[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Does anyone like the new UI?

TalesGirlTalesGirl
Reactions: 400
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
I saw the new UI for the game, and I was wondering if anyone else liked it. Because I frankly don't like it. I found it a tad frustrating to find things on it for some reason. Plus I still can't find the log out button. I'd like an option to switch back and forth from the old UI and the New UI.
  1. Do you like the new UI and want to keep it?37 votes
    1. Yes, let's keep it!
       57% (21 votes)
    2. No, I want an option to get the old UI back.
       24% (9 votes)
    3. I don't really care.
       19% (7 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    The log out button has been renamed "change character" and is under the gear icon, if I'm not mistaken.
  • TalesGirlTalesGirl
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

The log out button has been renamed "change character" and is under the gear icon, if I'm not mistaken.
    Ah! I see! Or at least I would see if Maplestory would cooperate with me and let me play. I'll keep that in mind though when I finally get it working again.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

What a stupid decision.

Anyway OT I don't like it that much, but mostly because its new and stuff looks different. I'm sure in a few weeks we will prefer this new UI to the old one
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I don't like it mostly because I prefer to see words rather than icons. I couldn't tell which icon was for "menu" and which was for "settings" but maybe later I'll get used to it.

I'm still not a fan of seeing my character's exp bar stretch all the way across my screen though. It should be made the same size as the hp and mp bars.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

What a stupid decision.

Anyway OT I don't like it that much, but mostly because its new and stuff looks different. I'm sure in a few weeks we will prefer this new UI to the old one
    Yet again gamechanger strikes with not liking a change to the game. What are you?

Kylehell007
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited December 2016
    I don't play the game anymore, but the new UI from what I saw of it is, in my opinion, terrible. Doesn't fit with the game at all. Looks like it should be in an entirely different game. I still prefer the UI we got before the previous one, that will always be the best one in my opinion.
  • FluffyMooFluffyMoo
    Reactions: 765
    edited December 2016
    I couldn't find my level on the screen for a good minute haha. Also the missing logout button reminded me of SAO LOL
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

gamechanger

What a stupid decision.

Yet again gamechanger strikes with not liking a change to the game. What are you?
    A person with their own opinions and likes/dislikes who is in no way obligated to feel similarly to you about things? Y'know, a person. Specifically, one who is physically not you.

Shocking, innit?

Anyway, I rather enjoy the new UI. Specifically the fact that you can shrink the chat box to about 60% or so of its former unchangeable size. Makes a handy gap to put annoying class-based screen clutter in to get it out of the way.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited December 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

gamechanger

What a stupid decision.

Might I redirect you to this part of my comment
    gamechanger

What a stupid decision.

I don't have to like every change to the game. Some things are good in this game, some changes are bad. I used to campaign near endlessly for changes to this game to be made, but after years of silence and neglect on the part of Nexon it took its toll on my ability to care about this game. I don't know why you keep going after me here on the forums over that. Its kinda weird. I also thinks you are being unfair in that you explicitly comment in threads where I dislike something, and never seem to notice when I am in full support of proposed changes to the game.
  • WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited December 2016
    To be honest, the new UI is kinda ugly but I still prefer it over the old one because it's just so much more convenient. It's more compressed so you can see more of the map, though that can reveal some parts of the map that look kind of glitchy. The Krexel map, for example, is cut off at the bottom, which was hidden by the old UI, and it's a problem with countless maps that were designed with the old UI in mind. The best thing about the new UI is being able to see more quickslots, even when you're not on the highest resolution and being able to edit quickslot placement. It's a godsend. The only thing that really bugs me is the HP/MP window which is a little too small and doesn't do a good job of drawing my attention to it. I can't even tell you how many times I've almost died because of this new HP bar. The settings are also kind of a pain now because I have to switch between three tabs to change some options that I frequently change. That's more of a minor annoyance than a problem though.
  • marcienmarcien
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited December 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I'm still not a fan of seeing my character's exp bar stretch all the way across my screen though. It should be made the same size as the hp and mp bars.
    same. not used to seeing my hp and mp in the middle, and a little too unnoticeable amidst the rest of the UI. bottom left is easier to orient to
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited December 2016
    marcien
    marcien said:

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

same. not used to seeing my hp and mp in the middle, and a little too unnoticeable amidst the rest of the UI. bottom left is easier to orient to
    This is also my biggest problem with the new UI. It takes more effort now to notice your HP, and I found myself dying on a new toon yesterday because I didn't notice my health was low, twice. That hasn't happened to me in years.
  • GreenSoap1GreenSoap1
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited December 2016
    I would have liked a little bit more customizability, like being able to move the chat bar and status around freely. Other than that, I really think it's a step up from the previous UI - a lot more sleek and easy on the eyes. I might even like it more than the Pre BB UI actually.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I guess you guys can't take a joke. My comment was just a joke, you don't have to take it so hard. I understand why some people don't like certain parts of the UI, I personally like it, but whatever you want guys.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    they need to move the hp mp bar its so hard to concentrate on bosses and stuff with it in the middle
    and whats up with the gianormus exp bar at the bottom
    like it wasn't slow enough to level up now u rub it in and make it HUGE
    also we need a CHANGE CHANNEL/ROOM option in the gear WHlLE IN FM ROOMs like the old ui