[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Too many KSers

AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
Reactions: 1,315
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Literally would go to an empty channel and not more than 2 minutes later I'll have someone in there KSing me. I've offered sharing the map, but they just KS instead. I've offered to party with them even and they ignore it and just keep KSing. Idk if it's the new players who don't know how to be polite, or the old ones being butt munchers but something has to change.
fallonstalonsBooberpuppyLilyflower

Comments

• genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    Survival of the fundest
    AkihikoT_Invulgo
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Literally would go to an empty channel and not more than 2 minutes later I'll have someone in there KSing me. I've offered sharing the map, but they just KS instead. I've offered to party with them even and they ignore it and just keep KSing. Idk if it's the new players who don't know how to be polite, or the old ones being butt munchers but something has to change.
    You're in reboot, I'm guessing. This happens to me there a lot as well. Just another thing to have to deal with on top of the disgusting lag (but that's an issue for many other threads already open right now) and yeah, people seem to turn in to unresponsive KS robots quite often. The really bad ones get a thrill from you asking them to leave and usually proceed to provoke you in to a bickering match or fight to satiate their own sadistic attention needs.

Also, I believe it is happening more right now because it is an extremely busy time in reboot server. I'd wager some of those people people just grow impatient after cycling through all channels to no avail and resort to stomping through some chosen player's already taken maps. It gets very bad during 2X exp...and it always seems like the one I see cycling through 2-4 times lands in MY channel to park and tag/KS all of MY mobs. I know the frustration, buddy.

Far as it goes with Nexon doing something about it? I think successfully policing KSers would be a very tricky business because there are just way too many of them, and each one has its own individual case with so many variables involved to make a solid decision on who is really at fault. There could be ways of doing it efficiently and accurately, but unfortunately, I believe it's just too impractical for a company such as Nexon to invest the time/energy/funding to the grand task of pursuing every case of KSing. I think if they could do more about it, they already would have after 10+ years of KSing being so commonplace.

Final thought: I believe KSing is something we just have to deal with. Personally, the best thing I've found to counteract the problem is join a guild to party level with. But even with that in place, KSers gonna KS.

AkihikoT_
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    Booberpuppy

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

You're in reboot, I'm guessing. This happens to me there a lot as well. Just another thing to have to deal with on top of the disgusting lag (but that's an issue for many other threads already open right now) and yeah, people seem to turn in to unresponsive KS robots quite often. The really bad ones get a thrill from you asking them to leave and usually proceed to provoke you in to a bickering match or fight to satiate their own sadistic attention needs.

Also, I believe it is happening more right now because it is an extremely busy time in reboot server. I'd wager some of those people people just grow impatient after cycling through all channels to no avail and resort to stomping through some chosen player's already taken maps. It gets very bad during 2X exp...and it always seems like the one I see cycling through 2-4 times lands in MY channel to park and tag/KS all of MY mobs. I know the frustration, buddy.

Far as it goes with Nexon doing something about it? I think successfully policing KSers would be a very tricky business because there are just way too many of them, and each one has its own individual case with so many variables involved to make a solid decision on who is really at fault. There could be ways of doing it efficiently and accurately, but unfortunately, I believe it's just too impractical for a company such as Nexon to invest the time/energy/funding to the grand task of pursuing every case of KSing. I think if they could do more about it, they already would have after 10+ years of KSing being so commonplace.

Final thought: I believe KSing is something we just have to deal with. Personally, the best thing I've found to counteract the problem is join a guild to party level with. But even with that in place, KSers gonna KS.

The problem with policing kill-stealers as you've said is that each individual case may vary which is the problem. If in one case one faces time and another case that person doesn't face time it will create a backlash of unfair practice of "zero-tolerance-policy". It's either that they ban all or none.

They use to ban kill-stealers in the past if you go back far enough. They realized it wasn't worth the time and effort to simply ban people and instead usually say "try sharing a map". That isn't possible in today's game since most party play areas or mechanics have either been removed or nerfed to the point where it is no longer viable. This is the reasons why most of the population prefers to solo in most situations due to having additional benefits.

The problem with training areas is simply that there isn't enough good ones and for Reboot's case there isn't enough channels even if they introduce new areas. I can guarantee you this will happen when they release parts of Arcane River. If it's noticeably better, the horde will jump at it.

This is one of the reasons why I quit Reboot. The other reason being is that I've already settled in Scania since near the beginning of time.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    Same happen to me a kser stole all my mobs and saying it is was here first and I went to customer support and i post screenshots and I told information with 100% proof but the gm said *sharing the map is okay.* which is bs! this is why I don't play reboot alot and I stick on playing normal servers instead.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited December 2016
    This'll get backlash, but the best way to stop the KSing would probably be stopping almost everyclass from having giant mobbing skills from the beginning. If you can't his half the map with one skill you're less likely to take the kills of other people and you'd actually have to work together in parties to use the whole map. now instead you can have one person take an entire map killing everything in 1-2 hits even when it's 5+ levels above.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    I liked it back when they had more timed instanced mobbing maps with good spawn like that one skelegon/skelosaurus, made specifically for groups who just wanted to grind it out. We had so much more control over the KS situation back then. I'd like to see that sort of thing come back for those of us who just want to grind in peace with guildies or solo. Not so sure how well that would work now, though.
    AkihikoT_
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Reactions: 435
    edited December 2016
    Toying with thief based classes to figure out what to go with for higher level, I had the misfortune on Night Lord to get a KS griefer. This was not someone trying to level. This guy was a 150 Kenesis, at the golems. Full clearing the room repeatedly on me just to try and irritate me. CCing didn't work either. He just followed me. Had to afk for half an hour to bore him out.

The thing that made it extra annoying is that the behavior is treated as okay, as like was said before, Nexon believes it's just sharing the map and that it's okay. Clearly it ain't sharing the map if he's over 5 times my level and full clearing it because it's small.
  • CrypticNewsCrypticNews
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Complaining about KSer in 2016 lol. Let's have mega wars like we used to in the good ol' pre-bigbang era.
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    A lot of the people "KSing" are most likely bots. Reboot is full of them because of the emphasis on meso farming and if they've bought NX they'll never get banned. Better off just playing on the normal servers until they either make more reboot servers or actually start banning people who use macros.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited December 2016
    Jaridavin
    Jaridavin said:

Toying with thief based classes to figure out what to go with for higher level, I had the misfortune on Night Lord to get a KS griefer. This was not someone trying to level. This guy was a 150 Kenesis, at the golems. Full clearing the room repeatedly on me just to try and irritate me. CCing didn't work either. He just followed me. Had to afk for half an hour to bore him out.

The thing that made it extra annoying is that the behavior is treated as okay, as like was said before, Nexon believes it's just sharing the map and that it's okay. Clearly it ain't sharing the map if he's over 5 times my level and full clearing it because it's small.
    I found out from another post you can set yourself as offline so people can't /find you. though idk if you can talk to friends like that either.
    JetUppercut

A lot of the people "KSing" are most likely bots. Reboot is full of them because of the emphasis on meso farming and if they've bought NX they'll never get banned. Better off just playing on the normal servers until they either make more reboot servers or actually start banning people who use macros.
    After reboot the normal servers are way too easy though. It's part of why I went to reboot to begin with.
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Reactions: 435
    edited December 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Jaridavin
    Jaridavin said:

I found out from another post you can set yourself as offline so people can't /find you. though idk if you can talk to friends like that either.
    I didn't know I could, but that'd only buy me a bit of time. There were only so many channels after all.

I ended up thinking on DB anyways. Thanks for the tip though.