[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Windows 10 Compatibility

SilverFoxRSilverFoxR
Reactions: 300
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
Hello, there!

So, shortly after the Blaster class was brought into the game, I had to replace my laptop. I haven't had much of a chance to play Maple since then, but I've also been a bit hesitant to do so for a simple reason...

My girlfriend has a Windows 10 laptop as well (had one longer than I have) and every time she tries to play the game, things go wonky. Many times, the game just fails to get to the channel selection screen. If she even gets to log in, it tends not to let her play for too long. I have been in the same room with my older laptop before and my Windows 7 laptop could easily play, while hers just couldn't. I know that MapleStory and Windows 10 have had compatibility issues pretty much since the OS came out... but seeing as how Windows 10 has been out for quite a while now, I need to ask...

...have the compatibility problems with Windows 10 been addressed and fixed yet?

I would realy like to get back into Maple at some point (been playing the game since shortly after beta... way back when Scania and Bera were the only servers) and I've seen that on the system requirements for the game that Windows 10 is not mentioned as a compatible OS (though Windows XP to 8 are).

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• SilverFoxRSilverFoxR
    edited December 2016
    I'm sorry, but does anyobody have any information about the Windows 10 compatibility with MapleStory?
  • AkrozAkroz
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Welcome to the club, like you said "Window 10 has been out for a while now" you probably think they have fix the problem but seems to be they dont...all we can do is wait and hope one day they fix that problem :/
  • SilverFoxRSilverFoxR
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for replying... I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get a more official response about what's going on in regards to this issue. I guess I'll keep trying to play through some of the issues (whether they are compatibility-related or just bugs).
  • OmbrenoirOmbrenoir
    Reactions: 240
    edited December 2016
    Well as someone who uses windows 10 and been using it since the very first beta day, i have no issue at all playing maplestory other then the resolution lock to 1366 x 768 lol, you might want to try to reinstall the graphic card drivers on your girlfriend pc. or try to reinstall maplestory, it might have bugged while installing, i know maybe not but worth a try
  • GoldWalkerrrGoldWalkerrr
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    ombrenoir Ive tried everything and i have windows 10 and it still doesnt work.... I think thats why i cant play but any help with this would be appreciated