[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't get into game

CookieCookie
Reactions: 100
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
So it's been a hot minute since I've had Maplestory and I downloaded it again on my new labtop. Mind you, it's been about 5 years since I've played so everything looks totally different. I downloaded the launcher and just spent almost 3 hours downloading the game. My launcher says that I'm "Currently in game" when I click the big orange play button. Nothing pop ups though. Also from what I remember, once I complete downloading the game, a short cut should be created on my desktop. Or is this now replaced by the 'launcher'? Am I missing something? How can I get into the game? (All I want to do is go ham on some green slimes and tree stumps!) Any advice or work arounds would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• CookieCookie
    edited December 2016
    So I've turned off my firewall, restarted my computer, lowered my anti-virus settings. The only thing that pops up is a nexon security popup on the lower right hand side of my computer screen then nothing. -_-
  • CookieCookie
    edited December 2016
    I've also now tried to download the game from Steam and Steam says it is not available in my region. (I just recently moved to Guam.) Has anyone else run into this problem with Steam?
  • MaraBellaMaraBella
    Reactions: 845
    edited December 2016
    Same. Can't get into the game at all. Just get the security notice then nothing.
  • SheidezSheidez
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    Same I tried updating blackcipher and I even reset my laptop but it is still not working.
  • DasMauieDasMauie
    edited December 2016
    I had the same problem like 5 minutes ago, but I found a way to fix it. (at least it works for me)
    Start Nexon Laucher and when you select Maple Story, click on the small gear icon at the far right of all the other small icons, and choose Open Game Files.
    Then, find GameLauncher.exe and right click, go to compability mode and click Run in compability mode for Windows XP (Pack 3).
    I also selected Run as an administrator.
    Close everything and try starting the game again. If it still doesn't work, maybe try putting the Launcher itself and Compability mode and Administrator?
    You can try to select Verify Files too when clicking on that same gear icon on the game page.
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited December 2016
    I once had the same issue that the game wouldnt open at all :)
    I tried all methods i could find online and nothing worked.

But after a while I found an intern thing on my laptop which helped.

Press windows + R, then something opens and write: regedit >>> press enter.
    Find SoScreenMode and replace the 0-1 by number 3.

Your game should be working back then.
    Note that everytime u open maplestory again you have to redo those steps.
    SheidezPinkBeansMaraBella
  • SheidezSheidez
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    Stephy you don't know how much I like you right now. Thanks man it finally worked
    Stéphy
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited December 2016
    Sheidez
    Sheidez said:

Stephy you don't know how much I like you right now. Thanks man it finally worked
    You are welcome.
    I remember how happy i was when after spending days finding a solution, this actually worked.
    Enjoy playing!

• PinkBeansPinkBeans
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    May I have some assistance, I got into regedit and everything and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE and I can't find the wizet folder anywhere. And finally when I thought I found it and clicked Maplestory there is no SoScreenMode inside... Please help
  • MaraBellaMaraBella
    Reactions: 845
    edited December 2016
    Stéphy
    Stéphy said:

I once had the same issue that the game wouldnt open at all :)
    I tried all methods i could find online and nothing worked.

But after a while I found an intern thing on my laptop which helped.

Press windows + R, then something opens and write: regedit >>> press enter.
    Find SoScreenMode and replace the 0-1 by number 3.

Your game should be working back then.
    Note that everytime u open maplestory again you have to redo those steps.
    Wow, you just did Nexon's job for them. You need to get paid because they have been useless with this issue suggesting the same old tatics that never worked. :L

Thanks dude! <3 <3 <3
  • CookieCookie
    edited December 2016
    PinkBeans
    PinkBeans said:

May I have some assistance, I got into regedit and everything and went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE and I can't find the wizet folder anywhere. And finally when I thought I found it and clicked Maplestory there is no SoScreenMode inside... Please help
    I am having the same issue.
    I unistalled the game and reinstalled it. I FINALLY got a second maplestory icon on my desktop now. I am still unable to get into the game though. I get the security popup on the right hand side of my screen then nothing happens. :/
  • CookieCookie
    edited December 2016
    I got it to work! PinkBeans, use the CTRL + F option under 'Edit' on the main screen of the Registry. My SoScreenMode was under a different folder. Right click to 'Modify'. My number was a 0 and changing it to 3 actually worked.
    Hopefully Nexon fixes these issues though. It's a hassle to do that EVERYTIME.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    Cookie
    Cookie said:

PinkBeans
    PinkBeans said:

I am having the same issue.
    I unistalled the game and reinstalled it. I FINALLY got a second maplestory icon on my desktop now. I am still unable to get into the game though. I get the security popup on the right hand side of my screen then nothing happens. :/
    try going in a higher priority
    you can do that by clicking ctrl alt and delete together
    go over to processess
    and find maplestory.exe
    right click
    set affinity
    and raise it to above average or high
  • SekireiFTWSekireiFTW
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    I just tried this and it still get the "maplestory stop working" pop up I tried everything. I'm just done its been a month now. I tried on both my old Laptop with win 7 and my PC with win 10 and both are the same.
  • MascaradeMascarade
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited September 2017
    I cant play either after days of trying to fix it and re-downloading the game two times it still does not work, the only thing that happen when I click play at the launcher is it says "currently in game" then it goes right back to the orange play button, it does this over and over , there is no fix for some of us , they know this launcher is crap yet we still have it. I'm so fed up with trying to get it to work.
  • MascaradeMascarade
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited September 2017
    POST NOTE: this September 2017 and this still DOES NOT WORK!
  • MaybeNoMaybeNo
    edited September 2017
    I solved my issue by using the gear button next to the "Terms of Use" and repair.
  • Martin_891Martin_891
    edited September 2017
    MaybeNo wrote: »
    I solved my issue by using the gear button next to the "Terms of Use" and repair.
    great that it worked for you but sadly not for me :pensive:
  • Del_GamingDel_Gaming
    Cookie wrote: »
    I got it to work! PinkBeans, use the CTRL + F option under 'Edit' on the main screen of the Registry. My SoScreenMode was under a different folder. Right click to 'Modify'. My number was a 0 and changing it to 3 actually worked.
    Hopefully Nexon fixes these issues though. It's a hassle to do that EVERYTIME.
    Dear Cookie I tried to do that but it didn't work and the worst part is that now i really want to play to do a series for my friend and i can't because of that :(

• AvietnuAvietnu
    I've reinstalled the game, tried playing it through steam, tried the Regedit thing, couldn't even find maplestory.exe in the task manager to even close it and I've even tried the administrator thing. Someone please help.. it's been over a week since I've been unable to play