[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot.. meh...

Gio1373Gio1373
Reactions: 1,405
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Anyone else feel like playing on Reboot but are completely turned off by the fact every map worth a penny is swarmed 24/7? It's really rather silly I think. We desperately need a Reboot 2 and maybe even 3. Even by just going off numbers we should have one considering it's so full it boots you off before you can even complete the timed daily reward boxes.
  1. Should we have more Reboot type servers?50 votes
    1. Yes.
       58% (29 votes)
    2. No.
       26% (13 votes)
    3. Doesn't bother me at all.
       16% (8 votes)

Comments

• AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2016
    I've been playing Reboot since it came out, and when it first came out, it was obviously busy as expected. But it slowly dwindled down to a very nice level. Not too crowded, but not too dead. Not really sure what happened to Reboot but good lord is it a nightmare.

Every map, literally no matter what map it is, has at LEAST one other person on it, and I honestly wish this was an exaggeration. Leveling up/questing is a nightmare because the constant struggle to even FIND a map, let alone people trying to KS 24/7. Even on beginner maps like Golems, it's all out warfare between the level 20's.

I enjoy doing the Yu garden quest's and up until now I have never had a problem, and even rarely seen another soul doing it. But now all of a sudden I have to fight multiple people on almost every map to get my quest's done...? It's absolutely nuts. I'm not sure where this HUGE influx of people is coming from. Either just for the V event hype, or coming from other worlds to Reboot. But something desperately needs to be fixed.

Let's not forget to mention on 2x everything is well... 2x worse! You're lucky if you can even get your character out of town with the lag spikes lol.
    AkihikoT_
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    I like Reboot in deed...
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    Personally I think there should be another reboot server.

I believe KMS has Reboot 2 due to massive amounts of players but don't quote me on that.

It's getting to the point where all of the channels in Reboot is getting full every single 2x during this event.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

I believe KMS has Reboot 2 due to massive amounts of players but don't quote me on that.

It's getting to the point where all of the channels in Reboot is getting full every single 2x during this event.
    agreed we need reboot 2 in gms ASAP.

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Yes, I repeat repeat, we need a reboot #2!
    We NEED a reboot #2 server!
    I'd even gladly start over with everything on the new serv again if that's what it took, and that's saying a LOT.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

I'd even gladly start over with everything on the new serv again if that's what it took, and that's saying a LOT.
    Dear god no.

A character transfer would be more preferable.
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

Booberpuppy

Dear god no.

That'd be counter productive. The point of the server is to work for what you get. You'd most likely have to start over again.
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    We need a Reboot 2 in GMS and also a Reboot in EMS.
    I'm sure it's really packed because quite a bit of EMS players are playing on GMS because they don't have a Reboot server.
    If EMS gets a Reboot, and we get Reboot 2 then the population might die down a bit to fix the lag as well.
    Abajour
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    My only problem is the lag. I like people in the maps (that are not botters) so I can party up and chat a bit, reminds me of the old maple.
    The game doesn't need reboot 2 it needs better servers and more channels.
    Reboot 2 won't do anything if they don't upgrade their hardware since even empty servers are lagging in 2x since the V update and their channels are far away from being full like in Reboot.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

Yes KMS has two Reboot servers.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited December 2016
    Temptation

My only problem is the lag. I like people in the maps (that are not botters) so I can party up and chat a bit, reminds me of the old maple.
    The game doesn't need reboot 2 it needs better servers and more channels.
    Reboot 2 won't do anything if they don't upgrade their hardware since even empty servers are lagging in 2x since the V update and their channels are far away from being full like in Reboot.
    Across the board, in-game and out, this is all I hear about right now. Today, I only feel compelled to (try to) log in and get my daily V hot week reward, aquiring 30 daily V coins (after about 5 minutes of lag from opening those 30 boxes), but I just don't know about doing anything beyond that. I'm getting quite sick of the 30+ second lag spikes and taking over a minute to apply my buffs, losing certain sudden missions because they run out of time, among other things. I haven't even been able to finish the 500 combo quest because the lag kills my progress every time. I think I got over 200 once and then, ya know.

It's apparent that the absurd lag is ruining the experience for everyone and I think everyone would really like to hear something from their team about what they plan to do about this. If it's like this or worse when the full V job releases, I'm not too certain I'll feel like playing, even for something that big of a deal.
  • NovasiriNovasiri
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited December 2016
    I think the reason reboot shot up into insane levels is because of the GMS/EMS merge. EMS players don't have Reboot servers, so they're coming over onto our side to get into them, thus creating heavy lag with their connections filtering in through ours. this bottlenecks the connection and slows down not just Reboot, but EVERYONE on the GMS side.
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Absolutely not. Shut down the existing Reboot server.
    They have created an unsustainable imbalance in population that's only going to cause more stability issues in the future.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited December 2016
    Gio1373
    Gio1373 said:

Chukki
    Chukki said:

Booberpuppy

Dear god no.

That'd be counter productive. The point of the server is to work for what you get. You'd most likely have to start over again.
    umm... I worked damned hard for what i have, as did i assume most other actual players. Moving them to a reboot 2 wouldnt change that. Think of it as moving houses. You dont leave everything behind and start over just because your current house is too small. You take everything with you when you move, because it is yours.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited December 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

Gio1373
    Gio1373 said:

Chukki
    Chukki said:

Booberpuppy

Dear god no.

umm... I worked damned hard for what i have, as did i assume most other actual players. Moving them to a reboot 2 wouldnt change that. Think of it as moving houses. You dont leave everything behind and start over just because your current house is too small. You take everything with you when you move, because it is yours.
    Heh, you guys crack me up...my original statement regarding this was actually meant as a hypothetical and measurable expression for how much I really desire the bottleneck problem to be fixed so we can enjoy the new content without the hassles of this nasty lag spell we've been under since V stuff launched.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2016
    we don't need more worlds. not yet.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited December 2016
    Why did GMS and EMS merge? It's really annoying imo. We were too crowded already. Also GMS isn't a NA server it's sadly a global server as the name implies. anyone who doesn't have a server dedicated to them can get on GMS.
  • BrianSenseiBrianSensei
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    You guys have to remember that MS is a seasonal game, when holidays end and the "V Smoke" dies out, the servers will be as empty as always. They dont want to invest in a tmporal solution and that is more than obvious. Also, imho a crowded server is better, you can always find someone to chat up and to play with, KSers will always be, i even KS to meet people lol is part of the game. Regaring lag spikes, well i agree part of the problem is that much people connecto to the game from a LOT of diferent places, I play from Venezuela myself, wich i must say has the worst internet in all Latin America, all those far away places are hard to connect for a localized server, sadly IP ban is the solution for that, but sacrifices the influx of players.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited December 2016
    BrianSensei

You guys have to remember that MS is a seasonal game, when holidays end and the "V Smoke" dies out, the servers will be as empty as always. They dont want to invest in a tmporal solution and that is more than obvious.
    You know, when you step back and look, I think this ^ makes the most sense as to why they are giving us the cold shoulder about the lag issues. At best, they'll have kthxbainao tell us something reassuring such as "we're are aware of the issue/plz be patient as we look in to it/thanks for your support" and by the time they "look in to it" the event will be gone and things will have returned to -=BORING=- status where the crowd leaves and they don't have to worry about it for another however many months between major events.
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited September 2017
    they wanted reboot 2 because it was overcrowded and it still is :o