[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot overpopulation

GordonDOVGordonDOV
Reactions: 300
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So after the release of Reboot server, a lot of players ended up migrating over to the server and thus, a majority of the other worlds became bone dry in terms of player base. It was never too bad aside from the double xp weekends where our servers would end up looking like how Scania used to be in their glory days. Now, after the V update, it looks like that 100% of the time. Granted, its only been a day, the world is crazy and people like myself receive as much as a 3 second delay on actions or just end up disconnecting altogether. After I was disconnected, I took the time to look back in the other worlds, and lo and behold, they are drier than ever. I'm not saying that those worlds should be tossed aside altogether, but what I am saying is that if Reboot holds so much popularity, why not consolidate some of the old worlds together and make some more worlds like Reboot. Having just one world that holds so much popularity isn't good for the player base, especially when the players have little to no ability to take advantage of all the great things the world has to offer because we are lagging out.

Comments

• AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    GordonDOV
    GordonDOV said:

So after the release of Reboot server, a lot of players ended up migrating over to the server and thus, a majority of the other worlds became bone dry in terms of player base. It was never too bad aside from the double xp weekends where our servers would end up looking like how Scania used to be in their glory days. Now, after the V update, it looks like that 100% of the time. Granted, its only been a day, the world is crazy and people like myself receive as much as a 3 second delay on actions or just end up disconnecting altogether. After I was disconnected, I took the time to look back in the other worlds, and lo and behold, they are drier than ever. I'm not saying that those worlds should be tossed aside altogether, but what I am saying is that if Reboot holds so much popularity, why not consolidate some of the old worlds together and make some more worlds like Reboot. Having just one world that holds so much popularity isn't good for the player base, especially when the players have little to no ability to take advantage of all the great things the world has to offer because we are lagging out.
    that only proves how ppl no want game so p2win
    would be better make game less p2win by making all cs items bought by prepaid traedable like are perm clothes and like other maple versions do
    that way + ppl would play on other servers
    transform some server into extra reboot would be nice too but most ppl woudnt move cuz their friends guids etc
  • ExtrasenseBeraExtrasenseBera
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    In KMS, there is a "Reboot 2" server, obviously because the first one was packed. Hopefully they bring it to us as well and give the option to the people in Reboot to migrate to it if they want to escape the issues with disconnections and crashes and lags.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited December 2016
    I'd be fine with my characters being moved to reboot-2 or since there is space for 10 more channels if they just opened those up it'd probably help a lot too.
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    Reb00t is basically an easy mode of an already easy game.

Windia or Scania would be the best choices of server.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    just checked the reboot server and omg its so packed @.@ we need reboot 2 in gms.
  • TempWindiaTempWindia
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    packed full of botters yep, and spend countless hours grinding mesos most likely botting or macroing. All the high end players there except a few, please everyones macroing for meso. Dont say reboot is better because every normal server is "Pay to win". yes it is pay to win, but when u actually get a job, the same amount of hours u work gives u more than the amount of hours you spend on reboot, pretty much the same thing, both pay to win, pay time or pay money. reboot is lame :) so why dont yall leave the overpopulated bot world and come to windia or scania
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    TempWindia

packed full of botters yep, and spend countless hours grinding mesos most likely botting or macroing. All the high end players there except a few, please everyones macroing for meso. Dont say reboot is better because every normal server is "Pay to win". yes it is pay to win, but when u actually get a job, the same amount of hours u work gives u more than the amount of hours you spend on reboot, pretty much the same thing, both pay to win, pay time or pay money. reboot is lame :) so why dont yall leave the overpopulated bot world and come to windia or scania
    Scania is their hideout I wouldn't join that server but windia is okay.

• GordonDOVGordonDOV
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    TempWindia

I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of this post. This has nothing to do about pay to win, not having proper funds, or anything along those lines. Reboot was established to create a world like how maplestory used to be. The selling point was that xp and meso drop rate was increased while mobs were also stronger. The idea was to reward players for grinding. Maplestory had a motto that was "because you can and its free" which really feels alive in the reboot server. There is no economy, almost everything is purchasable via meso (aside from pets, but hey, theres an event for that). We can cube for free, are rewarded for partying up, and get to enjoy a feel for what maplestory once was just a bit. What this post was made for was that reboot caters to well over 50% of the GMS population. This game is meant to be fun for everyone and thats why we get so many events, it keeps bringing us back for more. However, if we can't enjoy that because we are getting disconnected or have too much lag that fragile little bishops like myself cant stay in maps without getting annihilated, then maybe that should be addressed. Not for the sake of "oh now I can numerous servers to bot in" or "now I have more opportunities for an empty MP3 map" but for the sake of everyone having a fun and enjoyable maple experience.
  • Jen0vaCoreJen0vaCore
    Reactions: 405
    edited December 2016
    TempWindia

Because I'd rather have equal footing and not have to pay $$$ to further myself in the game. I enjoy Reboot. I enjoy the grind and I enjoy the hard work without having to rely on others or the market to help me. It's a nice feeling.

• RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    SecondHero

Reb00t is basically an easy mode of an already easy game.

Windia or Scania would be the best choices of server.
    Just play Luna :D
  • BrianSenseiBrianSensei
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    TempWindia

Granted, if You like any RPG You have to LOVE grinding, 80% of any RPG gameplay consists of grinding. I like Reboot cause i live in a 3rd world hell where we cant get acces to dollars, so i cant buy any NX, Reboot lets me get some stuff even playing casually, i dont have the time for endgame but at least i can have fun.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Reboot isn't easier though, the monsters take more damage to kill, and we have to do everything ourselves.

How is that easier than just needing enough mesos to buy end game gear? Also non-reboot has bonus potentials, and scrolling. What, is leaving less up to RNG "easier"?

Im just not understanding how Reboot is easy.
    BrianSenseiLiyern