[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to fix the Ghost Ship Exorcist badge

Comments

• iAmHariAmHar
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    TempWindia

Theres no fun in a game without risk, you could yolo your badge and boom it, you could starforce it to 15 star with pure luck. I dont understand why anyone would use a scroll that booms on the ghost ship badge not because it has a chance of booming but the scrolls that dont boom are 10x better. The only way you should be able to boom it is through starforce from 14 star to 15 star. Just leave it at 14 star and LOCK it. If you happen to drop it, then chance are youre an old returning player whos character is not of significance (not to be rude) and will have no problem just to start again. They did make one event previously where they reset the quest. But i believe that will be once in a lifetime. One badge, One character id like to keep it that way.
    lol, I personally boom'd mine with a 90% pot scroll- and now those don't even have a chance to boom anymore which is messed up. I get where you're coming from with the star enhancement argument but the fact that the badge is current best-in-slot item all because it's the only potable badge? lol. I read somewhere that even the Maple alliance emblem is re-obtainable if you somehow drop it.

Edit: Sure enough, someone mentioned it on this thread already, good. I've been talking about the whole GSE badge issue for many months now so I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again, just happened to stumble upon a forum talking about it again.

Proof #1: http://maplestory.nexon.net/community#/showthread.php?1542533-Suggestion-for-badge-Item&highlight=iamhar&nxid=6

Proof #2: http://maplestory.nexon.net/community#/showthread.php?1537366-Reset-Ghost-Badge-Quest&highlight=iamhar&nxid=6
  • TempWindiaTempWindia
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    iAmHar
    iAmHar said:

TempWindia

Theres no fun in a game without risk, you could yolo your badge and boom it, you could starforce it to 15 star with pure luck. I dont understand why anyone would use a scroll that booms on the ghost ship badge not because it has a chance of booming but the scrolls that dont boom are 10x better. The only way you should be able to boom it is through starforce from 14 star to 15 star. Just leave it at 14 star and LOCK it. If you happen to drop it, then chance are youre an old returning player whos character is not of significance (not to be rude) and will have no problem just to start again. They did make one event previously where they reset the quest. But i believe that will be once in a lifetime. One badge, One character id like to keep it that way.
    lol, I personally boom'd mine with a 90% pot scroll- and now those don't even have a chance to boom anymore which is messed up. I get where you're coming from with the star enhancement argument but the fact that the badge is current best-in-slot item all because it's the only potable badge? lol. I read somewhere that even the Maple alliance emblem is re-obtainable if you somehow drop it.

Edit: Sure enough, someone mentioned it on this thread already, good. I've been talking about the whole GSE badge issue for many months now so I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again, just happened to stumble upon a forum talking about it again.
    I get that and yes, I have boomed my badge on my ex main which was very funded in windia, top 5 in dojo, starforced it once day (prior to the no boom sf to 14 patch). Sure I was gutted, but now its a smega worthy item, a memorable item, and ill just start fresh on a new char for fun as I did. Sure it costs a lot but seriously Im lowkey kinda glad mine did boom otherwise I wouldnt have left kaiser and went drk because its so much better. I get where youre coming from but I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinions. this is just mine. To whoevers reading this rip to the famous fiashpoint badge lol.

• iAmHariAmHar
    edited December 2016
    TempWindia

iAmHar
    iAmHar said:

TempWindia

I get that and yes, I have boomed my badge on my ex main which was very funded in windia, top 5 in dojo, starforced it once day (prior to the no boom sf to 14 patch). Sure I was gutted, but now its a smega worthy item, a memorable item, and ill just start fresh on a new char for fun as I did. Sure it costs a lot but seriously Im lowkey kinda glad mine did boom otherwise I wouldnt have left kaiser and went drk because its so much better. I get where youre coming from but I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinions. this is just mine. To whoevers reading this rip to the famous fiashpoint badge lol.

Respect, I personally see making a completely new character for just one item as a waste of time if you're someone like me, who spends more time questing, crafting, obtaining event-exclusive stuff etc. rather than just worrying about the grinding aspect, you know?
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited December 2016
    bump add this !!!!!
  • NonxenNonxen
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    Oh yes please, make it regainable like Wings of Fate.
  • iAmHariAmHar
    edited December 2016
    And we're back to square one with CM KThxBaiNao gone. Something tells me this suggestion/fix will never be implemented at this rate.

RIP
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    Geez, you know what they should do? just like the cape in Mushroom Shrine tales that you can get again if you don't have it in you invetory( you exploded or dropped it off) you should get the badge back or at least a quest to kill latancia again, in Mushroom Shrine tales, the npc doesn't even seens to have a limit of how many you get again....
    I even dropped it off to see if i would get back and i did, and it seens i can get again.
  • RavAuricRavAuric
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    TempWindia

There are clean slates that boom. Some of us have accidentally boomed badges that way. Some of us have been hacks and items dropped. There are numerous other ways. This is a worthwhile topic and issue to discuss, mr."temp".
    iAmHar
  • KariArisuKariArisu
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    The real solution is to let better, re-obtainable badges have potential. Makes no sense that there's only one in the entire game that can have potentials added, and for it to be a subpar badge itself.
  • iAmHariAmHar
    edited December 2016
    KariArisu
    KariArisu said:

The real solution is to let better, re-obtainable badges have potential. Makes no sense that there's only one in the entire game that can have potentials added, and for it to be a subpar badge itself.
    Agreed
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    guys its called the Ghost Ship Exorcist
    the thing is earned for exorcising the ship
    making it tradeable even between account defeats the point/ reward of that item
    making the quest repeatable ONLY if u DON'T have the badge is the only way this should be changed
    and there should be a limit to how many times you can redo it for a set amount of time
  • NekudanNekudan
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2016
    I 100% Agree in making this repeatable.

Im a player from Luna. The recent migrated server.
    During our migration / Updated content we had the Ghost Ship Exorcist badge added to our version of the game (EMS) and along with this was a Compensation shop that used Unity Coins to purchase things.
    In that shop was your main scrolls like Chaos, Miraculous Chaos, Protection, Lucky day scrolls and more.
    I placed a Protection scroll on my badge, and used a Miraculous Chaos scroll and the badge still boomed.
    After ticketing Nexon EMS i was told it wasnt possible to get this badge again, but would take into concideration the methods of obtaining this badge.

As you see, even though I used a protection scroll I had still lost my badge, Nexon did nothong.
    No longer able to get it, 5th job released and such a priority end game equip that cannot be claimed.

I vote, lets have this made repeatable.
    _Cas_
  • RadiantMojoRadiantMojo
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    Please make it repeatable. I have waited for 2 years for a second chance obtaining ghost ship badge or equivalent potential badge event.
  • RadiantMojoRadiantMojo
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    Solution to replace Ghost Ship Badge with Sengoku Hakase Badge with potential and 15 stars item.The event ends on February 28, 2017! Get it before it is gone.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    edited February 2017
    Solution to replace Ghost Ship Badge with Sengoku Hakase Badge with potential and 15 stars item.The event ends on February 28, 2017! Get it before it is gone.
    Now nobody will look for Ghost ship badge again with a badge like this, why make a quest to re-obtain if you can make a new one to everyone use cubes on it? At least we can get without nx...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    Now nobody will look for Ghost ship badge again with a badge like this, why make a quest to re-obtain if you can make a new one to everyone use cubes on it? At least we can get without nx...

Not exactly true. Events come around once in awhile so there's limited access to the Sengoku Hakase Badge. Having the Ghost Ship Exorcist as a stepping stone is still pretty good on it's own considering it's still a Level 150 scrollable/potential badge. At most what the new badge has done is essentially killed the suggestion which I agree with you on, but not the viability of the Ghost Ship Exorcist.

The Ghost Ship Exorcist can be a temporary Epic-Badge while they work on their gears until the Sengoku High Event where they can obtain a Sengoku Hakase Badge. This is certain because free & Reboot players will not be able to get it within 2 weeks alone without using drop boosters.

Considering the math 76 x (13 + 5 Entry Pass Reward Points) = 1,368. Earning less than 77 coins per day in a 13 day period will result in not obtaining a 1,000 Oda Coin item.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    edited February 2017

Not exactly true. Events come around once in awhile so there's limited access to the Sengoku Hakase Badge. Having the Ghost Ship Exorcist as a stepping stone is still pretty good on it's own considering it's still a Level 150 scrollable/potential badge. At most what the new badge has done is essentially killed the suggestion which I agree with you on, but not the viability of the Ghost Ship Exorcist.

The Ghost Ship Exorcist can be a temporary Epic-Badge while they work on their gears until the Sengoku High Event where they can obtain a Sengoku Hakase Badge. This is certain because free & Reboot players will not be able to get it within 2 weeks alone.
    I know, but i feel nexon won't make the quest to re-obtain so soon putting a badge like this in game.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    I know, but i feel nexon won't make the quest to re-obtain so soon putting a badge like this in game.

I have mutual feelings. Many reasonable suggestions go under the radar or shoved under the rug. It's quite disappointing that the game can become so much more if certain issues were resolved or suggestions are implemented.

This is why we don't get that many returning or new players, and more likely that the population dwindles down day by day.