[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• chavacanochavacano
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    THEY ARE SO ENHANCED THAT NOT EVEN THEY PUT HOW LONGER THEY WILL EXTEND THE MAINTENANCE THAN UGLY
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

except this time, it was a hardware issue, because they didn't have the capacity to handle the extra player load, this is foresight at its finest. Hype an event for months then not expect anyone to come?
    Once the last maintenance ended, everyone practically dropped everything and started trying to connect immediately following all the maintenance that was finished. Even websites will go down if too many people are trying to access them all at once. They have the hardware to support the players, just not everyone coming in all at once. This always happens for popular games

• MechJesusMechJesus
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

Us bashing them about how incompetent they are truly has little to no effect because they are busy trying to fix this game then read our post. Butttttttt Upper management/share holders on the other hand, their faces are probably red and breathing down their necks or already have their backs against the wall by now so I'm sure they are under pressure right now.
    well i really hope so !!!
    DarkOath
  • TempWindiaTempWindia
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    SupahNoodle

This just upsets me cause this was my day off from work and i was so happy that id have the entire day to play maple during the new update and all i got was a few hours of lag filled failure. Thanks a lot nexon. I know yall are working hard but so am i. And tomorrow i go back to working hard and i wont have time to enjoy the update. And how do you make for it? By giving us 30 coins and a little extra exp that we cant use cause your down anyway? If you value your customers then your level of compensation needs to be equal to the level of dedication your players have given you, cause this is rediculous.
    exactly the same here
    Tryptik101
  • FuzziesFuzzies
    Reactions: 350
    edited December 2016
    damm i havent been able to log in the game since the first patch feelsbadman
  • RithiaRithia
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2016
    Also, a reminder... Nexon NA may have some coders, but that doesn't mean they can fix things easily. Sometimes they need to wait for Korea/Japan for their fixes.
    ike412Nikinah
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

PlasticHolly

except this time, it was a hardware issue, because they didn't have the capacity to handle the extra player load, this is foresight at its finest. Hype an event for months then not expect anyone to come?
    Once the last maintenance ended, everyone practically dropped everything and started trying to connect immediately following all the maintenance that was finished. Even websites will go down if too many people are trying to access them all at once. They have the hardware to support the players, just not everyone coming in all at once. This always happens for popular games

we both know this isnt the case, or they wouldnt be "beefing it up now" they weren't expecting this type of turn out or weren't prepared for it and the merge, which isan obvious and glaring oversight
    Tryptik101
  • RedBeanRedBean
    Reactions: 205
    edited December 2016
    MechJesus
    MechJesus said:

PlasticHolly

gameplayer70

Stellar
    Stellar said:

Nexon America needs staff changes pronto. There are people at Nexon that either can't do their job properly or have little to no knowledge of what they're doing. I'm not saying I'm any better, and they're probably a whole heck of a lot better than I will ever be at something like that but at least hire some professionals who know what they're doing. Especially with a big name like "Nexon", you shouldn't be screwing up this often with every patch/maintenance. Take a look at Nexon Korea... Rarely, if not ever, do they ever have extended maintenance that goes on for this long. Nexon's quality of service is what killed the player base and we need a change to make Nexon a big name for gaming like it is in Korea instead of the laughing stock it is now. Should be ashamed of yourself staff at Nexon of America for letting this go on for so long.
    They are experts at their job. It isn't the staff's fault. Code breaks from time to time are regular for programmers and it's ghastly having to go through the code again and find specifically what things are broken. And the player base is not being killed by Nexon, it is killing itself for constantly blaming them for problems
    man bull crap !! i 1000% agree with Stellar i totallu understand that code can break etc but a true team of professional will handle it quick and it wont happen THAT OFTEN !! they will take the time to test the updates each time like it should be to reduce any probleme etc
    You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about. If you actually know anything about server management, you would know it isn't as simple as pressing a button to fix everything.

A similar issue happened to Overwatch on launch day, so many people tried to get on that most of us had to wait 20+ minutes just to get in.

And to say this before anyone inevitably says "Oh but that was only 20 minutes" Nexon America isn't nearly as large as Blizzard, and I'm guessing the active devs for Maplestory are even fewer in numbers.
    JinxProof
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2016
    I also do think they never upgraded their severs.

• alumpyrockalumpyrock
    Reactions: 1,135
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Fuzzies
    Fuzzies said:

damm i havent been able to log in the game since the first patch feelsbadman
    I know right same here :/
  • StellarStellar
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Stellar
    Stellar said:

Nexon America needs staff changes pronto. There are people at Nexon that either can't do their job properly or have little to no knowledge of what they're doing. I'm not saying I'm any better, and they're probably a whole heck of a lot better than I will ever be at something like that but at least hire some professionals who know what they're doing. Especially with a big name like "Nexon", you shouldn't be screwing up this often with every patch/maintenance. Take a look at Nexon Korea... Rarely, if not ever, do they ever have extended maintenance that goes on for this long. Nexon's quality of service is what killed the player base and we need a change to make Nexon a big name for gaming like it is in Korea instead of the laughing stock it is now. Should be ashamed of yourself staff at Nexon of America for letting this go on for so long.
    They are experts at their job. It isn't the staff's fault. Code breaks from time to time are regular for programmers and it's ghastly having to go through the code again and find specifically what things are broken. And the player base is not being killed by Nexon, it is killing itself for constantly blaming them for problems
    That's where you are wrong. It is the staffs fault. They've had plenty of time, if not weeks, to test the content before they were going to release it. They've had plenty of time to prepare proper servers for the mess of players that were going to come back for one of the biggest updates of MapleStory's career. I'll give you that code does break from time to time without reason and is definitely a mess when it comes to finding out the problem but remind you... they do this every single patch that comes out. Maybe one or two they've been good on but they shouldn't be screwing up every patch. Do you know why experts are called experts? They have significant knowledge of their field and know so much about it. There are time for mistakes and to learn from them but it seems like in this case they are not learning from their mistakes. Things are not being tested as thoroughly as they should be. Nexon needs to know that they're doing something wrong because if everyone keeps telling them it's "okay", this will just keep repeating over and over again because they know the player base will be cool with it. They lack the costumer service and communication they used to have.
  • OnyxadeOnyxade
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    So what levels did you guys get your burning characters to? I got to 106 without the 2x event. Night Lord!
    KensterMeme
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

Can you really call them experts? I'd suggest you call them amateurs. Players always saying "coding is hard," and "It's hard to see what's wrong." Honestly, I've mentioned countless times that it's their job to do so. This kind of extension has been occurred countless amount of times and it brought us to the point that we become impatient. There are way better coders out there in the world who can actually be considered as experts. You say game is dying because we blame them for problems, but it's in their end for failing to serve players. So yes, Nexon is the reason that players leave Maplestory. We blame them for problems since it relates to them being irresponsible for being unable to solve such tasks. There are solutions out there, but they don't care enough to look into it.
    I've mentioned to multiple people also that even the best programmers have issues finding all the bugs in coding, and MapleStory is a huge game. The documents that contain the coding itself also need to tell the game when to put in different effects, backdrops, character models, etc. And anyone saying that they don't have any problem with coding is full of crap, because it really takes a lot of effort sometimes just to make a simple application run
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    honestly, it's not rude or greedy of us to ask for compensation at this point.
    many people didn't even get to get into the game today because of school or work, PST players are shirked and thrown to the wolves right now and in general because of the server changes that have us not being able to daily events because it'll reset while we're doing things, and the 'compensation' you gave us for last nights insanity was null and voided because of the maintenance going on currently.
    a 4 day extension and some coins really isn't enough, when you consider how much time we've all lost.
    we deserve a restored time to the NA server, a longer extension on timed events like Play V, burning event, and proper game compensation; not specifically NX items or maple points, but enough in game comp to make up for now countless hours of missed game time
    it's not fair that people are screaming at staff, but it's not fair that there doesn't even seem to be human relations coming in here and quelling all of our concerns, that are very well justified at this point
    ike412Tryptik101CuteToxicPotatoGMSDillonRockarchy
  • Riku593Riku593
    Reactions: 570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

So what levels did you guys get your burning characters to? I got to 106 without the 2x event. Night Lord!
    I somehow reached 103 (normal zak with 2x EXP for the win) BattleMageeeee
  • CuteToxicPotatoCuteToxicPotato
    Reactions: 340
    edited December 2016
    it's ok to hit above 10k at lv 60 with a demon slayer :o ?
  • DiupDiup
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Here at Brazil it is around 2:40 AM, i was up late just to play a bit, then i get to know that the scheduled to 3am (here), maintenace got UNscheduled. I am so sad and tired of this right now. I know it is hard to keep a big game like this 24/7 but, as a programmer i know it is getting not ok now...
    Tryptik101
  • MidgardsormrMidgardsormr
    Reactions: 680
    edited December 2016
    I just want to play Zero for the story then move to Battle Mage =(
  • KensterMemeKensterMeme
    Reactions: 350
    edited December 2016
    MechJesus
    MechJesus said:

KensterMeme

Just give them some time. There's hardly any games that finish their maints at the exact time it's announced.
    thats false ! and if they do they really compensate the players the right way !!
    Name 10 games that finish their maints right on the dot of their alotted time. No second or minutes delay. On. The. Dot.

As for the compensation, most give some time of latent currency, 2x, appraisal items, bonuses etc.

My point being, I've yet to see a game finish right on schedule. There's always a delay to restart server and implement everything. Anywho, might as well take a nap or watch some anime or something. This weeb isn't bothered by any of this. 10 years of knowing what the heck to expect. Lul.
  • ehiforgotehiforgot
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    What a shocker. RIP estimated times. Keep up the hard work though.