in other servers. you can just buy your way through LMAO
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    ringayeen
    ringayeen said:

HONESTLY THO. you don't have to have any talent or anything in other servers. you can just buy your way through LMAO
    Alternatively, you could just earn everything by grinding?

It's not like anyone holds a gun to your head and says you HAVE to buy things to be relevant.

In reb00t, you don't think that people don't spend NX to get access to a ton of items that people can't earn? You don't think that they do this to easily rise above people who are grinding? At least in normal servers, I can earn meso and use it to buy those NX items. In reb00t, you're literally gated into eventually spending NX where as that isn't as much of a necessity in the normal servers.
  • PhantomsAriaPhantomsAria
    Reactions: 560
    edited December 2016
    Oh man, I always feel bad for the game techs when big updates come through. The game is always insanely broken for at least a few weeks after the patch/update. It takes a long time to figure out what code moved what and fix it. Big game,lotsa coding. Good luck guys. Hopefully the tickets that have to do with glitches and disconnect issues NOT related to the update will be looked at separately and treated as such...I hope!
  • Luckyatl365Luckyatl365
    edited December 2016
    anybody else praying for them not to do another extension..... I am so appreciative trust that, but i am so ready to get down and dirty with this up date!!!!! as we all are im not he only one suffering.
  • Luckyatl365Luckyatl365
    edited December 2016
    guest1811111

please stop taking the game down for maintenance and get it right the first time. how can you not know that with over a million players that could potentially log in at the same time that the servers can not handle the load????? are you kidding me? you actually thought this would work??? should have beefed up the servers before this patch which has taken too long already.
    Please tell me you ticketed that cause i ran into that to but i had to rush to work cause i lost track of time XD