[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why is Gollux boss content unavailable?

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited December 2016 in General Chat
I was unable to find a proper reason from any official notice regarding this content after it being blocked after the v.178 - V: Limitless Patch.

It would be nice to know why such actions were taken and why players were not notified about this change.

Comments

• ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited December 2016
    I think it a glitch..
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    ShadowJoshXD

I think it a glitch..
    That's most likely the best assumption but it still doesn't explain much. It was working fine in v.177 with no issues, so whatever happened in v.178 just blows my mind.

Well not really because they've always eventually mess up somewhere.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    My guess is that they've messed up boss map instancing in general.
    People are reporting Zakum eating up entries (they are not moved into the map but they lose an entry) or finding themselves in HT with people not in their party.
    I'm guessing that the Gollux portal is a bit smarter than the Zakum portal, and instead of eating up your key and doing nothing, it actually detects that there's a problem and gives you the "content is not available" message.

That's assuming it's a glitch at all. I have to admit that the NPC message looks a lot more like something intended. Glitches are normally a lot less tidy (i.e., your game would crash or nothing would happen or you'd end up with other people, etc).

Either that or it will come back after Marvel goes away. (Superior Gollux Earrings are, for some reason, touted as a top prize in Marvel this time)
  • AeraxisAeraxis
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    I think that they intentionally disabled Gollux due to the fact that in the last update, bind skills now work on all bosses, but since Gollux isn't in KMS, they weren't able to copy the code to allow for him to be bindable like they did all the other bosses, so now we have to wait for the korean coders to come up with a solution.

That's just my theory though, it could be another reason entirely.
    Hyako
  • liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited December 2016
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • EtrayoEtrayo
    Reactions: 905
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Kms doesnt have gollux. When patch notes were translated over, since KMS does not have gollux, it glitched gollux. Why they didnt see this coming from 12 miles away is beyond me.
  • buccaneerlolbuccaneerlol
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Maybe they're trying to iron out the EXP loss that occurs randomly with gollux.
  • 4EvarANubie4EvarANubie
    Reactions: 815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Hey, is anyone else getting the message
    "This Content Is No Longer Available"
    when they try to enter Gollux?
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2016
    Mhm

Bug report: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/5565/gollux-unavailable

Update notes don't list anything either. I assume it's temporarily closed due to bug fixes.