[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How should I distribute my Hyper Stats?

GeminiaGeminia
Reactions: 2,370
edited December 2016 in General Chat

I'm not very strong, I know, but I'm not sure how I should do my Hyper Stats now. I was going to screw around with them and test out different things but it costs 10 mil meso to reset them.

Comments

• CeominCeomin
    Reactions: 735
    edited December 2016
    Crit damage is useful as BaM's get 100% crit with their main attack. You also can't go wrong with boss damage and IED.
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    if u got alr all kocs links there put on status resistance wich is rly usefull (if no hav all link of kocs yet lvl them and pass to u bf see if u should hiper stats stat res)
    other u can do is ur main stat or crit or boss dmg or ignor def
    all depends of wat u consider usefull
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    ewww you guys why are you telling him these for bam to get stronger?
    it should be
    Damage
    Main stat
    Boss Damage < can be switched with main stat if not bossing alot >
    Crit Damage
    Crit Rate
    Secondary stat < can be mixed macthed with previous 3 > Will depend on class what you need
    i understand the crit and stuff
    but status resistance for a mage?
    how in the world could that possibly make him stronger

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    @Sweetheart123 you should never invest Hyper stat points into your main stat because those stat points don't scale with % stat. Considering the limited availability of hyper stat points, investing in direct damage is almost always the best option.

That would be

Total/Final damage
    Crit damage
    IED
    Boss damage

And now Status resist can be helpful depending on how much you can get without investing hyper stat points in it.
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

@Sweetheart123 you should never invest Hyper stat points into your main stat because those stat points don't scale with % stat. Considering the limited availability of hyper stat points, investing in direct damage is almost always the best option.

That would be

Total/Final damage
    Crit damage
    IED
    Boss damage

And now Status resist can be helpful depending on how much you can get without investing hyper stat points in it.
    he clearly said hes weak
    and i maxed mine gave me like 200+k range
    status resistance does nothing to your damage tho
    and he clearly wants damage
    hence why i went
    Damage
    Main stat
    Boss Damage < can be switched with main stat if not bossing alot >
    Crit Damage
    Crit Rate
    Secondary stat
    but then again im only 211 being a fm hoe
    im sure stat resistance is good for bossing
    but for RANGE AKA DAMAGE for a BAM i would go damage, crit dmg , crit rate, main stat, boss
    i only say secondary cuz he said hes weak the stats would benifit him being a BAM
    i played with the stats on my level 211 bam and for me that was what got me the best range
    but thats with my char and my item setup you might have a total diff setup where the other hypers help more
    i was just thinking range wize for early solo bossing
  • AramyAramy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Sweetheart123

gamechanger

That would be

Total/Final damage
    Crit damage
    IED
    Boss damage

he clearly said hes weak
    to most of my char stats resstance is a bit usefull to bosses
    after all if u manage to get 100 stats resistance u never hav to worry of be cursed anf other things while bossing

edited December 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

Sweetheart123

gamechanger

That would be

Total/Final damage
    Crit damage
    IED
    Boss damage

he clearly said hes weak
    after all if u manage to get 100 stats resistance u never hav to worry of be cursed anf other things while bossing

dont battle mages have a skill that buffs that? some sort of sheild?
    whats it matter about that stuff if u kill it before it do it to you?
  • AramyAramy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Sweetheart123

Aramy
    Aramy said:

Sweetheart123

gamechanger

That would be

Total/Final damage
    Crit damage
    IED
    Boss damage

he clearly said hes weak

u only can do that if u are really stong, wich isnt case for most ppl
    and is logical self buff fully the char to kn were to adress best the points (that why i mentioned if she doesn't hav all koc yet to she get them bf see if apply on stats res is a good idea)
    some classes no even need stats resistance since they alr get over 100 with kocs link and self buff, but not all
    that's why hiper stats should be to adapted to the char needs and goals
    edited December 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

Sweetheart123

Aramy
    Aramy said:

Sweetheart123

gamechanger

That would be

Total/Final damage
    Crit damage
    IED
    Boss damage

he clearly said hes weak

and is logical self buff fully the char to kn were to adress best the points (that why i mentioned if she doesn't hav all koc yet to she get them bf see if apply on stats res is a good idea)
    some classes no even need stats resistance since they alr get over 100 with kocs link and self buff, but not all
    idk to me theres just better ways to get 40% status resistance
    and max stats is going to help everything not just bosses
    training farming ect
    how much resistance u need while you spend 1 hour bossing 4 hours training farming questing dailys hennyhoin ect
    max level 5 ya you want to do a few to help bossing go ahead
    but i would say play with them and see what you like best
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited December 2016
    Just wanted to say that I wasn't aware link skills came undone, so my stats in that picture aren't as high as they could be. Basically I wanted to know which Hyper Stats were most important for me out of Crit Rate, Crit Damage, Boss Damage and Ignore Defense. When I do play on my BaM, I mostly boss but can't even kill Easy Cygnus on my own. Root Abyss, Pink Bean, Madman Ranmaru and lesser bosses are't an issue for me.
  • AramyAramy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Sweetheart123

Aramy
    Aramy said:

Sweetheart123

Aramy
    Aramy said:

Sweetheart123

gamechanger

That would be

Total/Final damage
    Crit damage
    IED
    Boss damage

he clearly said hes weak

idk to me theres just better ways to get 40% status resistance
    and max stats is going to help everything not just bosses
    training farming ect
    how much resistance u need while you spend 1 hour bossing 4 hours training farming questing dailys hennyhoin ect
    max level 5 ya you want to do a few to help bossing go ahead
    but i would say play with them and see what you like best
    agree with u
    the hiper stats not only depens of char needs but the goals too

• TempWindiaTempWindia
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    So id do, Damage > Boss dmg > Crit dmg > Anything else you need.
    Disclaimer:
    Damage is NOT FINAL DAMAGE. It is total damage %.
    Boss dmg is always good so is crit dmg.
    Resistance is now USELESS after 50 points of resistance, I belive after the V Patch the duration of effects is reduced by 50%, anything afterwards, for ever 5 points of resistance your duration is reduced by 1%, rendered useless. You can do cygnus link skills to hit 50. Or a -2 abnormal status resistance neb on your top.