[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

An open letter to Nexon

Comments

• AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2016
    Haha I'll keep that in mind Petal! :) Btw if anyone here play's on reboot feel free to add me! IGN in original post :)
  • MoeruHoheiMoeruHohei
    Reactions: 850
    edited December 2016
    I highly doubt they'll change anything, as I'm seeing Nexon NA going down the same path that Gaia online went. An absolute lack of care towards the playerbase and a lot of empty promises.
  • JannaJanna
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Probably doesn't mean much, but I agree. We've been begging Nexon to change for a long time and nothing has come out of it. One can only hope...........
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    How is this not like...majorly super duper OP importantly full of comments...=3=
  • goraterongorateron
    Reactions: 815
    edited December 2016
    Petalmagic

How is this not like...majorly super duper OP importantly full of comments...=3=
    Because people mostly read the general section
  • LiyernLiyern
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    Agree with everything, though the lags don't really seem to be fixed quite yet after yesterday's patch. Trying to get in the game at this very moment and I still can't stay logged in for more than 2 minutes during these ''peak'' times without lagging and DC'ing. I guess fiberoptic internet doesn't make any difference with MS. Not to mention the 2x EXP event this weekend where I can't play at all. Wished Nexon could find a (better) solution for this.

As for the coin limit, aren't we getting new and better boxes when the rest of the V patch gets released? High-five boxes beeing replaced with V Boxes? IF they follow KMS to the point in that regard. (Since KMS also had the 30 coin limit on the High-five boxes, and it all worked out for them. 60 beeing the limit on the V boxes, and then some other events that will release during the same time where you'll be able to earn even more coins.)
    ICSOblivion
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited December 2016
    Andromedy
    Andromedy said:

To whom it may concern,

Hello, My name is Andy and I've been playing Maplestory since it's early years. I was there for the very first Maple Anniversary, and I've been playing on/off every since. This game is a wonderfully addictive way to spend time with friends and every time I come back I find myself more and more drawn in with all the new features an updates. Between nostalgia and just pure excitement and fun times, I will forever hold this game close to my heart.

That being said, in light of recent events, thing's are changing for the worse. I think I speak for many a Mapler when I say that we, as a whole community, are extremely disheartened and upset at the recent behaviors and outcomes of these past few weeks. We have had unstable servers, game breaking lag, countless glitches, day long maintenance's, multiple unscheduled maintenance, hacking, and much more. We have posted out strife on the forums, reached out and encouraged others to do the same. We have tried to come together as a true community to try and work together with you(Nexon) and alleviate these issues. Sadly, our efforts are for naught. After all of these maintenance, the number of glitches and bugs seem to stay the same, hacker's are still going seemingly unpunished, bosses are continuously breaking. The only thing we've seemed to accomplish is an end to this miserable lag. But was it because of community backlash, or simply just an excuse to get us to keep playing, regardless of ALL inconveniences, and keep filling your wallets.

On-top of all this, you have now placed the final straw of these event's on our back, and we are outraged at the sheer lack of empathy with your player base. The addition of adding a 10(Ten) coin limit to the Santa box's, has been a huge slap in the face to us. Through all of this turmoil, our only saving grace with these event's was being able to endlessly farm in peace, and receive the items we wanted. That's all gone to waste. The most sought after prize of this event, the 1200(One Thousand two hundred) V coin ring, is now unobtainable without sheer luck of glitching out the seemingly spaghetti code of these boxes. It goes without saying that this is extremely disheartening to a vast majority of players.

This is the Holiday season, where EVERY SINGLE PERSON should be filled with joy, love, and care. Filled with the spirit of giving and spreading happiness among everyone they meet. We should be excited to log in, and play. We should be excited to be able to get cool and unique items from these events. We shouldn't have to complain and be upset that we have to give up these events because of limits and restrictions. We as a community should ENJOY PLAYING THIS GAME.

I hope reading this sparks a passion within not just Nexon, but within our Maplers as well. We need to come together, as ONE community and make this game, the greatest it can be. And I know that we can achieve these goals TOGETHER.

I thank you all for your time, and I wish you the happiest of holidays.

-Andy(Andromedy)

(I'm attaching a pole this post. Voting yes show's you agree and "sign" this letter with your Mapler stamp of approval. Let's all show Nexon our dedication and love for this game!)

Want a preview about who're those GMs you complain about ? :

(1) https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5fsikh/this_is_why_they_cant_reproduce_the_bugs_we_report/?st=iwieigt5&sh=2922ec5d
    (2) https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5ftbeb/highlight_of_official_maplestory_stream/?st=iwiehwg4&sh=5c049ee6)

Lmao

Also, a thing missing in your letter is the Cash Shop transfer event (which is also missing !), even if we have been asking for it for long long now, they keep giving us blurry answers when we ask about it. You mentioned a slap on your face, for me, this is the biggest slap in my face from Nexon, it's like saying "We don't give any f***k about you, we will try and make you spent more as much as we can, that's all that import to us". And ya, this message is well sent, I spent about 20$ since September in NX, as long they keep playing it that way, I wont spent.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    Man, i just wished this game went better, i guess one of the weird things is how a 10year old game still in that state, people are just done with this situation, it's been too long to things barely change, or even get worst, i don't get, i just don't get it, how they can't see that a healthy game means more money?

I mean the game can still be pay2win like it's today, and still be a good game to everyone(they are trying to reduce it), MapleStory is already a exemple of game, a lot of unique stuffs, a old 2d MMO! Imagine if it could be a exemple to how run the game(outside Korea), sometimes i think twice in recomending MapleStory because they would ask me after playing for a while: why do you still play this game with all these problems?

I know every game isn't perfect, and a 2003 game can make things harder, but that doesn't mean it should be like that...hell lag in the 2x event really screw things up, and just seeying this 10 limit box is a slap in the face like some other sayed.

I just hope GMS don't close before they change, don't want to see thigs game i love so much die like this.
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    Reactions: 415
    edited December 2016
    "This is the Holiday season, where EVERY SINGLE PERSON should be filled with joy, love, and care."
    Yeah, give all Reboot players who participated in the Black Friday Big Spender Event a Fafnir weapon for their class man...
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    edited December 2016
    Play a different game u douches, i swear Nexon not gonna give u anything they are a BUSINESS understand that the next time you play maple
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    edited December 2016
    Talking on these forums is not gonna do anything for u, ive tried all ur gonna keep getting is dissapointment As long as Nexon is making money, they wont bother fixing their game for u cause they dont need to, get me? and since u idiots keep playing even when the game is trash, i see no reason for them to either
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited December 2016
    Mapleguy
    Mapleguy said:

Play a different game u douches, i swear Nexon not gonna give u anything they are a BUSINESS understand that the next time you play maple
    You not douche dude think sometimes ? There is no business with no customers; it's in their interest too to make us happy. Don't answer with something dump please.

Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    Mapleguy
    Mapleguy said:

Talking on these forums is not gonna do anything for u, ive tried all ur gonna keep getting is dissapointment As long as Nexon is making money, they wont bother fixing their game for u cause they dont need to, get me? and since u idiots keep playing even when the game is trash, i see no reason for them to either
    it's very rude to call people douches or idiots we as players are customers and nexon should listen to the customers and make us happy.

• CyphleeCyphlee
    Reactions: 630
    edited December 2016
    Preach it, well said. I COMPLETLY agree. Let's hope nexon finds there brains and fixes this crap
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2016
    Dude, you said it truly. What l see from this game now is endlessly asking players to charge, charge and charge with shitty reward. Besides, laggy, laggy and laggy during farming and bossing, it seems this lag just blows our computer up. And of course, the hacking for mesos in many places, l have seen a guy farming in one spot for 2 days. And l really think nexon does not give any fk to this..cos it will cost them more, instead they just wanna earn from players and avoid some issues.. shame on them.