[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

still massive lag after two very long down times

RagonDiconRagonDicon
Reactions: 340
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
i dont want to sound ungrateful for the work but yesterdays massive down time (that ate up a chunk of the "compensation" xp event) was for fixing the lag right? yet it seems like nothings changed, actually gotten worse TBH. before yesterdays patch i didnt lag much at all, the occasional hang but that was fine. now the whole game just stands still for upwards of 5 seconds at a time, like the connection has dropped.

so what was yesterdays patch for?
Kylehell007PortergvnalmanzaLiyern

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Same.
    I didn't lag at all in Kradia before the "lag fixing maintenance".
    Now it's intolerable. And according to the channel select screen, all channels in Kradia are at minimal load. So why is the lag so horrible?
    RagonDiconKylehell007LilyflowerIts2Sharp4Uemperor52LiyernPorter
  • RagonDiconRagonDicon
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Same.
    Now it's intolerable. And according to the channel select screen, all channels in Kradia are at minimal load. So why is the lag so horrible?
    same over here in windia. having to wait up to 30 seconds just to talk to an npc
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    I'm missing 2x cause I cannot play without being kicked off by "gm police" LOL. I mean making sure your servers are still PLAYABLE is one thing be re-optimizing them for more player stability/compatibility is what it truly needs. the instant 2x started everyone on my BL was crashing including me.
  • ErinliciousErinlicious
    Reactions: 530
    edited December 2016
    I also wasn't lagging before the maintenance, now I can't even get to my shop. I have dc'd 5 times in the last 15 mins and all of my 3x compensation was wasted during dc.
  • RagonDiconRagonDicon
    edited December 2016
    i started the fairy academy quest 2 hours ago, and im just now finishing the first note hunt part because of all the hangs. this is unplayable and they will undoubtedly bring the servers down for more maintenance that will take upwards of several hour.. this is bs
  • LiyernLiyern
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    Same here, missing all the x2 exp/drop rates because of this. Can't log in for 2 minutes without DCing or crashing. Reboot server is overpopulated as heck right now.
  • emperor52emperor52
    Reactions: 1,940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Same.
    Exactly what happened to me in Windia, I can't even level cause everything freezes every few seconds. Whatever they did last night made things worse...

• RagonDiconRagonDicon
    edited December 2016
    emperor52
    emperor52 said:

Exactly what happened to me in Windia, I can't even level cause everything freezes every few seconds. Whatever they did last night made things worse...
    yep, 20+ hours of maintinence and they just made everything worse.. and now i have to leave for work after spending 3 hours trying to play through content that should have taken me 30 minutes... i bet when i get home the game is down for another 8+ hours and they still dont extend the 2x events.
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited December 2016
    I thought the same thing ! i didn't lag at all before the patch!!!! and now after "beefing up the servers ( YEAH RIGHT)" everything is lagging so hard!! URGHH!!!!
  • RiosRios
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    I doubt theyll turn off their servers for the weekend despite the fact theres people dcing every 3 steps. When i was online (scania) people were purchasing boxes and marveling like crazy. So in their eyes it aint THAT bad. Server checks will probably come early next week.
  • GoomuGoomu
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    I, too, am forced to once again give up trying to train. Can't go more than a few min before the GM police kick me. I can hop down, take a lap around the map attacking, go back to where i started... then stand there and watch everything die like its on a 20 second delay. Haven't really been able to take advantage of any of this 2x. So frustrating... ungh...