[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Zero class lost 30% boss damage

SoymilkSoymilk
Reactions: 245
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Game-related/Class-related

Character: Zero Class

More information: After restoring my hyper stats and link skills to my character, I became aware I am short 30% boss damage on both Alpha and Beta characters. I've asked other players and have deduced it's a Zero-specific class problem; other Zeros have lost exactly 30% boss as well. I can provide further evidence once the servers are online again to compare current and past boss% damages.

Cannot reproduce this bug since this occurred after the patch to .178
ShirtszChrisGodKratosDDKUJuckyZero

Comments

• zChriszChris
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    I'm a Zero, also having this problem.

The game is no longer registering our secondary weapon. So all Zeros are now missing 30% boss and 10% IED, which are inherent on the level 7 Lapis and Lazuli, as well as whatever potential, bonus potential, and nebulite on the weapon.

This is a huge nerf to Zeros right now, hoping Nexon will fix it.
    GodKratos
  • GodKratosGodKratos
    Reactions: 525
    edited December 2016
    Also having this problem, and its consistent with all of my friends that also play zero. I'm missing the boss damage from nebulite and 20% crit chance (from 2 10% crit lines, 1 in main potential and 1 line in bonus potential). Please fix this soon!
    DDKU
  • Timelesstrix0Timelesstrix0
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    My Zero has also been doing reduced damage in my daily Root Abyss and Hilla runs
    DDKU
  • DDKUDDKU
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Hi Guys, it's much more than that. We lost our secondary completely. The potential doesn't apply twice. I ran a quick cubing test (cubed my weapon to test). I rolled a 13% dmg, but only 13% applied instead of 26% (since we can see how much dmg% we get now). I emailed Nexon, and apparently it is intended for us to lose this secondary application.

"There were recent changes made for the said character. These changes were made to keep the balance of the game. These changes were made as intended. I hope this won't discourage you from playing the game, as our goal is to provide you guys the best gaming experience that you deserve. "

I hope they add a secondary, else we lose out on 1 item worth of potentials.
  • GodKratosGodKratos
    Reactions: 525
    edited December 2016
    what the hell? it was intended for balance? every other class has a secondary so why shouldn't we?? this is UNBALANCED
    DDKUDough
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    DDKU
    DDKU said:

Hi Guys, it's much more than that. We lost our secondary completely. The potential doesn't apply twice. I ran a quick cubing test (cubed my weapon to test). I rolled a 13% dmg, but only 13% applied instead of 26%. I emailed Nexon, and apparently it is intended for us to lose this secondary application.

"There were recent changes made for the said character. These changes were made to keep the balance of the game. These changes were made as intended. I hope this won't discourage you from playing the game, as our goal is to provide you guys the best gaming experience that you deserve. "

That response means absolutely nothing.
    It's their standard copy-pasta for anyone who complains "my class got nerfed," which happens all too often in this game.
    Keep trying to get attention to the issue. Maybe try to find an English-speaking KMS'er to ask them whether the same happened over there.
    DDKU
  • DDKUDDKU
    edited December 2016
    Right, I do hope it is a bug. I have followed the updates very closely on KMS through OrangeMushroom blogs; and there is no indication of this problem either. This would have made a really big stink on other Maple-servers as well (such as MapleSEA), but this just isn't showing up anywhere. I will try to look for a KMS-Zero and ask, but I'm not sure if this will be an easy task. The unfortunate part is that if this truly is a nerf for the Zero class, this is one heck of a nerf. This is like forcing a class to only wear overall for their entire gameplay life, losing out on a full item's worth of potential, just worse because it is on a weapon-type potential.

I have followed up on another ticket with Nexon, this time also trying to to deal with the missing skill point (taken from our Masteries). This unfortunately will be swept under the rug if we don't make a big deal out of it, and in my opinion, Zero is already and underplayed class, so the chances of this issue being looked as is looking bleak. But, I will do my best to continue looking at this problem and constantly mentioning it to players as well as Nexon. Please do the same. Speak to the livechat and get this issue looked at. We need more players to actually go to Nexon about this for it to be fixed.
  • DDKUDDKU
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

DDKU
    DDKU said:

Hi Guys, it's much more than that. We lost our secondary completely. The potential doesn't apply twice. I ran a quick cubing test (cubed my weapon to test). I rolled a 13% dmg, but only 13% applied instead of 26%. I emailed Nexon, and apparently it is intended for us to lose this secondary application.

That response means absolutely nothing.
    It's their standard copy-pasta for anyone who complains "my class got nerfed," which happens all too often in this game.
    Keep trying to get attention to the issue. Maybe try to find an English-speaking KMS'er to ask them whether the same happened over there.
    It's not that I'm complaining "my class got nerfed", but really now; it is advertised in the character tutorials once you get your weapon that is it double the potential for one, and for two, a character without a secondary compared to everyone else? I think that's more than just a nerf. I could understand lowering skill dmg and other things, but removing a whole items seems a bit extreme.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    DDKU
    DDKU said:

It's not that I'm complaining "my class got nerfed", but really now; it is advertised in the character tutorials once you get your weapon that is it double the potential for one, and for two, a character without a secondary compared to everyone else? I think that's more than just a nerf. I could understand lowering skill dmg and other things, but removing a whole items seems a bit extreme.
    The GM doesn't know any of this. The GM only has very vague knowledge of MapleStory. What they do have is a "knowledge base" of preset answers to certain question/issue types. And that knowledge base says that any ticket of the form "my class got weaker / is broken / doesn't work right after the patch" should be answered with that "it was intentional and for balance" so the ticket can be closed right away. Their purpose is not to solve problems, it's to close tickets.

So yeah. If this didn't happen in KMS then it just needs to be reported over and over as a bug until it somehow gets through. Which might not happen until we get a CM :-(
    DDKUStimzy
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    I can't find this on any of the KMS notes, so I have forwarded it as a bug.

However I don't know if I'm just overlooking something, since I've done that before.
    DDKUTrayseeStimzy
  • DDKUDDKU
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

DDKU
    DDKU said:

The GM doesn't know any of this. The GM only has very vague knowledge of MapleStory. What they do have is a "knowledge base" of preset answers to certain question/issue types. And that knowledge base says that any ticket of the form "my class got weaker / is broken / doesn't work right after the patch" should be answered with that "it was intentional and for balance" so the ticket can be closed right away. Their purpose is not to solve problems, it's to close tickets.

So yeah. If this didn't happen in KMS then it just needs to be reported over and over as a bug until it somehow gets through. Which might not happen until we get a CM :-(
    Thank you for your reply. As you've mentioned before, I've spoken to some other individuals who play Zero and are talking to live chats and trying to create more tickets and makingfuss so Nexon actually pays attention to it. I wonder if there is a place to report bugs and get more attention other than the forums and through the tickets. I've tried to ask these kinds of questions to the live chat, and as one would expect, they haven't exactly been useful. I will continue talking to other Zeros and other people to try to make an even bigger fuss. We need Nexon's attention to get bugs fixed (like the fuss over the Dragon Link on Kaiser). They're too focused on making money rather than dealing bugs. (For example the immediate fix of Marvel and other money-related bugs)
  • DDKUDDKU
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

I can't find this on any of the KMS notes, so I have forwarded it as a bug.

However I don't know if I'm just overlooking something, since I've done that before.
    Thank you very much for your help. This is extremely helpful and it is greatly appreciated. It really is.
  • SmexyAlekssSmexyAlekss
    Reactions: 625
    edited December 2016
    I sent a ticket to nexon:
    Dear GM, can any of you check my character please? I'm missing a lot %boss (85% boss damage) from my weapon and potential, and some %ignore defense, this is a big nerf to my character, i saw some post at official forum, but i dont know if any of you did even see that. I will be very grateful if you can help me.

PS. I know some zero job friend's have the same problem.

The nexon reply:
    Greetings Mapler,

Thanks for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I understand that you're wanting to have your Zero character checked. Please be informed that this class has always been changed in the past which might have affected your overall damage done. You can check the major changes made to the game here. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have other questions or concerns.

You can always visit our support site here.
    Godspeed,

GM Eridel
    Nexon America, Inc.

What kind of joke is this Nexon?? I cant even believe how can literally destroy a hole job..,

IGN: SmexyAlekss lvl 224 Zero
    Server: Bera
  • DDKUDDKU
    edited December 2016
    They say to check the updates, but they're not posted anywhere. So I think I'm going to ask them to point out where the changes are EXACTLY. It's their job to know anyways.
  • TrayseeTraysee
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    DDKU
    DDKU said:

They say to check the updates, but they're not posted anywhere. So I think I'm going to ask them to point out where the changes are EXACTLY. It's their job to know anyways.
    You must be patient. Patches/updates are only possible in an infrequent time-frame, due to estimated times it takes to apply.
    All employees, despite popular belief, are constantly busy and trying to help each individual to their best potential.

Thank you @NeoSpector for the response and forward.
    If this persists longer than say a month or two with no confirmation of intent or bug, then raise the issue again.

• SmexyAlekssSmexyAlekss
    edited January 2017
    Any update about this issue?
  • ShreytasticShreytastic
    Reactions: 210
    edited January 2017
    I'm sad to lose the 30% boss from our secondary, really hoping this gets fixed soon. But I suspect that att % lines are working as intended (att lines from both the weapon and secondary are applied) as my weapon has 5 lines of att% and my damage didn't change drastically after the V patch (other than losing the 30% boss).
  • SmexyAlekssSmexyAlekss
    edited January 2017
    I think we lost at least 55% boss damage, 30% boss from weapon plus 25% boss from neb, in my case I got a 35% boss line so it’s a total of 90% boss lost, so lame.
  • StimzyStimzy
    Reactions: 505
    edited January 2017
    wow didn't even notice that the secondary was doubled but for them to remove it without any secondary to replace it i see this as quite an annoying nerf. If this was not a nerf and a bug then i really hope they fix this soon.
  • ShreytasticShreytastic
    Reactions: 210
    edited January 2017
    SmexyAlekss

I think we lost at least 55% boss damage, 30% boss from weapon plus 25% boss from neb, in my case I got a 35% boss line so it’s a total of 90% boss lost, so lame.
    I lost exactly 30% on both alpha/beta. The neb seems to be working fine I think.
    Dough