[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot, PSSB

BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
Reactions: 1,375
edited December 2016 in General Chat
so im trying to figure out what im going to main but i had a quest about PSSB and other stuff

1. PSSB ( Premium Suprise Style box ) are they worth buying on reboot? i plan to main 1 character but level multiple ones for the link skills but at the same time i don't want to just get random gear from it and look weird is there a way i can see a list of items i can get from this? also are they just equips like hats, clothes, shoes, weapons. or am i able to get other items like damage skins and chairs and pets? also are the gear from the boxes not sold in the cash shop as well or are there some gear from the cs that are in the boxes?

2. how do i have 3 pets active and if i have items like meso magnet or whatever to allow them to walk to the loot will all 3 pets do it or is it just 1?

3. how do i get certain pets not in cash shop? i see many pet unavailable in the cash shop they used to be some time ago but now they are just gone

4. NL or Evan for bossing? i've had a NL but i hate that i see so many with it's 5th job skill it looks like a great bosser if you put a lot of time and effort into it where as evan i haven't played much but when i did i enjoyed it.

5. can i store items in the bank and delete the character with no characters currently on the account and the item will still be in the bank? i assume no but just wanted to make sure.

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    1. Pretty sure PSSB (Premium Surprise Style Box) only rewards cosmetic items. The downside is you may possibly get an item not your gender and if you're aiming for a specific item it may not be easy. Such items are not sold in the Cash Shop, but it can be traded until equipped in non-Reboot Worlds.

2. To have three pets active you need to buy a Pet Snack then talk to Trainer Bartos. After completing the quest you should have the skill "Follow the Leader" which enables the multi-put option.

3. Certain pets can be purchased during limited times. You would have to wait until then.

The rest I have no idea.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    1. Premium Surprise Style boxes only give equips (whatever is currently in rotation). Chairs can be gotten from chair gachapon tickets, and damage skins from damage skin boxes. However, you may trade in items for stamps which can be re-exchanged for different items. Is it worth it? It depends on how much you want a particular item. Check the news for the cash shop specials, if you see an item you like then it might be worth your while.
    2. To equip multiple pets, complete the quest "Trainer's Command" by buying a pet snack from the cash shop. All three pets can pick up items by walking over them, however any additional skills (auto-move, auto-feed, auto-buff, etc) must be equipped specifically by the pet.
    3. Wait for the pets to come into rotation (or suggest that they re-enter rotation). If the pet you're talking about is Blackheart, then you can get those as drops from Hilla.
    4. Both Night Lords and Evans are popular characters for bossing. I suggest picking the one you find the most fun to play; Evan uses his fusion skills while Night Lord has more basic throwing star attacks.
    5. Possible. I've never tried. Since storage is a separate, world-specific inventory it's possible that items you put in there will remain in there, even if you have no characters on that world.
  • DeputyDerpyDeputyDerpy
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited December 2016
    1. I have never got cosmetics from PSSB. I mainly got outfits instead, and yes they're indeed permanent. I must have bad luck. As for gears, I'm not sure, I just came back playing yesterday.
    3. Like @Its2Sharp4u said and there's some in gachapon, but there's no gachapon on reboot, sadly. So that's the only way.
    4. Most people prefer evan, but really, it's up to you decide what's good. Because others play evan or nl differently.
    5. Unless they changed the options to it, but a long time ago, even if your character is deleted, the items will still be in the bank. And since now, all characters are practically connected. I'm pretty sure it'll still be there. You can do a test run though, like put a useless item, delete your character, go on another character, see if its still there.
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited December 2016
    okay thanks i think i will just remake my character in a new account. i just wanted to xfer the V patch box for the meso's
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Barfonwhales

okay thanks i think i will just remake my character in a new account. i just wanted to xfer the V patch box for the meso's
    You can have up to 8 characters on the account (before expansions). Why would you need to delete your current one?
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited December 2016
    bad habit of disliking how they look but in this case disliking there names. weird and stupid yes i know you should see me when i played WoW made at least 100 characters a day just to figure out a new main.