[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Additional Patchs Notes

KMFKMF
Reactions: 860
edited December 2016 in General Chat
The rewards for the Black Friday Big Spender Event will be distributed. Please claim your rewards by clicking the gift box icon on the left side of the screen before midnight (12:00 AM Pacific) on January 1, 2017 About time.

Newly created ‘Burning’ Resistance characters can now make the job advancement to Blaster. Cool, now I can try out Blaster.
The V Coins obtained from Shining Santa Boxes now have a limit of 10 coins per day. Well .

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    ahahaha rip christmas events
    MakazeKiba
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    inb4 War on Christmas [MALE BOVINE EXCREMENT].
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited December 2016
    Rip the shining box.
  • Genericx44Genericx44
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    That's what happens when people start complaining about unlimited coins on the forums... There was a post where people were legit talking about it.. and complaining that Nexon copied and pasted, well guess what, Nexon took it out. Even if it wasn't meant to be, we MAY have had it a bit longer.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    It looks like Nexon forgot to include TrollFace.png in their patch notes.
    Andromedy
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    @Genericx44
    To be honest with you, we would have only been kicking the stone down the road. It would still eventually happen. More over, it would make the community even more hypocritical. We put Nexon on blast soooo God damned much about transparency. If we don't report bugs, REGARDLESS of whether or not it's benign or malicious, we would be no better than they are.
  • Genericx44Genericx44
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Eventually, maybe today, maybe not today but we'll never know :(. Also, wasn't necessarily a bug, imo... What if they had done this on purpose and because of all the complaining they said, "Screw you, take this and go now". Lol.
    KMF
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    MakazeKiba

If we don't report bugs, REGARDLESS of whether or not it's benign or malicious, we would be no better than they are.
    But is it really a bug?

There's zero logical reason for a daily coin limit AND purchase limits in the shop. Both prevent abuse. One limits our ability to get all the things we want and instead forces us to prioritize the one or two things we really need. That would be the daily coin limit. There's no need for a coin limit. At ALL. All it does is annoy the entire user base who can no longer get all the damage skins and chairs. Or complete a single Vengeful Ring.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    It doesn't matter how much their customers put them on blast. YOU DO NOT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU. That is exactly what they are doing with this move.
    If the customers are complaining excessively about the quality of game content, it's for a good reason. Firing back at the players with these sort of spiteful moves are very bad for public relations. No one likes this sort of ridiculous nerf. We are not getting the holiday event we deserve as loyal players and customers.
  • MogwaiMogwai
    Reactions: 630
    edited December 2016
    Well I'm done, so much for getting some cool v coin shop items.

So much for playing f2p and funding without nx.

Thanks a lot Nexon and mostly the people who complained about there being no limit.

Time to take my hard earned money elsewhere.

BooberpuppySpy006
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    spareblade

MakazeKiba

If we don't report bugs, REGARDLESS of whether or not it's benign or malicious, we would be no better than they are.
    But is it really a bug?

There's zero logical reason for a daily coin limit AND purchase limits in the shop. Both prevent abuse. One limits our ability to get all the things we want and instead forces us to prioritize the one or two things we really need. That would be the daily coin limit. There's no need for a coin limit. At ALL. All it does is annoy the entire user base who can no longer get all the damage skins and chairs. Or complete a single Vengeful Ring.
    It is a bug. And there are a lot of things that Nexon does that defy logic. Like allowing this same thing to happen with nearly all coin shops.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Mogwai
    Mogwai said:

Time to take my hard earned money elsewhere.

Damn straight, mate. And here I was having gobs of fun with the new event, and *almost* waltzed over to the store a couple days ago to pick up a little karma coin charge to show my appreciation to NX, for the first time since last year (that was before the original Reboot coin nerf)...very glad I waited, because now there is NO WAY I am supporting this level of garbage treatment toward us 'till this crap changes back to something more reasonable.