[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Delete Burning character and can't reburn a new 1!

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
so i deleted my burning char and the game will not let me burn a new character on re creation holy h! fix this now time is wasting

Comments

• SeippoSeippo
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I first created a Luminous to try it out ,I made it a burning character,since i did not enjoy it ,I decided to delete it.The next morning I decided to make an Angelic Buster,but every time i press on "YES" to make her burning,it says "Request Failed" I attempted to restart Maplestory and re-create the character,but it seems to have done no change.
    UPDATE: I've tried uninstalling and re-downloading the game,no change.
    UPDATE 2:The GM's have responded to my ticket~
    src=http://imgur.com/a/A4k3w
    zarnith6556

I am also having this problem. Though, I can make a burning character on another world. I can't make one on Mardia, the world where I deleted my first burning character. So, unless there is another "world transfer event", I can't have a burning character on Mardia.
    Here's a way to create a burning character, thank you for the information Zarnith!
    I'll continue to play around with the client and try to find a way to repair the error?I'm not a programmer or anything,but if I find anything I'll make sure to update the post more.
    I also decided to send them a Support Ticket in hopes of getting this bug more noticed.
  • DualonicalDualonical
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    I'm having the same issue! I want to participate in the event and I can't!
  • VorsakenVorsaken
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    I can't believe they're making us wait 24 hours to delete our burning character before we can make a new one on the same server. -_-
  • AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2016
    It was like that too on EMS I think (Only spend one day there). It's to prevent people from abusing it. Not sure if they gave a warning about it, but knowing how they roll, I thought it was pretty obvious they'd put a timecap on it.
  • LeoCaoLeoCao
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    I have the exact same problem. Is there a solution for this yet?
  • SupahNoodleSupahNoodle
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    Same problem
  • DualonicalDualonical
    edited December 2016
    Same problem, very frustrating.
  • zarnith6556zarnith6556
    edited December 2016
    I am also having this problem. Though, I can make a burning character on another world. I can't make one on Mardia, the world where I deleted my first burning character. So, unless there is another "world transfer event", I can't have a burning character on Mardia.
    Seippo
  • KoiKoi
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2016
    I am also having this problem. Wish it would be fixed! It does say that if we deleted it we would be able to create a new character and give the burning effect to it. :(
    Has anyone found a resolution for this yet?
  • BruceYipBruceYip
    Reactions: 305
    edited December 2016
    Last night, I created a resistant class and made it as a burning character. Bur later, I deleted it, I created a shade and wanted to burn it. It said "request failed" . can GM fix it?
  • CeeDeertyCeeDeerty
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2016
    I created a character that I wanted to burn. There were two issues.
    One, the character that I wanted to burn didn't actually receive any burn. Meaning that I didn't get a frozen set, no +2 levels after every level. Nothing.
    Second, whenever I make a character that I want to burn, I get the "request failed" message as well. I don't want to delete the evan that I wanted to burn, I've already spent a good amount into leveling it up and stuff, and it's level 121 after yesterday's double xp event. Can I get some assistance?
  • DualonicalDualonical
    edited December 2016
    NEXON FIX THIS PLEASE
  • LucienDarcLucienDarc
    edited December 2016
    I'm glad i'm not alone, i submitted a ticket on this issue and i got a reply
    "Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I understand that you are unable to burn a character after it has been created. Thank you for the screenshot that you have provided. For this matter, our game team is already aware of this issue and is working on a solution to the issue. Please understand that the process for determining a solution can take some time. However, I assure you that it will be looked into, so please be patient.

This ticket will be in the pending status for 5 days and then will switch to solved for another 5 days before closing. At any time before it closes, feel free to check in with us if your issue hasn’t been resolved. We will get back to you with a follow up to this ticket once a solution is found."

So there's nothing we can do, hopefully we'll get some compensation or something.
  • Cyph3rDCyph3rD
    edited December 2016
    Same thing is happening to me, i sent them a ticket as well but did not receive the same response, maybe i sent it to the wrong place, i got their standard we are looking into this issue response, maybe i should have provided a screenshot
  • LucienDarcLucienDarc
    edited December 2016
    I wonder why they can't just make the character for us. I have an empty Character slot idle because i can't make a burn character and i'm missing out on the event
  • SeippoSeippo
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I also made a post about this! http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/22386#Comment_22386
    In the post i posted a screenshot of the GM's response of my support ticket.For now you cannot create a character in the servers that you deleted it in,but you can make it in any other.I believe(Or I hope)that the Maplestory staff will be repairing it soon lol.
  • DowntownDowntown
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    When I created a burn character, the burn effect took place, but i didnt receive the ‘[Take V] 1-2 Level Up! Mega Burning Project’ quest from the star event notifier on the left side of the screen.
  • zhaoqinchriszhaoqinchris
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    same issue
  • KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2016
    Now getting this as well, work on my mule account, but main nope.
  • KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2016
    Now getting this as well, work on my mule account, but main nope.