[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

1 Zakum Run a Day

HiekHiek
Reactions: 925
edited December 2016 in General Chat
What? So I did a Normal Zakum run today, and I got the message "You can only do Zakum twice a day"
But I only did it once today? o.0

Comments

• SirVVranwrapSirVVranwrap
    Reactions: 335
    edited December 2016
    Same here yesterday it didn't let me in at all, today only 1 run. On top of that both runs of HT never spawned when I went in.

This needs fixed.
  • SuperboiSuperboi
    Reactions: 1,595
    edited December 2016
    Zak is bugged since the V patch. Every time you talk to the NPC there, the game counts it as a run. Sometimes switching channels before trying to enter helps.
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited December 2016
    I also have this problem. I havn't played maplestory for 2 weeks due to finals. Then, I came back and did one zakum run and it doesn't let me do another one l0l
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    It's pretty stupid, because, as a burning character, I insta leveled from 100 > 109 from just one run, so it's sad I can't do the second one.
    Oh well. BugStory2k16
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2016
    Hiek
    Hiek said:

What? So I did a Normal Zakum run today, and I got the message "You can only do Zakum twice a day"
    The trick is to get TWO Eyes of Fire before doing your Zak runs each day.
    How to do this is first, you get the first Eye of Fire, then drop it, and then get another one. That way, you won't have to get the first one, do a Zak run, then get another one, and then complete your Zak runs for the day. You can just do them both without having to get the Eyes of Fire two separate times.

This is how I've been able to bypass this bug (or if this even is a bug). I've also been able to do both HT runs (Normal and Chaos) with both spawning correctly (but I still die due to left (or right) head's 5-second DR or lag..
    Lastly, I'm not sure if this is only affecting certain players or players as a whole.
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited December 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

Hiek
    Hiek said:

The trick is to get TWO Eyes of Fire before doing your Zak runs each day.
    How to do this is first, you get the first Eye of Fire, then drop it, and then get another one. That way, you won't have to get the first one, do a Zak run, then get another one, and then complete your Zak runs for the day. You can just do them both without having to get the Eyes of Fire two separate times.

This is how I've been able to bypass this bug (or if this even is a bug). I've also been able to do both HT runs (Normal and Chaos) with both spawning correctly (but I still die due to left (or right) head's 5-second DR or lag..
    Lastly, I'm not sure if this is only affecting certain players or players as a whole.
    I have 50 eyes of fire in my inventory for a long time haha.... but it still only allowed me to do one zak run
  • TrayseeTraysee
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    Can confirm this affects me as well.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    This bug is similar to a bug we used to have with HT, and it goes like this:

Normal behavior:
    Zakum is an "instanced boss". This means that several parties can fight it on the same channel. Whenever you talk to the NPC and ask to go in, it finds a free "instance", deducts your entry count, and sends you to that free instance.

Bugged behavior (which we have now):
    If the first instance is free (nobody fighting Zakum on this channel), the NPC sees that, deducts your entry count, and sends you into the first instance.
    If the first instance is occupied, the NPC finds that the second instance is free, deducts your entry count, but for some reason fails to send you to the second instance. (If you get confused about not going anywhere and ask to go in again, the NPC once again deducts your entry count and does nothing. And if you ask to go in yet again, it tells you that you've used up your two daily entries).

How to avoid the bugged behavior:
    There's no way to 100% avoid it, but some things that reduce the chance of it happening are:
    - Don't use channel 6. That's the channel boss teleport takes you to, and most people don't cc, so it's most likely to be occupied.
    - Don't run on 2x or during busy hours.
    - Wait in the map with the NPC for a few minutes, watching that nobody goes in. Of course people could take forever inside, but assuming most people finish within 5 minutes, then if you see nobody go in for 5 minutes it's reasonably safe to try.
    - If you try to go in and nothing happens, DON'T try again. Wait a while for whoever's in to get out, or cc and try another channel.

Good luck.
    Its2Sharp4U