[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone realize how OP Hayato class is now?

RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
Reactions: 720
edited December 2016 in General Chat
After the new patch kicked in, KMS and GMS implemented a new potential to armor, that being the def% stat. As KMS does not have the hayato class, it does not face this imbalanced issue.

Now simply put, Hayato has a skill called "Shimada Heart" which gives a permanent dmg increase of 0.5% per 100 defense. Being warrior classes, 50k armor is easily gotten at level 200.

Now lets say you have a piece of fafnir gear which a single line of 9% def potential. 9% of 50k armor is 4500 armor. 4500/100 * 0.5 = 22.5% dmg increase. Wow hey your armor has got a potential that is equivalent to a weapon! Even if there is a cap of 99999 defense, 500% dmg increase from shimada heart is pretty crazy. This skill was created without the thought that def% potentials were coming out/defense cap will be increased to 99,999. I mean unless Nexon intends to balance all classes so that we can have dmg% increase on our armor, i say this skill needs a rework/cap.

Comments

• XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Yeah people realize it.

In fact, unless people were messing with me, people rerolled their equipment to have high amounts of Defense% and hit the defense cap before this update even came around.
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited December 2016
    Damn man, i heard of a hayato hitting 4b lines. This patch really screwed it lol.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    I think it's hilarious. Everyone has basically looked at Hayato and gone "lol bugged mastery why would I ever play it" and now the defense cap is removed and Hayato is like this

LOOK AT ME NOW, NERDS. WHO'S THE BIG MAN NOW?
    MakazeKibaCatooolooo
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    inb4 nerfs. If were to predict the fall of the samurai this time, it would be capping the damage bonus at 200%.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2016
    Gosh dang it. You just gave away the only class that can solo Lucid when she come out...

RIP DREAM.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2016
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

Gosh dang it. You just gave away the only class that can solo Lucid when she come out...

RIP DREAM.
    And some people still wonder why no one ever wants to party up for things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(ICYMI: the mentality that everything must be cleared solo is the root problem)
    Barfonwhales
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

RIP DREAM.
    And some people still wonder why no one ever wants to party up for things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's also the fact that Nexon practically nerfed party play out of existence as a viable option. You can literally throw Urus damage compensation with his reward/mesos/exp distribution and that should basically solve a portion of boss solo mentality.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    You know they'll just nerf Hayato to the ground next major update as punishment for players enjoying access to easy power. MMO logic!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Aggraphine

Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

RIP DREAM.

There's also the fact that Nexon practically nerfed party play out of existence as a viable option. You can literally throw Urus damage compensation with his reward/mesos/exp distribution and that should basically solve a portion of boss solo mentality.
    Cause I mean, it's not like the old style of party play(in LHC and HoH) resulted in nothing more than five people leeching off of one person who may or may not have been botting. It's not like v177 introduced a 50% exp bonus per party member to pretty much every single map.

But then again, "every single map" isn't pre-nerf SDH, so who really cares right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯