[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Link skills - do they matter and are they availabl

BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
Reactions: 1,375
edited December 2016 in General Chat
1. do they matter a WHOLE lot? for example in WoW we have racials and they ONLY matter if your min maxing dmg which takes good skills for the players because they provide only like a 1% buff in dmg so it doesn't matter too much but seeing as how you can link i think up to 11? skills on one character i highly assume it matters a lot especially seeing how good some are.

2. if i create a character that provides a link skill will i get said skill on that character alone? such as say i make a demon slayer which gives boss dmg% will i get that skill on that character alone or is it only a skill i can grant to other characters?

3. is the evan link skill even good? i was planning to main one but seeing how often you can use runes and where they are placed seems kind of bad imo unless your training but for bossing wise which i want to really get into does it even affect it at all?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    1. They matter quite a bit. Some more than others, of course.

2. The whole idea of a LINK skill is that you get it on that character and also on one other character on the account (which you can change once a day).
    So if you main an Evan and make a Demon Slayer, the Demon Slayer can give the Evan a %boss damage boost.

3. It's good for leveling. You can use runes once in 10 minutes, so making each rune last an extra minute means 10% more experience per hour of training.
    As far as I know, it's not particularly useful for bossing except maybe in extreme cases (using Rune of Skill to be able to "spam" your ultimate or something).

Link skills shouldn't affect what you main. That's why they're link skills. You make them on side characters and you give all the skills to your one main.
    Your main should be the character you most enjoy playing.
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited December 2016
    so can i have all 11 link skills or however many it is on one character active all at the same time or will i be limited to say 1 active per character at a time and be able to switch them out? im still thinking what to main and want to level that first then simply level alts and xfer the link skill to my main. i already have an idea link skill wise of what im going to get but still working on what im going to main as it's been since the RED patch since i last played i already know what i want to do end game
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

2. The whole idea of a LINK skill is that you get it on that character and also on one other character on the account (which you can change once a day).
    So if you main an Evan and make a Demon Slayer, the Demon Slayer can give the Evan a %boss damage boost.

3. It's good for leveling. You can use runes once in 10 minutes, so making each rune last an extra minute means 10% more experience per hour of training.
    As far as I know, it's not particularly useful for bossing except maybe in extreme cases (using Rune of Skill to be able to "spam" your ultimate or something).

Link skills shouldn't affect what you main. That's why they're link skills. You make them on side characters and you give all the skills to your one main.
    on the 3 u mistook a bit - is also useful for boss if u able to kill the boss during rune time u get the extra exp. since evan link makes rune last longer + chances to u kill the boss during rune time
    every pro i kn does daily cranmadaru with rune time and with evan link is also possible u do cht during rune time
    edited December 2016
    yea i was watching vids of evans using rune and bossing after i posted this question. sadly i chose to go NL to main. i will probably roll an Evan for fun and use the link skill on a mule the runes are very useful when i train it just sucks that it's a 10m cd.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Barfonwhales

so can i have all 11 link skills or however many it is on one character active all at the same time or will i be limited to say 1 active per character at a time and be able to switch them out? im still thinking what to main and want to level that first then simply level alts and xfer the link skill to my main. i already have an idea link skill wise of what im going to get but still working on what im going to main as it's been since the RED patch since i last played i already know what i want to do end game
    You can have up to 12 link skills active on one character at the same time.
    We have more possible link skills than that (I think it's 16 now?) so one does have to pick and choose a bit.
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

on the 3 u mistook a bit - is also useful for boss if u able to kill the boss during rune time u get the extra exp. since evan link makes rune last longer + chances to u kill the boss during rune time
    every pro i kn does daily cranmadaru with rune time and with evan link is also possible u do cht during rune time
    The exp from the boss is still "for leveling". The rune doesn't help you to defeat the boss.
    edited December 2016
    doesn't some of the runes help via there abilities like there was one i usd earlier today that reduces skills by a certain amount if they are above a certain number on cd. i think it was 5minutes or something idk i didn't really read it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Barfonwhales

doesn't some of the runes help via there abilities like there was one i usd earlier today that reduces skills by a certain amount if they are above a certain number on cd. i think it was 5minutes or something idk i didn't really read it.
    Yes, that is the Rune of Skill that I mentioned in my first post as a special case where a rune can help bossing.
    edited December 2016
    yea idk if the other ones would work with bossing i assume they would majority of them don't seem very good just the exp