[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tower of Oz practice runs shouldn't deduct time

KeksKeks
Reactions: 635
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
When you fall.
For me, I'm talking about Floor 22 of Oz, the dreaded cloud JQ. It's not for realsies.. I'm just trying to get better. :-(
  1. Should Tower of Oz deduct time in practice mode runs?10 votes
    1. Yes, it doesn't matter anyways.
       20% (2 votes)
    2. No, you should not be penalized in practice mode.
       80% (8 votes)
    3. What's Tower of Oz?
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    not that bad of an idea tbh, giving people more time to practice these rather... mean jump quests might actually get more people doing the tower of oz knowing they;d be able to get in a good amount of practice beforehand.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    It doesn't help that much since floor 49 is big pain I hear. also some of the floors are the player's bane in the fact that it ends half their runs regardless of skill.( im looking at you Shooting minigame floor)
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    And it's hard to get to the top.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Yea llike really hard and Scarecrow might end up Ruining your run.
  • KeksKeks
    edited September 2016
    Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

It doesn't help that much since floor 49 is big pain I hear. also some of the floors are the player's bane in the fact that it ends half their runs regardless of skill.( im looking at you Shooting minigame floor)
    Yes some floors do end your run on a single mistake but those floors can't be practiced anyways, since you can only practice up to 40.

Floors like the shooting game floor are relatively easy. I don't really feel you need to practice floors like that but you can still get experience through outside things such as the Bounty hunter shooting games if you really had trouble on that floor. They're essentially the same thing except re-skinned targets (and maybe different hit box sizes?)

You could argue that you could just do other jump quests to get better, but I feel that the only way to get better at a certain jump quest is to practice the same one you're trying to clear. Learn the tricks of that jump quest as you make mistakes. This becomes harder because you have less time to do them because you're punished for your mistakes which makes sense when you're doing a real run, because you have a goal of clearing that floor as quickly as possible.

In my opinion, I still feel that removing time reduction in practice runs would break the barrier of entry and possibly attract more players into attempting do the Tower of Oz content.

• KeksKeks
    edited September 2016
    Lilyflower

That's why we should practice without penalties!
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Keks
    Keks said:

Lilyflower

get to the top with decent time is NEEDED TO HAVE A CHANCE AT KILLING DORTHY!
    Lilyflower
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Just make practice mode for Tower of OZ as followed:

- No time restrictions, up to floor 40.
    - No rewards (no exp, no drops, nothing)
    - No ranking
    - No unlocks
    Keks
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited September 2016
    Honstly they could do that, if they were gonna change that they could do some others changes, like changing the RNG in 2f and making 1cards works as well, maybe show the color of the card when one is dropped, and maybe FIXING 49f gliched questions f3.
    The only thing i think it isn't that big deal to change 22f practice is since you in the real run lose 1min if you fall , so you kind get in the pressure that a real run have.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    -removed-

• KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

Keks
    Keks said:

Lilyflower

get to the top with decent time is NEEDED TO HAVE A CHANCE AT KILLING DORTHY!
    lmao don't forget you need to cap, we never got the hp reduction that kms got.

OT: I'm all for making practice mode not have penalties, however in turn the point costs should be upped a bit to compensate for the change.
    ay agreed.( taking down Scarecrow takes some skill) Floor 45 is a DPS check!
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited September 2016
    @kerqxon you mean 47f? there you need all the dps you have, but dorothy does it really have 1b hp in gms?
  • KeksKeks
    edited September 2016
    @ivangold Dorothy has 840b HP in GMS I think
    Ivangold
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited September 2016
    Would be a welcome change. I made it all the way to that floor and then quit ToZ because its just such a pain to practice it, not to mention that by only hitting 20 floors at a time, I wasn't exactly rolling in Oz points, so purchasing all those practice tickets was painful enough just to watch the timer tick down on me while I kept falling
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    There are some good suggestions in here.

Thank you all for your input. :)
    Keks