[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server reset time for GMS?

phrant1cphrant1c
Reactions: 500
edited December 2016 in General Chat
My main question is why did maple/ nexon decide on the server reset time that they did. I love the new EU players to the GMS server but having a server reset during the afternoon right in the middle of when GMS plays does not seem smart. Let us think about it for a second..... Right now, the server reset affects the way any mapler with a day job. When they get off work they can play for an hour or so but then have to deal with the reset during their daily grind. What if maple/ nexon had a server reset at 12am Pacific? This would mean that the reset would affect nobody in the US (assuming they had to be up for work/ school the next day) and UTC time would be 8am ( EU people will be preparing to go to work/ school or would already be there). How does this make sense to affect most of GMS on the migration rather than affecting very little population. I just dont get it. Someone please shed some light on why the server reset time was changed for GMS to affect North American players whom were already there?
  1. Should GMS server reset change4 votes
    1. Yes
       75% (3 votes)
    2. No
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    Honestly, the EU players need to be playing on their server, not ours.
    I understand why they are though, because there's no Reboot in EU.
    That's Nexon's fault, I'm pretty sure the EU side resets based on their time(?) so if they play in the North America side then they have to deal with the server resetting at 12AM (PDT) which would be 6AM for EU players playing on North America.
    Unless both "North America" and "Europe" servers are both being reset at 12AM(PDT) then I don't know.

I'm a little confused on how you presented your post, but it could be because I'm really tired atm.
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I got hosed by the new reset time for the Play V Event the first couple of days, not realizing it. I've been able to work around if afterwards. It's still obnoxious to reset in the middle of the afternoon/early evening in the US though.