[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A message about KThxBaiNao

Comments

• DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited December 2016
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5hy8ah/i_am_the_artist_formerly_known_as_community/db3vmex/
    Why do I get the weirdest feeling he decided to make the 10 coin limit and the community backlash got him fired?
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited December 2016
    Bc1151 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5hy8ah/i_am_the_artist_formerly_known_as_community/db3vmex/
    Why do I get the weirdest feeling he decided to make the 10 coin limit and the community backlash got him fired?
    That truly is the weirdest feeling, considering he himself dislikes the limit and that he was supposedly let go on the day of or before the Santa Boxes even started dropping so... I'd say your speculation is quite off.
    TubaDaleth
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Bc1151 said:

Because you've got your timeline mixed up?
    This thread was made on the 6th.
    The patch that put in the limit was on the 8th.
    Daleth
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    The timing of him helping those that lost items due to the Fredrick bug on reddit and his comment on his stream about him helpign the community with an issue that others within the company didnt appreciate and then the job description change to community manager where they no longer help on tickets make it pretty obvious that him trying to get players that lost valuable items more reasonable help and compensation was the reason
  • ObeliskDRObeliskDR
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

The timing of him helping those that lost items due to the Fredrick bug on reddit and his comment on his stream about him helpign the community with an issue that others within the company didnt appreciate and then the job description change to community manager where they no longer help on tickets make it pretty obvious that him trying to get players that lost valuable items more reasonable help and compensation was the reason
    I think people are trying to look at the wrong factors. His last stream was Nov 17th, it's not on the website anymore and was done at home. Suddenly we get this new guy who clearly isnt that familiar with the game, then is fired the next day after only two streams? I do recall him saying he requested relocation because of family problems, but that isn't an offered opportunity.

In business, if they offer you telework and you take advantage of it, it's different than "Please i need to relocate but i want to do my job." Considering the november 17th stream was poorly done with many tech issues, and no longer on the website, they probably asked him to come back on his dime to do the streams. He most likely declined and tried to force them to abide to his rules.

Nothing else makes sense, even Girasol, by far the most aggressive CM we've had ever, challenged a buy to win feature and gave them an ultimatum where they let her choose to stay or not. There's no way this guy lost his job for being 'persistent'.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited December 2016
    Bc1151 said:

This is false (has said so via Twitter and on the AMA). He is very much against the 10 coin limit since he's a player himself.
    Daleth
    edited December 2016
    ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

I think people are trying to look at the wrong factors. His last stream was Nov 17th, it's not on the website anymore and was done at home. Suddenly we get this new guy who clearly isnt that familiar with the game, then is fired the next day after only two streams? I do recall him saying he requested relocation because of family problems, but that isn't an offered opportunity.

In business, if they offer you telework and you take advantage of it, it's different than "Please i need to relocate but i want to do my job." Considering the november 17th stream was poorly done with many tech issues, and no longer on the website, they probably asked him to come back on his dime to do the streams. He most likely declined and tried to force them to abide to his rules.

Nothing else makes sense, even Girasol, by far the most aggressive CM we've had ever, challenged a buy to win feature and gave them an ultimatum where they let her choose to stay or not. There's no way this guy lost his job for being 'persistent'.
    no, he streamed since his termination, a couple days ago
  • ObeliskDRObeliskDR
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

I was speaking as in, streamed on behalf of Nexon, not his personal streams. Thought that was kind of a given lol

edited December 2016
    ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

I was speaking as in, streamed on behalf of Nexon, not his personal streams. Thought that was kind of a given lol

regardless he said it had to do with him trying to do something for some members of the community and some of his superiors at nexon being unhappy about it,
  • ObeliskDRObeliskDR
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

regardless he said it had to do with him trying to do something for some members of the community and some of his superiors at nexon being unhappy about it,
    They'd talk to him, not fire him for it.
    edited December 2016
    ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

he is the one that said this was the reason he was let go, i am sure others saw this stream and can conform, i have no investment in this other than for accuracy but if he says that's the reason why would you doubt that? he had nothing to gain by lying
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    Wait... I don't come around the forums for a week or two and THIS happens!? What the heck is with Nexon and Community Managers!? ... Well, the MapleStory ones at least. I don't think I've heard that other Community Managers come and go this quickly for any other Nexon game.

Are they using Community Managers to make Community Managers flavoured soups or something? That's the only explanation I can think of when they disappear this fast with no words.

Hime said she was leaving, err... er... What was the name of Hime's partner... (... Grant? or was Grant a volunteer)? Well, I think he said he was leaving too. But ever since, they've been melting with no parting words. Sheesh...

Nexon, STOP MELTING CMs! It's irritatingly irritating! Or is there some stuff you can't talk about that happened in yer office?
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2016
    you mean grantwall? He was a volunteer. But that reminds me of Waltzing. What happened to him, he was pretty chill
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    Arlong
    Arlong said:

you mean grantwall? He was a volunteer. But that reminds me of Waltzing. What happened to him, he was pretty chill
    he got promoted to a producer
  • ObeliskDRObeliskDR
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

PlasticHolly

he is the one that said this was the reason he was let go, i am sure others saw this stream and can conform, i have no investment in this other than for accuracy but if he says that's the reason why would you doubt that? he had nothing to gain by lying
    He can't state the reason because of the NDA, he can elude to it which is as far as we know a decision, which was probably him returning since they needed him there to do streams.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

So you're saying he got fired because his internet at home wasn't ready for streaming yet? (He was working on fixing it - and has since streamed League games)
    That sounds ridiculous in the extreme. "If you don't do this stream the whole patch is ruined! You must come here or else!" You're saying Nexon has its priorities so screwed up that they'd rather have no CM at all during this "biggest update since Big Bang" than have a CM that can't stream?

KThxBaiNao didn't lose his job for being persistent, though it probably made him few friends. He said he lost his job because he did something from home that his new teleworking contract specifically forbade, even though he used to do it in LA. A single action which, if he'd thought about it for one more minute (so he said) he would have not done. I assume it was something about exceeding authority (like, in LA he could just walk up to someone and tap them on the shoulder and ask them to do something, but from Washington he should have gone through the person's boss).
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    KamiNoBeniMizu

Hime said she was leaving, err... er... What was the name of Hime's partner... (... Grant? or was Grant a volunteer)? Well, I think he said he was leaving too. But ever since, they've been melting with no parting words. Sheesh...
    Grant was a Volunteer and he left a bit before I left myself.
    KingStarfire

he got promoted to a producer
    Waltzing was always in production.
    ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

Nothing else makes sense, even Girasol, by far the most aggressive CM we've had ever
    Again, Girasol was never CM. She, like Waltzing, was in production.
    But after Hime left, she and Waltzing both played "CM", but it wasn't their job.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

So you're saying he got fired because his internet at home wasn't ready for streaming yet? (He was working on fixing it - and has since streamed League games)
    That sounds ridiculous in the extreme. "If you don't do this stream the whole patch is ruined! You must come here or else!" You're saying Nexon has its priorities so screwed up that they'd rather have no CM at all during this "biggest update since Big Bang" than have a CM that can't stream?

KThxBaiNao didn't lose his job for being persistent, though it probably made him few friends. He said he lost his job because he did something from home that his new teleworking contract specifically forbade, even though he used to do it in LA. A single action which, if he'd thought about it for one more minute (so he said) he would have not done. I assume it was something about exceeding authority (like, in LA he could just walk up to someone and tap them on the shoulder and ask them to do something, but from Washington he should have gone through the person's boss).
    He said something to the effect of, as you said, he did something that violated the new agreement he had with Nexon after moving back up to Seattle, something that he'd have done without a second's hesitation down in LA, but, after more thought on the matter, realized he should've asked first if it was cool to do it or simply not done it at all.
  • ObeliskDRObeliskDR
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

He already claimed on Southperry that wasn't the case though. Look when you're /offered/ telework, they typically foot the bill of travel if you have to go back to the the main destination. He told Nexon he had family issues and had to telecommunicate, so it was an opportunity, they most likely told him to come back to the main location routinely but he would have to pay for it. It also explains why they didnt let him stream again, and the "decision" he claimed in the beginning of his stream.
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

KamiNoBeniMizu

ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

Nothing else makes sense, even Girasol, by far the most aggressive CM we've had ever
    Again, Girasol was never CM. She, like Waltzing, was in production.
    But after Hime left, she and Waltzing both played "CM", but it wasn't their job.
    Girasol's job title was in fact changed to 'acting community manager', she left by choice because of the marvel machine mishap, to say she wasn't a CM is incredibly misleading
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    ObeliskDR
    ObeliskDR said:

Girasol's job title was in fact changed to 'acting community manager', she left by choice because of the marvel machine mishap, to say she wasn't a CM is incredibly misleading
    Well, if that's true, I don't know how I missed that as it was during my most active time on the forums, and as a Volunteer.
    I even remember telling her that she should apply to become the CM but she'd always say no and that she was fine where she was.