[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

V Coin shop

KerBansotKerBansot
Reactions: 1,635
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Are they serious about the prices?

Store is only til the 27th. V box has a 30 coin limit and apparently xmas box has 60. So from dec 1-6, (assuming the servers were ok - that's 180 coins. From dec 7-27 is 1890. Say we get another 500 or so from w/e events, we'll end up with roughly 2570.

The chairs alone total to 4480.

So are these prices totally incorrect?
Tuba

Comments

• ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited December 2016
    You also get some coins (i think it is 250 or so) from the V event (the one on new chars).

Also, it doesn't mean we don't get more V coins giving events in the future.

In any case, i'm pretty sure that the prices are intended.
    SirTeddy
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited December 2016
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

You also get some coins (i think it is 250 or so) from the V event (the one on new chars).

Also, it doesn't mean we don't get more V coins giving events in the future.

In any case, i'm pretty sure that the prices are intended.
    Wow.. all the more reason to feel forced into making a new char...
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    We're getting a new event this week where monsters drop Christmas boxes. These boxes will be your second source of coins.
    And don't quote me on this, but I've heard the coins from these boxes don't have a daily cap.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited December 2016

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Are they serious about the prices?

Store is only til the 27th. V box has a 30 coin limit and apparently xmas box has 60. So from dec 1-6, (assuming the servers were ok - that's 180 coins. From dec 7-27 is 1890. Say we get another 500 or so from w/e events, we'll end up with roughly 2570.

The chairs alone total to 4480.

So are these prices totally incorrect?
    Its not intended for you to get everything from the shop,
    There is also hot week boxes, that give you 30 and then (another 30 if you choose). I personally already have 600 coins.
    Referring to bolded:

Please re-read my post. I took into account the possible daily limit on xmas box and allowed a 500 buffer for hot week/other hot stuff.

I also did not mention any intent on getting everything from the shop. I was just referring to the chairs. Computing everything I want from this version of the shop will give me a total of 7580 coins. So I figured I'd just aim for the chairs, but it doesn't seem feasible still hence the post.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited December 2016
    That wasn't what happened the last time though (Heroes of Maple Reborn patch), they changed the chairs during the second "season". The same for damage skins.
    And basing on the screenshots provided by KMS players of their V shop, the chairs, mounts and damage skins were changed in season 2 as well.

And that's sort of my point, I don't want to assume. I'd rather get what I want now than risk not getting it after the shop gets updated.
    There's too many unknowns at this point, I don't even get why the boxes expire on the 14th. It's very discomforting.
    Tuba
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited December 2016
    Ah well you're probably in luck. In KMS, that chair is the only one that stayed in the shop both seasons. That chair and the gyrocopter mount. We can't be completely certain though since this shop is supposed to have that cellphone looking chair but it doesn't. Season 2 shop for KMS also has the Lucid flower chair - the same one from the web event sharing prize list.
  • fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    I just wanna make that stupid ring, but it needs 1200 coins. Seems like too much to gain.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Coin shops have been like this as far back as the FirePower event last summer(likely even farther, but that's the farthest back that stands out in memory). There are a number of utilitarian items(cubes potential scrolls and stamps, mineral and chair bags, etc) that are all fairly cheap and easy enough to buy the maximum available in the shop, and then you have the bigger, special items that require a fair bit of saving up to get.

Alexandre had it right, you're not meant to be able to buy everything in the coin shop. You have to assess what's in the coin shop, and what you most want.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

Coin shops have been like this as far back as the FirePower event last summer(likely even farther, but that's the farthest back that stands out in memory). There are a number of utilitarian items(cubes potential scrolls and stamps, mineral and chair bags, etc) that are all fairly cheap and easy enough to buy the maximum available in the shop, and then you have the bigger, special items that require a fair bit of saving up to get.

Alexandre had it right, you're not meant to be able to buy everything in the coin shop. You have to assess what's in the coin shop, and what you most want.
    Read my response to it. I'm just focusing on the chairs here. But even getting all the chairs will be impossible before season 2 if they cap the xmas boxes at 60 coins a day.

On a separate note, I have excel files of each year I've played maple and participated in events. I always manage to get the chairs, utilitarian items plus whatever else.

So yeah, me not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel even after reducing my focus on, and I repeat, just chairs alone is very discomforting.

Edit: This is probably no longer necessary, but I'm honestly starting to get frustrated at all the flak I'm getting for apparently wanting "everything" in the shop.

This is the math (assuming there's a 60 coin limit on xmas boxes) for the minimum amount of coins you can get by the 27th (apparent end of shop season 1) and how many coins you need to get the chairs. No damage skins, no css, no mounts. Just chairs.

So please, I don't mean to be rude here, please for the love of Maple RNGesus, please stop telling me that I'm not supposed to get everything in the shop. This is already me assessing what I want most. There are roughly 50 items in the shop, I only want 7 chairs.
    ManiOh
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    I'm in reboot and personally, I don't much of a rat's rip about the chairs or much of anything else, I just want that ring. Looks like we aren't getting shafted out of that like we did last year with the special seasonal android, for those who were joining in a tad too late. Also, dear nexon, I know I'm not alone on this one- please DO NOT make reward from boxes the 100s of rudolph noses inventory spam again this year! Please code in to where you get 1 as a reward ELSEWHERE, not from every other santa box, thank you kindly.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    After buying only the 3 cubes I'm allowed, I saw the vengeful ring, so I decided to start working on that.
    I see there are 20 upgrades to it. I bought 2 cubes for it, foolishly, and now it takes me 2 days to get one single stone to scroll the ring.
    I'm never gonna finish this thing... especially with only 30 coins a day.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Aggraphine

Read my response to it. I'm just focusing on the chairs here. But even getting all the chairs will be impossible before season 2 if they cap the xmas boxes at 60 coins a day.

On a separate note, I have excel files of each year I've played maple and participated in events. I always manage to get the chairs, utilitarian items plus whatever else.

So yeah, me not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel even after reducing my focus on, and I repeat, just chairs alone is very discomforting.

Edit: This is probably no longer necessary, but I'm honestly starting to get frustrated at all the flak I'm getting for apparently wanting "everything" in the shop.

This is the math (assuming there's a 60 coin limit on xmas boxes) for the minimum amount of coins you can get by the 27th (apparent end of shop season 1) and how many coins you need to get the chairs. No damage skins, no css, no mounts. Just chairs.

So please, I don't mean to be rude here, please for the love of Maple RNGesus, please stop telling me that I'm not supposed to get everything in the shop. This is already me assessing what I want most. There are roughly 50 items in the shop, I only want 7 chairs.
    good point
    also dont understand the need of coin limit
    1. there is limit on items you can buy from shop
    2. 99% of items are not tradable
    3. skins,mounts.chairs are overpriced
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

We're getting a new event this week where monsters drop Christmas boxes. These boxes will be your second source of coins.
    And don't quote me on this, but I've heard the coins from these boxes don't have a daily cap.
    Shhhh...don't let them hear you.