[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How long does it take to migrate an EMS account?

EnduguEndugu
Reactions: 940
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
I returned to maple after a few months of not playing and found that EMS has merges with GMS. So I went through the steps to migrate my EMS account to GMS, downloaded the game from GMS.

Now when I start up the game, I can choose between Europe and America. If I select Europe I can choose a server (only 1), pick a channel, then I get a loading circle followed by a message "If you have trouble logging in, etc, etc" and the game closes.
I can play just fine on the America servers (a bit laggy), so the game works, my account logs in just fine, I just can not play on the Europe server.

Is this because my characters are still being transferred? If so, how long should it take? It has been 10 days now.
Koffie

Comments

• SiegmundSiegmund
    Reactions: 350
    edited December 2016
    wait for already 4 weeks.
    Koffie
  • PocoShinPocoShin
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    I have the same error and I made the migration in June, so yeah... We're in the same boat.
  • HolHol
    Reactions: 930
    edited December 2016
    I have this problem too and still can't play in the Europe region. I migrated before the deadline.
  • XTIANXTIAN
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    got the same problem too
  • Ant0nbbbAnt0nbbb
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    same problem here aswell ...
  • VirobeVirobe
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Same here.

Came back after 1 year break and can't log into the server.

Hope this will be fixed soon...
  • KoffieKoffie
    edited December 2016
    Starting to wonder if they are really migrating periodically the people who migrated after 10/11 November... imageWaiting for 4 weeks and 2 days now on my second account. I don't mind because it's my second account, but I'm starting to have serious doubts. (They also said they compensated my main account for loss of marriage, which wasn't true either and was corrected after they checked again. So I'm really wondering if maybe their systems say they have migrated more people each maintenance, but in reality something went wrong and we still can't login.)

Would like to hear from people who also migrated after the maintenance of 10/11 November, if among them there are actually people who have now been in one of the periodic migrations and can actually play on Luna?
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited December 2016
  • EnduguEndugu
    Reactions: 940
    edited December 2016
    My characters are transfered. I can play on EMS! Thanks!
    Koffie
  • KoffieKoffie
    edited December 2016
    Ok so Nexon customer support was just lying all this time to us with their so called "EVERY" maintenance.image
    (11:02:03) GM Dreuk: Hi Frog! We will have to wait for every maintenance for you to be able to check if your account was migrated.
    (11:02:16) GM Dreuk: May I ask when did you process the migration of your account?
    (11:03:19) Koffie x DrugFrog 24 june 2009 of MapleStory Europe: Well, I'm just asking for friends/guildmembers really who were lazy and migrated later, and I migrated my alt account for testing purposes so I can see exactly how it works myself on Saturday 12 November.
    (11:03:44) Koffie x DrugFrog 24 june 2009 of MapleStory Europe: Since then I checked after every maintenance, but so far my characters of that alt account seems to have not yet been migrated.
    (11:03:47) GM Dreuk: I see.
    (11:04:13) Koffie x DrugFrog 24 june 2009 of MapleStory Europe: So I was wondering, I guess regular maintenances won't count as migration maybe. Or maybe only other people got migrated and my account was not in the batch yet.
    (11:04:20) GM Dreuk: I believe you will have to wait for the next maintenance to check if your data was migrated fully.
    (11:04:31) Koffie x DrugFrog 24 june 2009 of MapleStory Europe: Or so I thought, maybe you guys will have 'special' migration maintenances periodically.
    (11:04:40) Koffie x DrugFrog 24 june 2009 of MapleStory Europe: ok
    (11:04:48) Koffie x DrugFrog 24 june 2009 of MapleStory Europe: I guess I will keep checking after every maintenance then.
    (11:05:20) GM Dreuk: I'm sorry, but we can only do server maintenance for migration once every week to cater more migration requests and to think how big the data is that needs to be migrated from the EU servers.
    (11:06:46) Koffie x DrugFrog 24 june 2009 of MapleStory Europe: Ok coolish I will keep checking then, now I know at least how it works. Thanks & Happy Mapling & Happy Thanksgiving. Bye (>^.^)>
    (11:07:00) *** Koffie x DrugFrog 24 june 2009 of MapleStory Europe has rated the chat Good ***
  • PocoShinPocoShin
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    Endugu
    Endugu said:

My characters are transfered. I can play on EMS! Thanks!
    Same! I finally can log in. ^_^

• HolHol
    edited December 2016
    I still can't play Luna as I get the trouble logging in message after selecting a channel. I migrated before the 10th November, what is taking so long?