[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maintenance [EU]

VM9797VM9797
Reactions: 920
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear Nexon! I know that keeping the server up and running is not simple, and the migration process is important also. But It's 17:47 and I've tried to play (on Luna) and it DC'ed me and I checked the news and saw the maintenance notification. And that's okay, but I have 2 problems with this

First, it was announced around 4 AM CET which is kinda ridiculous if you ask me... who plays around that time?
Second, The Play V event does not give you many opportunities to miss those reward boxes if I want the final reward box. And I just wanted to do them now but I have to wait until 7 PM and have 4 hours to finish today's events. Which is plenty of time, but it's evening. And what if the maintenance will be extended? I'm pretty sure there will be no event extension (not to mention that on 30th of November no one could play due to the extremely long maintenance) . So please update us in time and do the maintenance in the morning (Europe) next time (It's the European server so I think it should be adjusted to the European players [waiting for triggered players]).
Aramy

Comments

• JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2016
    ^ This, couldn't agreed more.

I may not be playing in Luna but i feel the same way. The new server reset time is really messing around players at the time being. (Except for those hardcore gamer sitting on maple 24/7).
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited December 2016
    i kinda agree it should be moved to some other time, as 4pm-7pm CET is in europa a common time where people come back of school/work and decide to play.
    As the maintenance always runs later (8-9pm) Those hours starting from 4pm are probably the hours where most people play the game ( if you count normal life like working, school etc)

So i suggest doing it in the early mornings like example 2 AM or 8 AM.
    This way it can benefit players and nexon. As players can actually play and nexon can earn money during the time people play the activest.
  • aharri23aharri23
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Are you serious? They are still an AMERICAN company that runs on PST. They are going to do patches when the employees come in to work. They can't accomodate European people on an American time zone.
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    aharri23
    aharri23 said:

Are you serious? They are still an AMERICAN company that runs on PST. They are going to do patches when the employees come in to work. They can't accomodate European people on an American time zone.
    bs! on europe they used to make maitenaince between 3 am to 7am to till 13pm if was delayed
    not like gms that decide to start at 7am wich = 15pm cet time wich is the time were most ppl play and usually dealays till 21pm ruining the play time of most players
    basically maitenaince to us = cya to 1 day of making dailies events etc
    and a maintenance only to luna should be done on that time were least ppl plays wich is at 22-00 pst for example
    is already + than enought we have a weekly ruined day thanks to weekly maitenainces
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited December 2016
    This sounds like nitpicking if you ask me. You are angry becose you miss out on one day of gameplay. What about us? The ppl who are waiting for a month to play on EU server? Huh?
  • AramyAramy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

This sounds like nitpicking if you ask me. You are angry becose you miss out on one day of gameplay. What about us? The ppl who are waiting for a month to play on EU server? Huh?
    u had 4 months to no deal with that to start, not our fault that u and the few others didnt do during that time
    and this wont be 1 day only, tomorrow or thursday is another day ;) were happens that (but that we can tolerate since is done to all all server nor just luna)
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited December 2016
    Not my fault that i have to work to live, RIGHT?
    They should keep Luna down for a week. So everything would run smoothly, no mistakes, no "until furthur notice" BS.
    If we could wait a month, you can wait a day.
  • AramyAramy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

Not my fault that i have to work to live, RIGHT?
    They should keep Luna down for a week. So everything would run smoothly, no mistakes, no "until furthur notice" BS.
    If we could wait a month, you can wait a day.
    i had 4 months dun come with that song
    every1 hav their work studies private live etc
    stop excusing u were unable cuz of work during 4 months xD
  • XiuFangXiuFang
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    to be honest, first of all i migrated before 13 december, and guess what !
    still cant login to EU .... sad face
    dont get me wrong i've been playing on NA for the period of time but i miss my characters ... everytime i finish or start an event i start thinking about " what if i could've done this event on my own EU characters....

No info is given about how or why you still cant login... and i state... " players migrated before the 13th of december will be able to play "?
    explain why cant i ? ...