[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is it possible to get a stolen account back

Mustach1Mustach1
Reactions: 200
edited December 2016 in General Chat
I believe my ex girlfriend stole my account. Yes, I am probably stupid. She had asked to borrow an email about 3 months ago for school. I gave her an email I didn't use and had no connection to Nexon but now that I have tried to log into my nexon account, I think the email passwords were the same. I can no longer login to my nexon account. I believe the password has been changed and most likely the email. Any help would be appreciated, I do know all of the info for my maplestory/mabinogi and combat arms. I doubt she knows I played all of those games. I have already filed a ticket for both Mabi and Maple and I hope Nexon replies to my ticket. How long does it usually take for a reply from Nexon?
  1. Can I get my account back?0 votes
    1. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• JaridavinJaridavin
    Reactions: 435
    edited December 2016
    To start, good luck with their customer service. I think the only way they'll let you get a chance at it back is if you can 100% prove it's yours. That's assuming they actually take/respond to it and take actual steps at it.

It should be mentioned for future reference to have a different password for everything. This not only prevents this current situation, but keeps things like keyloggers having a harder time. If you get it back, I hope you make sure it's more secure. If they won't, I hope you are fine trying to catch back up.