[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Frozen gear stat increase/decrease

WhutWhut
Reactions: 745
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Hey there,

I don't know if it's just me or if there's a bug with the Frozen gear, but gear much better than the currently equipped frozen gear are still saying that it would decrease my range. I might also note that I'm a Wind Archer.

2 examples:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I mean, the 2 pieces of gear is obviously a lot better than the Frozen gear and should give me a higher range, instead, my range would decrease. Is there something that I'm not aware of?

Comments

• njay1231njay1231
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Excuse my lack of "specific" knowledge, but I believe it has to do with the "set effect" that comes from the Frozen Gear.
    The reason it's telling you that the individual items decrease your range is because of the ATT and Stat boosts from wearing the Frozen Gear Set.
    (Don't Quote me on the specifics) If wearing 3 Frozen Gear equips gave +10 ATT, then removing one item of Frozen Gear (leaving you with 2) will remove the applied 10 ATT from the set effect. It's the 10 ATT that shows a higher range than those individual items. Such as the Frozen Hat's +1 ATT (but also +10 ATT from the set for a total of +11 ATT) being better than the Fafnir Hat that gives +5 ATT without the rest of the set.