[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Mega Burning Event

AvelAvel
Reactions: 400
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
Point of this post: I don't like the lag and I wish this event would happen again, if not extended, given the current laughable state of the game.

I love the burning event. Getting free levels to get a character to 4th job fast lets me see the potential of a class accelerated and I adore it. Though leveling up to the point of 140 is not difficult per se, it's a grindy game and it cuts the time severely. So...When it comes to convincing my friend to play with me, it did a great job. And now we have plans beyond the burning event for more characters.

But due to the lag we're stuck at level 139, because it's not fun to play with latency affecting our abilities(And in bossfights, our ability to STAY ALIVE). At this point we won't be able to take advantage of the Breakthrough benefits due to the state of the game dissuading us from playing.

To Nexon if read: I'd like it if this event was done again(Though that implies even more burning characters, which...IS that a problem?) or at least extended(Well, this might not help the lag, but more time burning is nice, right?). I feel like I'll be missing out if I have to wait out this lag curve, only to come back without my characters at the potential required for the 5th job advancement, and have to suffer the grind other players did not have to.

In conclusion. I understand it's very likely the burning event's fault the servers are under major strain, but...I think it's mostly the servers fault. My hope is the company is aware and is trying to get their hands on better servers ASAP.

Comments

• MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
    ^ this
  • LucasGiacomettiLucasGiacometti
    Reactions: 570
    edited December 2016
    Agreed, the extension of the event is a sensible request.
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Reactions: 435
    edited December 2016
    Agreed here. Some people are able to bear it, but there are even points where it's literally impossible to do anything. And the choice of server doesn't matter, since they are all hit.

Hell, I don't even need it since I'm basically done the grind that it allows anyways. I'd still like to see it extended.
  • EnchiridionEnchiridion
    Reactions: 450
    edited December 2016
    The game has been essentially unplayable since they updated.
  • BaronLovatBaronLovat
    Reactions: 595
    edited December 2016
    It also doesn't help that some people can't even get the event to work properly for them. The burning works, but the event is broken and they're not getting the other benefits like items etc.
  • EnchiridionEnchiridion
    Reactions: 450
    edited December 2016
    Not to mention their "compensation" 3x coupons are disappearing when you sort your inventory
  • AvelAvel
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    Enchiridion

Not to mention their "compensation" 3x coupons are disappearing when you sort your inventory
    I also really dislike that some of the compensation stuff has a time limit. The entire point of the event is to get people to hype up and enjoy the new content, but what's the point if the game is borderline unplayable? Entire channels are crashing and rolling back as a result of this massive influx.

It's the conflict of both time exclusion and lag that pretty much forces people to play a less than optimal game. A time extension might loosen the grip on people who can't play at a better time and give the servers room to breathe.

Or, you can update your servers. It's been 4-5 days since I posted and no official fix(In the way of maintenance, patching, a official forum thread announcing an upgrade...). :(