[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Delete Burning character and can't reburn a new 1!

Comments

• zSuperSaiyanzSuperSaiyan
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    Spoke to their customer support, They're aware of the issue but can't find what is causing it. :/

I asked if there would be an extension of the burning event but they wouldn't know. As soon as they fix/know the issue they said something would be posted on news page anyway.
  • TrevorInHDTrevorInHD
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    So when is the request failed bug going to be fixed? I came back to the game with the new update, and for the passed week have been able to enjoy the v update due to this error..
  • OmarZOmarZ
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    I've talked to a staff member and he claims that you can only make 1 character in 1 server and it won't be fixed for us. Basically, we can't participate in the burning event in this period </3
  • ShakeYaBootyShakeYaBooty
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    No solution from this update, this is getting annoying.
    OmarZ
  • TrevorInHDTrevorInHD
    edited December 2016
    OmarZ
    OmarZ said:

I've talked to a staff member and he claims that you can only make 1 character in 1 server and it won't be fixed for us. Basically, we can't participate in the burning event in this period </3</p>
    That is ridiculous, he needs a new job. Why does it explicitly state the option to delete and recreate a burning character, only for it to not be allowed?
    OmarZMajustea
  • LucasGiacomettiLucasGiacometti
    Reactions: 570
    edited December 2016
    That's absurd.
    Majustea
  • MajusteaMajustea
    Reactions: 960
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I'm in the same situation. Have played loyally since 2007- a brief break from earlier this year- and I return because of this event yet I'm unable to create a character that can participate? I'm extremely upset, and this makes me not want to come back.
    The fact a representative said it will not be receiving a fix is infuriating, as the game CLEARLY states that this should be a feature:
    Most likely will not be playing the game until this is fixed.

TrevorInHDOmarZ
  • BruceYipBruceYip
    Reactions: 305
    edited December 2016
    Same as me, why the GMs didnt fix it!????
  • TrevorInHDTrevorInHD
    edited December 2016
    Majustea
    Majustea said:

I'm in the same situation. Have played loyally since 2007- a brief break from earlier this year- and I return because of this event yet I'm unable to create a character that can participate? I'm extremely upset, and this makes me not want to come back.
    The fact a representative said it will not be receiving a fix is infuriating, as the game CLEARLY states that this should be a feature:
    Most likely will not be playing the game until this is fixed.

Exactly, but heaven forbid the red christmas boxes dropping too frequently needed an immediate fix during the maintenance. It was started to look a lot like Christmas, NOT.
    Majustea
  • MajusteaMajustea
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    @OneLetter any insight on this issue or are we still blind as to the cause?
  • MuffinBaconMuffinBacon
    Reactions: 220
    edited December 2016
    I'm also a veteran player myself, 2008 respectively.
    When I found out 5th job was coming out, I was like, heck ill give it a whirl again after 2 years of quitting.
    When the burning event was shown, I already had the motivation to put time into this game again.
    After deleting the first character I disliked and finding out i couldn't re-burn EVEN tho the event explicity says you can delete and remake.
    Then this bug shows up that I cant remake, and the December 8th maintenance didn't have the audacity to fix the solution in time?
    What the heck is this service? Really upset, if they don't bother to fix or not even extend the burning time period, for people coming back after seeing 5th Job.
    OmarZMajustea
  • ChawesyChawesy
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    If you guys are veterans, than you know how poor of a service Nexon has. This problem wont be fixed but i'll keep trying. It doesn't effect the masses so they dont care if a few people quit playing maplestory because they've been screwed over...
    Not a single Moderator has even commented on these threads... not even acknowledged the problem..
  • ChawesyChawesy
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Well this is really sad...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Chawesy
    Chawesy said:

If you guys are veterans, than you know how poor of a service Nexon has. This problem wont be fixed but i'll keep trying. It doesn't effect the masses so they dont care if a few people quit playing maplestory because they've been screwed over...
    Not a single Moderator has even commented on these threads... not even acknowledged the problem..
    It has been forwarded already. Just because someone hasn't replied specifically to you doesn't mean it has gone unnoticed.

It would help significantly if people would do the following:
    1. Search for existing threads before posting
    2. Post in an existing thread (if there is one)
    3. Followed the listed bug reporting format available here; this helps with documentation, testing, and figuring out what might be the cause
  • MajusteaMajustea
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Chawesy
    Chawesy said:

It has been forwarded already. Just because someone hasn't replied specifically to you doesn't mean it has gone unnoticed.

It would help significantly if people would do the following:
    1. Search for existing threads before posting
    2. Post in an existing thread (if there is one)
    3. Followed the listed bug reporting format available here; this helps with documentation, testing, and figuring out what might be the cause
    Unfortunately its not merely a 'respond to me!' issue- its a problem with a lack of acknowledgement from moderators, etc. Multiple threads are being made because its a big problem, yet even with your response there is still a lack of closure on multiple fronts. I understand you and others have limited leeway when it comes to bugs and how they are being looked into, but responding to a bug as restrictive in nature as this (with little to no information on the bug itself) in order to repost the guidelines is redundant to say the least.
    I'd hope that I don't only speak for myself when I say that the answer I'm looking for is not "Its getting fixed on the 13th at 12pm PST!" (although specifics would be nice, I also understand that realistically you can't promise things you do not have/know) The answer I'm looking for is: A. Its being focused on actively, or B. There will not be a fix in time for the end of the event. Really not wanting to sound like the 'angry soccer mom who wants to speak with the manager' but consequential to a severe lack of information, that's probably how a lot of players are going to come across as long as there is such a large lack of communication on this bug.
    I appreciate your help and your work but you have to see where we're coming from.
    XenolithD
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2016
    Majustea
    Majustea said:

Unfortunately its not merely a 'respond to me!' issue- its a problem with a lack of acknowledgement from moderators, etc. Multiple threads are being made because its a big problem, yet even with your response there is still a lack of closure on multiple fronts. I understand you and others have limited leeway when it comes to bugs and how they are being looked into, but responding to a bug as restrictive in nature as this (with little to no information on the bug itself) in order to repost the guidelines is redundant to say the least.
    I'd hope that I don't only speak for myself when I say that the answer I'm looking for is not "Its getting fixed on the 13th at 12pm PST!" (although specifics would be nice, I also understand that realistically you can't promise things you do not have/know) The answer I'm looking for is: A. Its being focused on actively, or B. There will not be a fix in time for the end of the event. Really not wanting to sound like the 'angry soccer mom who wants to speak with the manager' but consequential to a severe lack of information, that's probably how a lot of players are going to come across as long as there is such a large lack of communication on this bug.
    I appreciate your help and your work but you have to see where we're coming from.
    Yes, and with where you're coming from it would help a lot if people would follow the guidelines. Which, and I don't want to sound rude, but people aren't doing a lot of. For example, you yourself have not filed any sort of bug report, no offense meant.

Redundant? Maybe. But necessary.
  • MajusteaMajustea
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Majustea
    Majustea said:

Yes, and with where you're coming from it would help a lot if people would follow the guidelines. Which, and I don't want to sound rude, but people aren't doing a lot of. For example, you yourself have not filed any sort of bug report, no offense meant.

Redundant? Maybe. But necessary.
    And by 'bug report' you mean submitting another thread like this one? That's against the guidelines. Or maybe you are referring to a ticket? In which case the 'Support' page clearly states about this specific issue: "There is no need to create a ticket, we will update this article on the status of these issues as more information becomes available." Unfortunately the updates on this issue are non-existent.
    This bug is not limited to a specific server or character, so those criteria are null- those two being subtracted, it leaves only the description of what happened to cause the bug; Which, unlike most cases, is actually a simple description. (And one that I have posted multiple times)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2016
    Majustea
    Majustea said:

And by 'bug report' you mean submitting another thread like this one? That's against the guidelines. Or maybe you are referring to a ticket? In which case the 'Support' page clearly states about this specific issue: "There is no need to create a ticket, we will update this article on the status of these issues as more information becomes available." Unfortunately the updates on this issue are non-existent.
    This bug is not limited to a specific server or character, so those criteria are null- those two being subtracted, it leaves only the description of what happened to cause the bug; Which, unlike most cases, is actually a simple description. (And one that I have posted multiple times)
    This is the existing thread that was used to forward the issue (or bump the issue, really, there may be an older, archived thread, although I don't have access to it). You can make a post there, following the bug reporting guidelines, so as to make it official and professional looking.
  • TrevorInHDTrevorInHD
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Majustea
    Majustea said:

This is the existing thread that was used to forward the issue (or bump the issue, really, there may be an older, archived thread, although I don't have access to it). You can make a post there, following the bug reporting guidelines, so as to make it official and professional looking.
    Why should we be official and professional if Nexon can't be the same? It is really, REALLY, REALLY crappy that the most correspondence of the issue has been from a VOLUNTEER.

If that doesn't say a lot then, well, I don't know what will.
  • LaliDragonLaliDragon
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2017
    I can't either from the start... I sub a ticket and pretty much told it would take a while... still not able to create one even after following ALL troubleshooting etc. I don't understand it says right on there, deleting ti will allow you to change burning char.