[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot, during 2x EXP times

BleethBleeth
Reactions: 300
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've been noticing with my phantom (which i train around 9 hours a day) that when 2x EXP comes around i can barely do a thing, so i was wondering.. could nexon please not apply 2x exp to reboot? Or close the channels for joining 15 minutes before it starts? I can not train my phantom AT ALL! This is all because there's people that only play during 2x EXP, if i had a choice to make, i'd just close all channels 15 minutes before it started or get better servers!

~ An angry, but understanding mapler.

Comments

• BLVDMANBLVDMAN
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    So if I understand this correctly..... You want to punish players who may only be able to play on weekends aka Saturday and Sundays which is when 2x happens, just because you can't play your character? Like you said, you train 9 hours a day, meaning you probably don't have very big responsibilities like having a job, university/college, children etc. Maybe you can afford to not have 2x exp on reboot, but for me who only gets to play on weekends 2x is the only reason I even enjoy maplestory.

Just please be considerate the next time you post.

~ An annoyed mapler who just read a very self centered post.
    JaridavinXCaedisX
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Reactions: 435
    edited December 2016
    I've been noticing when I play reboot (Whenever I bother to play at all) that when any x EXP comes around I can barely do a thing, so I was wondering... could nexon please upgrade their servers on reboot, or at least pre-plan for events/merges? I've been unable to chain/loot AT ALL! This is all because the servers can't handle events/merge, and if I had a choice, I'd make another reboot server or upgrade the current one, to try and keep things stable.

~ A Mapler who doesn't punish innocent players.

P.S. OP's own logic means once he logs off he'd be locked out for the weekend.
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Some channels are lag-free for some reason. Someone in my alliance said channel 15 is relatively stable (it seems to be), but trying to get a decent map on one channel is pretty rough, Pink Bean was crowded..
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    edited December 2016
    Cybunny
    Cybunny said:

Some channels are lag-free for some reason. Someone in my alliance said channel 15 is relatively stable (it seems to be), but trying to get a decent map on one channel is pretty rough, Pink Bean was crowded..
    Best people can do honestly is share/party up. Time spent arguing is time XP is missed.
  • BleethBleeth
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    BLVDMAN
    BLVDMAN said:

So if I understand this correctly..... You want to punish players who may only be able to play on weekends aka Saturday and Sundays which is when 2x happens, just because you can't play your character? Like you said, you train 9 hours a day, meaning you probably don't have very big responsibilities like having a job, university/college, children etc. Maybe you can afford to not have 2x exp on reboot, but for me who only gets to play on weekends 2x is the only reason I even enjoy maplestory.

Is it self centered if you want to be able to play reboot which you work hard on? Also, i have college and a job, i'm just good at planning things.
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    edited December 2016
    Bleeth
    Bleeth said:

BLVDMAN
    BLVDMAN said:

Is it self centered if you want to be able to play reboot which you work hard on? Also, i have college and a job, i'm just good at planning things.
    It's self centered to lock the playerbase out because you want to. How is their hard work any different then yours? I got a character already to 133 WITH this lagfest going on, while also working on logo designs for work and for college. So yes. You are self centered.
  • EddieFoxFoxEddieFoxFox
    Reactions: 940
    edited December 2016
    Yall are going about it the wrong way all they really need to do is pool more resources to the Reboot server. If you look on any other server there's hardly anyone Scania included. Reboot though FULL All the way. Take these unused resources from other servers and either make a 2nd reboot server or just use them to ease the load. Not really that hard to do either.
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    A better solution would be to shut down the reboot server.
    It contributes nothing to the game and causes issues for the rest of the playerbase.
    EddieFoxFox

Yall are going about it the wrong way all they really need to do is pool more resources to the Reboot server. If you look on any other server there's hardly anyone Scania included. Reboot though FULL All the way. Take these unused resources from other servers and either make a 2nd reboot server or just use them to ease the load. Not really that hard to do either.
    Why should we in other servers suffer because of the lazy players and bots in Reboot? Why should we lose resources for YOUR sake?
  • BleethBleeth
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    LittleTLK said:

It contributes nothing to the game and causes issues for the rest of the playerbase.
    EddieFoxFox

Why should we in other servers suffer because of the lazy players and bots in Reboot? Why should we lose resources for YOUR sake?
    Reboot is keeping Maple Story alive, i'm not sure if you noticed, but maplestory would've died a while ago without reboot.
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    edited December 2016
    LittleTLK said:

EddieFoxFox

Your solution is literally telling a large amount of the playerbase they don't care. Reboot's popular for removing the P2W feeling, at least as much as it can. Why do you think people went to reboot? Deleting the server will not have people go back to the other ones. In fact, most will just outright leave the game completely, since it'd be like nexon saying, "Your money over your fun."

Also, reboot is for the lazy? It's almost like people are doing things there.
    Bleeth