[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[PSA] Game appears to be stable atm

StayGoldStayGold
Reactions: 1,670
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Title says it all. I'm not lagging as much anymore.

It seems that the servers needed a long time in order to run smoothly again.

Thank you for your hard work, NexonNA employees!! :)

Comments

• do0mdud3do0mdud3
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    yeah bq 2xexp over :s
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    I've had this happen twice during the 2x period where the lag seemed to clear up.. Only took like 10 minutes before it became unbearable again though.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited December 2016
    do0mdud3
    do0mdud3 said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

I've had this happen twice during the 2x period where the lag seemed to clear up.. Only took like 10 minutes before it became unbearable again though.
    However, Reboot's channels actually filled up even more than what they were before 2x ended. Just pointing that out.

Was it laggy as well before 2x? (before 10:00AM PST?)

A little bit.

But, what caused the lag is a lot more complex than you think..
    DreamWeaver
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    "Thank you for your hard work, NexonNA employees!! :)"
    lol
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited December 2016
    It wasn't laggy for me. But you know as they say, only those with problems cry.
    DreamWeaver
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

do0mdud3
    do0mdud3 said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

However, Reboot's channels actually filled up even more than what they were before 2x ended. Just pointing that out.

Was it laggy as well before 2x? (before 10:00AM PST?)

A little bit.

But, what caused the lag is a lot more complex than you think..
    So what did cause the lag and what's so complex about it?
  • ValryiaValryia
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

How many of us actually know how to handle an server? And how many of that know how Maplestory is build internally?
    DreamWeaver
  • SniperBear13SniperBear13
    Reactions: 660
    edited December 2016
    one cause of the lag was the large number of players playing at one time. the servers can only do so much at one time.

one way to fix that is to have more servers to help deal with the larger amount of work, but that cost a lot of money, and would take more then a day to set up, plus you need a room that can keep it cool because the amount of heat a large server produces would fry all the internal parts without proper ventilation, thus destroying it.

there may be some other possible reasons, but that's one of the big reasons.
    DreamWeaver
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Wolfcry13 said:

one cause of the lag was the large number of players playing at one time. the servers can only do so much at one time.

one way to fix that is to have more servers to help deal with the larger amount of work, but that cost a lot of money, and would take more then a day to set up, plus you need a room that can keep it cool because the amount of heat a large server produces would fry all the internal parts without proper ventilation, thus destroying it.

Thanks for this. Personally, I'm loving all the new content, and wasn't surprised at all about the lag. And really, I've seen it worse in the past. Also, proper PC maintenance on our end helps, too.

Just sayin'. ;)
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited December 2016
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

forumsareannoying

How many of us actually know how to handle an server? And how many of that know how Maplestory is build internally?
    The answer to your questions is what this guy said.
    Wolfcry13 said:

Please consider reactivating the neurons that were stopped because of the brain damage you suffered when crying over maintenance, @forumsareannoying.
    As for you @Valryia, you're just plain ignorant, and uneducated about the common knowledge of computers. I'm surprised you even know how to access MapleStory on the one you used to respond to my thread. Good job!! lol.
  • ValryiaValryia
    edited December 2016
    Oh goody, bait.

EDIT: If i understand it right, you take my comments way to personally. The first was nothing more then a statement, and the second was a question for everyone to think about and has nothing to do with my proficency in computers.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

Oh goody, bait.

EDIT: If i understand it right, you take my comments way to personally. The first was nothing more then a statement, and the second was a question for everyone to think about and has nothing to do with my proficency in computers.
    Don't mind him, Valrya. This guy is bipolar or something. Seriously. First he was all about being patient, understanding, and a peacekeeper and how he's bashing us lmao. He must have given up on trying to be a Nexon volunteer

@StayGold it's fun being tough behind a computer isn't it? I promise you my neurons can't be activated by will. You would know if you were as smart as you try to be. All I did was ask you a question that I did not have the answer to. What server do you play in and what's your character ign? We could have some fun :)
    Valryia
  • ValryiaValryia
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Don't mind him, Valrya. This guy is bipolar or something. Seriously. First he was all about being patient, understanding, and a peacekeeper and how he's bashing us lmao. He must have given up on trying to be a Nexon volunteer

@StayGold it's fun being tough behind a computer isn't it? I promise you my neurons can't be activated by will. You would know if you were as smart as you try to be. All I did was ask you a question that I did not have the answer to. What server do you play in and what's your character ign? We could have some fun :)
    My guess is that he got a hard drink or something of the sort.