[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"Nexon Star" and "Lucky Sale" events

CatoooloooCatooolooo
Reactions: 5,625
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Are these meant to be enabled in GMS? cause I tried to search for a "Nexon Play" app but it appears it doesn't exist in the googleplay store and the "Event> Lucky Sale" tabs do not exist in our version of the cash shop.

the only thing i can infer from this is that either they were enabled way too soon or it's an unintended implementation of these events.
ChimChim

Comments

• PixelSlavePixelSlave
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

Are these meant to be enabled in GMS? cause I tried to search for a "Nexon Play" app but it appears it doesn't exist in the googleplay store and the "Event> Lucky Sale" tabs do not exist in our version of the cash shop.

the only thing i can infer from this is that either they were enabled way too soon or it's an unintended implementation of these events.
    I'm wondering the exact same thing.. I've charged loads of NX into maple over the years, will those "points" be available aswell?? Or when did those "points" started to count? Bad info.. I'm dissapointed.. Really wanted to buy some of those items from the star shop, it's kinda why I charged now..

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2016
    PixelSlave

I'm wondering the exact same thing.. I've charged loads of NX into maple over the years, will those "points" be available aswell?? Or when did those "points" started to count? Bad info.. I'm dissapointed.. Really wanted to buy some of those items from the star shop, it's kinda why I charged now..

I would assume it would have started counting since the patch went live if this was an event intended to be implemented at this time, but since we dont even know if this was intended at all, it could have been some extra code from KMS's update that also got translated.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

I would assume it would have started counting since the patch went live if this was an event intended to be implemented at this time, but since we dont even know if this was intended at all, it could have been some extra code from KMS's update that also got translated.
    I dunno about that, Nexon America has a tendency to seemingly not translate some lines from korean for things that were intended to be in GMS.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

Catooolooo

I dunno about that, Nexon America has a tendency to seemingly not translate some lines from korean for things that were intended to be in GMS.
    I'm pretty sure they are translated but for whatever reason (a bug) they get set to korean, this has happened before with the combo skills for Aran or pollo and fritto messages, the PB entrance..etc where they would be in english the update before and for whatever reason (a bug) they get set to korean.

what they do have a tendency to do is translate and add data for things from KMS, that they do not plan on implementing in GMS, like Flames.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2016

Catooolooo

There a NPC in Lefre who speaks of Android and iPhone apps -

I have a feeling its linked to that.

well that was the thing I was talking about in my first post and the NPC says you get the reward from selecting it using an app called "Nexon Play" that doesn't exist
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2016

Catooolooo

Catooolooo

There a NPC in Lefre who speaks of Android and iPhone apps -

I have a feeling its linked to that.

well that was the thing I was talking about in my first post and the NPC says you get the reward from selecting it using an app called "Nexon Play" that doesn't exist
    I would most likely say that's its in the works, and that maybe that NPC slipped into the patch notes too early.

I believe most other regions have apps, so its not a surprise that we are getting one.
    the only apps that get localized for NA are the spinoff games, never have we received any app that has something to do with the live MMO on the pc.

we didn't receive the Maple Hands or Star Planet apps that were released in Korea (IIRC these apps were only released in korea too)

we didn't even get the DS or 3DS maplestory games localized in english (they were however released in korea and japan).

I'm not saying that it's not possible but it's not been a very good track record when it comes to things like this, especially the phone apps that interact with the live game.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2016

How do you know they don't have a good track record when they've never done it.
    It seems obvious to me that they want to bring back some population, and this could be part of that strategy!

We will have to wait and see!
    I'm saying they dont have a good track record of releasing the apps/ localizing them for NA/ GMS, as in they never have, but they do have a record of implementing code for things they didnt have planned to be released in GMS.

Maple Hands was released in KMS in 2014, it was released to help manage Monster Life, talk to friends in game, check events, and check the CS all through your phone without having to log in through PC.

Then some time later after Star Planet was released they released the Star Planet phone app that let people play games of yut and one card on their account through their phone so they can/ could gain Maple Mileage (Rewards points) when away from the computer. (this app is still working to get MM in KMS even with the removal of Star Planet)

them not releasing either of these is a bad record of them not releasing apps that interact with the MMO on PC.

there was also the Maplestory DS game that, if you played, gave you codes to unlock/ get free collectables and items which never got and official english localization.

All of the apps they have released for maplestory for GMS so far have only been spin-off titles.

the "Nexon Play" event could be the start of them adding things like that or it could just be some translated stuff that got activated without them intending to have it be in game (like the flame crafting materials)

sure they want more people in the game, but if they want that they should find ways to advertise the game, they did try with the V share rewards event but they need something better than word of mouth from the current playerbase.