[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Extreme lag - no solution

iBeALuminousiBeALuminous
Reactions: 710
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
Ive reinstalled the game twice and repaired the game already, but when I load into a character I can play fine for 3 seconds but the game will freeze and not unfreeze for a few minutes, but only for a few seconds and will continue to freeze over and over. The game is unplayable, any help?

Edit: My brother is playing right next to me with no problems at all. We are on the same network, so it has to be something with my computer, but I've updated everything. I'm on Windows 8.1.
fallonstalons

Comments

• fallonstalonsfallonstalons
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2016
    You are not alone the game is unplayable at the moment.
  • n1ma132n1ma132
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    same, game is allways lagging and crashing
    fallonstalons
  • WaifuHimeWaifuHime
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited December 2016
    Yep, got the same experience on my end too.
    fallonstalons
  • ninjaspark90909ninjaspark90909
    Reactions: 810
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The worst part about the lag is that the monsters are still capable of attacking your character while your helplessly watching your character die a swift and painful death. I think they should find a way to solve the lag but also to counter this issue since it is a heavily unfair advantage that monsters have and shouldn't in the first place.
    fallonstalons
  • ninjaspark90909ninjaspark90909
    Reactions: 810
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Else just a lag fix would be nice. I really think that lag is the most destructive problem maplestory has since the lag completely stops every single part of the game (making the entire game nothing more than a screensaver).
    #WarAgainstLag
  • andyto2andyto2
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    REBOOT IS TRASH FIX THE LAG
  • NipaNipa
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Reboot is lagging due to server's unability to handle so many players at once. Well seems to be that this time of day its gonna be unplayable for most of the time
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    Reactions: 565
    edited December 2016
    i am experiencing this too, the mobs will stay still for like 10 seconds and move and again, then after another 10 seconds they freeze.