[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to get on Maple, Game crashes

MaverickRedMaverickRed
Reactions: 800
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
So I went through the motions downloading the updates (I haven't been on since Blaster was introduced though I did come on occasionally before stopping) and once everything was updated tried logging in through the Nexon Launcher, got to the region selection (I'm in North America btw), got to the world selection (I'm in WIndia) but when I got to the character selection screen Maple crashes. Restarted the client twice and it crashed, tried the troubleshoot guide using MSConfig and it still crashes. Now I then tried the Game Launcher (the old school way of getting on) and I got the little pop-up saying that the game is down for maintenance (switch I do not see any word about that yet), my IP is banned (which is crazy because I haven't played in a while to do anything to get banned for), or my connection is unstable. If my connection was unstable I wouldn't be able to be online in the first place but I'll test it anyway but I wanted to post here in case there is something going on (like an unscheduled maintenance) or a solution is found.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    There is, at this time, no maintenance ongoing. However, we were having repeated extended maintenance prior. Is this issue still happening as of right now (12/2/2016 10:07 AM PST)?
  • GrannyCanGrannyCan
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Same problem, still there. Game crashes after channel selection
  • n1ma132n1ma132
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    please restart the servers. Its not playable with theese lags :-S
  • MaverickRedMaverickRed
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

There is, at this time, no maintenance ongoing. However, we were having repeated extended maintenance prior. Is this issue still happening as of right now (12/2/2016 10:07 AM PST)?
    I tried a few more times earlier and managed to get in finally but after about an hour of playing I got lagged out before my game crashed.