[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is everyone's Monster Collection at?

Comments

• KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited September 2016
    Pikarie
    Pikarie said:

Xerna said:

Magnus isn't in Friendstory. and magnus is really really hard due to meteors( the problem with this is the fact they can snipe you which is instadeath) magnus is in Grandis. his questline is pretty easy too just a little long thats all.
    Magnus is in fact in friendstory and you can actually get his card there.
    I forgot which chapter exactly you can do it but I know it requires you to do alt+f4.
    I was lucky enough to get magnus last week from doing dailies.

@KerBansot
    Using a lumi has no benefit in getting monster to register.
    Its all luck and the higher the lvl of the monster and its star, the harder it is to get it.
    Lumi does have a Lil advantage being best mobber but any class it good
    @Xerna: What Pikarie said. I do Magnus almost everyday, just not registering so I considered doing the FS route. The blockbusters make me really sleepy though so I quit even before I finished that first chapter or whatever. Having to alt+F4 made me less motivated to go further.

@Pikarie: I main a bucc. So mobility is a real issue for me. I suggested lumi simply because reflection makes you avoid having to move around as much. Pretty much your last line. hehe..
    Electrolled

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Currently at 280. I really didn't like friendstory so missing Magnus. PB on the other hand... I've done it almost everyday since they released MC but PB wouldn't budge.

I luckily got Magnus from Easy Magnus ^_^, and as soon as I got that, I went ahead and did the rest of the set.
    Oooh grats! I'm missing just a single one from a lot of sets. PB, Magnus, that mushroom kingdom swarm, Dyle... It's frustrating. XD

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

chaoscauser

I actually have Magnus but Zakum eludes me even though I have killed it so many times.
    Zakum is impossible to get, because the Zakum in the Monster Collection is called "Zakum1".

Before Zakum was revamped, its three bodies were called Zakum1, Zakum2, and Zakum3.
    Now it's a single mob and is called just "Zakum", but the Monster Collection is still looking for "Zakum1". So, not going to happen.
    Oh I see I thought that might be the case.....
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    Zero 1 of best mobs due to to the the aftereffect damage it does after a time its 400% for the tornado and 650% for the after effect of the Ground breaker skill. that makes for a combined damge of 1050% to half the map and the tornado hits until the end of the Screen.also this 1 of the few classes that don't need MP potions for and only need Healing items for elites and bosses due to the fact if which from alpha to Beta for example he will 25% of his HP every 4 seconds. also they have high % damage skills. normally it would a 30 second cooldown but if use your partner skills you can just reduce it to a 5 second cd.(most of Zero's skills have cd because they are so powerful) also you can put instant revive on your self too and can make yourself invinable for 15 seconds with a cooldown of 3 minutes and resets all skill cd except the revive to 0.
    also this class can do bosses earlier than most classes.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

My collection at the moment

more than me, im jelly.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    less than you @bumbertyr.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited September 2016
    I haven't touched monster collection yet tbh...
    Taehyung
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    you should it gives you free master, and free meister cubes among other nice rewards and free RP(reward points).
  • TheGodOfFireTheGodOfFire
    Reactions: 890
    edited September 2016
    Im taking a little break from collecting now. i hope we get more monsters here so i get my motivation back to go for 600.

Edit.I had trouble with image to show.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    wow thats a pretty good amount no elites?
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

wow thats a pretty good amount no elites?
    yup, still no elites.

• KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Those guys are a big pain.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

My collection at the moment

more than me, im jelly.
    XD

Next goal is to unlock 150 so I can have more "wandering monsters". Getting the Epina set actually isn't that difficult if you did Grand Athenaeum. Does take some patience, unless you are lucky.

This is quite lovely :3

Lilyflower
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I still haven't bothered with the monster collection system yet, but I've heard horror stories about sets that require certain elite monsters. It's difficult to get a specific type to spawn and you'd have to be in the right level range to get any to spawn at all. Which sets do not require any elite monsters/bosses to complete?
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited September 2016
    It's a shame more people aren't doing this. Getting 150 monsters only takes a day or two. Getting 300 takes quite a bit longer but is definitely worth it. All you need is a 4th job Luminous and in some cases a Kanna with Kishin and you'll be collecting them super fast.

My collection is currently at 308. I actually managed to get an Elite monster added yesterday morning!

TheGodOfFire

Im taking a little break from collecting now. i hope we get more monsters here so i get my motivation back to go for 600.

Edit.I had trouble with image to show.
    That's an incredible amount you have there. Could you tell me if you've gotten Horntail and/or Chaos Horntail?
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited September 2016
    Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

Magnus isn't in Friendstory. and magnus is really really hard due to meteors( the problem with this is the fact they can snipe you which is instadeath) magnus is in Grandis. his questline is pretty easy too just a little long thats all.

actually he is in friendstory and hilla is the school nurse and magnus is the gym teacher ye without horns he does look a bit different but you keep going you get to see Damien and the root abyss characters as humans XD but anyway i can't confirm the magnus thingy but some people say in the water wars event if you do the mission for resistance for the knights you get them added to the monster collection
    edited September 2016
    i can confirm the the Magnus thing and also the water war Cygnus knights.

in the Friendstory there is a part where you have to shoot Magnus with soccer balls and i think every shot counts as kill.
    bad thing is you don't see if he get registered in there so you have to alt+f4 before the timer ends and log on different character to check if you got him.
    this is not so bad since you can shoot quite a many balls during that time. i did it like 3 times total.

here's some other tips i can remember.
    You can get Griffey from the monsters near the Gollux labyrinth.
    If you have character in level range to do Tangyoon kitchen, there's stages where you can choose to spawn Mushmoms / Snowmans alot.
    i heard you can get Cygnus in the Cygnus knight job advancement thing (4th?) and if u forfeit the quest after killing, you can repeat. ( i haven't confirmed )
    Mu lung dojo is awesome.

Wow nice job with elite! And no still not Horntail or chaos Horntail...

• KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    TheGodOfFire

i can confirm the the Magnus thing and also the water war Cygnus knights.

in the Friendstory there is a part where you have to shoot Magnus with soccer balls and i think every shot counts as kill.
    bad thing is you don't see if he get registered in there so you have to alt+f4 before the timer ends and log on different character to check if you got him.
    this is not so bad since you can shoot quite a many balls during that time. i did it like 3 times total.

here's some other tips i can remember.
    You can get Griffey from the monsters near the Gollux labyrinth.
    If you have character in level range to do Tangyoon kitchen, there's stages where you can choose to spawn Mushmoms / Snowmans alot.
    i heard you can get Cygnus in the Cygnus knight job advancement thing (4th?) and if u forfeit the quest after killing, you can repeat. ( i haven't confirmed )
    Mu lung dojo is awesome.

Wow nice job with elite! And no still not Horntail or chaos Horntail...

I need to put this out, the only way to get hillna is to do her on hard mode(the one with the while hair, also go luck not getting caged)
    edited September 2016
    actually that hilla was fixed and renamed just hilla so you can get it from normal now.

• KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited September 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

It's a shame more people aren't doing this. Getting 150 monsters only takes a day or two. Getting 300 takes quite a bit longer but is definitely worth it. All you need is a 4th job Luminous and in some cases a Kanna with Kishin and you'll be collecting them super fast.

My collection is currently at 308. I actually managed to get an Elite monster added yesterday morning!

Oooh grats! Which elite was it? During the back to school event I got a shade from 30 to 56 at gold beach trying to get speedy violet clam slime to no avail. I ended up summoning elite boss total of 12 times on 19 channels + 5-6 dark runes. Still nothing. :(

• WarminalWarminal
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    WildNeko
    WildNeko said:

307 Here. I'm Currently hunting Solemn Viking & White Fang elites and OMG it is hard. Already overleveled 3 chars in each mob and nothing...
    Hey I actually got the Shadowy White fang elite collection and the Ice Golem Monsterbloom it gives you 3 Decent boxes when you claim the gift. However when you let the Golems explore, it only gives 1 Decent box. So yeah.... I don't know if this is a bug or something?