[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crusader Codex Upgrade

RyuhikoRyuhiko
Reactions: 1,040
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Would it be possible for the crusader codex to get an upgrade?

with the release of collecting monsters it sort of makes the crusader codex feel useless (although in the end i think the codex is more useful considering it provides you with HP, MP, and drops)

Maybe incorporate them together in some way?

If not at least for the codex can we have proper updated drop lists and for the monster cards themselves to have a bit better of a drop rate on some mobs as its sometimes impossible to get them.

Fellow Mapler's let me know what you think!
  1. What should we do?24 votes
    1. Buff the crusader codex!
       46% (11 votes)
    2. Buff monster collecting!
       4% (1 vote)
    3. Fuse them together and fix the drops!
       38% (9 votes)
    4. Fuse them but keep the drops the same!
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Leave it as is!
       13% (3 votes)

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    I think they should stay separate, they are 2 contents being developed by 2 different regions of MS.

Monster collection is updated constantly by KMS and the Crusader Codex system is from JMS. It's because of this that they should not be merged,as it would just cause problems in the future.

JMS has a vastly more up to date version of the Crusader codex, GMS has just been too lazy or whatever to update it, so it's now the pile of bugged content it is now.

also due to JMS having very special Professions such as the Hunter and Tamer professions that are related to the Crusader codex, it makes it even easier for them to collect cards and familiars, the Tamer profession in particular allows them to summon 3 familiars at once.

I made a suggestion for it to be updated and it made it on the list of reviewed suggestions and feedback but we wont know what will come of it unless @KThxBaiNao is allowed to give follow up information or has any followup info to give.
    IvangoldSkyTheDestroyerWarame
  • ShawnfailShawnfail
    Reactions: 915
    edited December 2016
    All I want is for the codex to be updated with more monster cards. A slight buff to its stats would come from us collecting more monster cards. More effects would come from new sets from new monster cards.
  • RyuhikoRyuhiko
    edited December 2016
    Catooolooo

I think they should stay separate, they are 2 contents being developed by 2 different regions of MS.

Monster collection is updated constantly by KMS and the Crusader Codex system is from JMS. It's because of this that they should not be merged,as it would just cause problems in the future.

JMS has a vastly more up to date version of the Crusader codex, GMS has just been too lazy or whatever to update it, so it's now the pile of bugged content it is now.

also due to JMS having very special Professions such as the Hunter and Tamer professions that are related to the Crusader codex, it makes it even easier for them to collect cards and familiars, the Tamer profession in particular allows them to summon 3 familiars at once.

I made a suggestion for it to be updated and it made it on the list of reviewed suggestions and feedback but we wont know what will come of it unless @KThxBaiNao is allowed to give follow up information or has any followup info to give.
    Wow! well said! hopefully @KThxBaiNao will be able to slip us some future information ;)

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    * Fix codex drops permanently (including familiar cards. I was at big spiders for an hour today and saw not a single familiar card drop, on a lvl appropriate evan)

* Fix the problem where it displays each card twice

* Introduce ways to obtain all Codex cards from mobs in the codex that are no longer in the game. It could be as simple as talking to the Maple Admin and she unlocks all of them in the codex automatically (this would be ideal), or it could be more difficult as long as they are made available.

* Buff the bonus stats from the Codex. Seriously, as you level it up you get a grand total of +8 All stats (and I think newer players can't even hit level 8 codex anymore, not sure). It should be +1% stat per codex level at the very least

* Ideally bring over JMS's version of the codex

* Regardless of bringing over the JMS version or not, update the code behind the Codex such that it is dynamically updated as you update mob data (eg health, experience, location, drops etc....). This will make it so much easier on you guys to keep up with it because you wouldn't have to do anything anymore.
    RyuhikoIvangold
  • RyuhikoRyuhiko
    edited December 2016
    gamechanger

* Fix codex drops permanently (including familiar cards. I was at big spiders for an hour today and saw not a single familiar card drop, on a lvl appropriate evan)

* Introduce ways to obtain all Codex cards from mobs in the codex that are no longer in the game. It could be as simple as talking to the Maple Admin and she unlocks all of them in the codex automatically (this would be ideal), or it could be more difficult as long as they are made available.

* Buff the bonus stats from the Codex. Seriously, as you level it up you get a grand total of +8 All stats (and I think newer players can't even hit level 8 codex anymore, not sure). It should be +1% stat per codex level at the very least

* Regardless of bringing over the JMS version or not, update the code behind the Codex such that it is dynamically updated as you update mob data (eg health, experience, location, drops etc....). This will make it so much easier on you guys to keep up with it because you wouldn't have to do anything anymore.
    Thank you for summing up all the issues with the codex and appropriate fixes for them :) im sure @KThxBaiNao will use your post as his suggestion as it was well written
    gamechanger
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2016
    Ryuhiko
    Ryuhiko said:

gamechanger

Thank you for summing up all the issues with the codex and appropriate fixes for them :) im sure @KThxBaiNao will use your post as his suggestion as it was well written
    Michael is no longer working for Nexon
  • RyuhikoRyuhiko
    edited December 2016
    Daxterbeer

Ryuhiko
    Ryuhiko said:

gamechanger

Michael is no longer working for Nexon
    Then Who revices these suggestions? is there someone else we could forward this to?
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    @gamechanger
    I think the codex should receive 1all stat every like 1k points, so you can get over 30all stat with all the sets, specially with a revamp, you could get over 60all stat, pretty neat. I think %all stat per set is too OP, should be beased on points so it's fair.
    And it's bad that you can't get certain cards now, so they could give you or remove them(not good in my opinion) so it's more fair.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    @Ivangold - Well, it would be 1% all stat per codex level, not per set. So it would be capped at 8% all stat (due to our codex not having enough sets to get to level 10). The reason I think this is fair is because it takes longer to get your codex to level 8 than it does to train a Xenon to level 120, yet a 120 Xenon gives a link which is 10% all stats. Also, each character would have to complete their own codex (though ideally it would be made account wide, or at least server wide).

@Ryuhiko - Supposedly Nexon actually looks at these forums, but I doubt it. Either way, very few of our suggestions that did get forwarded were ever implemented, so its not like we actually lost the ability to get stuff implemented. Hard to lose what you never had
  • GreenSoap1GreenSoap1
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited December 2016
    The Crusader Codex is much easier to navigate, and easier on the eyes too for that matter. I prefer it a million times over the Monster Collection thing.
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    I prefer the Codex.

I honestly wish they would update it a lot to include more of the enemies throughout the game.
    Or at very least, they could make it so that one of the flavor text NPCs somewhere in the game can sell you cards of the now-missng monsters in the Codex.
  • RyuhikoRyuhiko
    edited December 2016
    SecondHero

I prefer the Codex.

I honestly wish they would update it a lot to include more of the enemies throughout the game.
    Or at very least, they could make it so that one of the flavor text NPCs somewhere in the game can sell you cards of the now-missng monsters in the Codex.
    Seeing what you just said has given me an idea about the codex!

What if (because we all know most quests in maple right now are completely garbage) some NPC's handed out information about monsters (I.E Cards) for some of the un-obtainables that way there would at least be some resemblance of fun when trying to complete the codex

It would make way for new quests, NPC's, even areas!

The codex has SUCH POTENTIAL! i just hope nexon can see that!
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I just want from Nexon to bring over Jms/Tms/Cms Crusarder codex(And with their Better looking Ui of course) , the one that you can summon up to 3 famillers , and have up to 3 Codex set effects and also where famillers get potentials because why not everything has potential this days ;P
    JettLuvsU
  • LaurelineLaureline
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    I spend a lot of time trying to catch some of familiars. I think its exciting when you kill some pretty mobs and you get one of them at last. I would be happy if they add more of familiar cards like from Collossus, The Afterlands or Mushroom Castle. It gives much more to do... And makes you want to hunt them. They could be more independent, like JMS, and add familiar cards and crusarder codex cards on their own.