[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Light bulb notification above head wont go away

DSmushDSmush
Reactions: 400
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
As the title says, i can't get rid of the notification above my head no matter what I try. When I try to click it to see what quest it is, nothing happens. Its only when i get another quest that shows up above my head like the Defeat the Inferno Wolf that it lets me click it. When I do, the quest that seems to be causing the issues is [Threads of Fate] Greetings from Zipangu. If anyone is having the same issue or knows a fix, it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• TimeKarmaTimeKarma
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I also have this problem and brought this issue to live support. There's currently no fix for it at the moment. I believe this only happens when you completed Mushroom Shrine tales but the quest itself suppose to start the story line. Since I finished the story line, there's no way for me to get rid of the quest over head of my character. This light bulb over head is rather annoying since I can't do anything about it, hopefully Nexon will mark this quest as "Complete" for us since it already is.
  • DSmushDSmush
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    TimeKarma
    TimeKarma said:

I also have this problem and brought this issue to live support. There's currently no fix for it at the moment. I believe this only happens when you completed Mushroom Shrine tales but the quest itself suppose to start the story line. Since I finished the story line, there's no way for me to get rid of the quest over head of my character. This light bulb over head is rather annoying since I can't do anything about it, hopefully Nexon will mark this quest as "Complete" for us since it already is.
    Thanks for the info. I completed Mushroom Shrine Tales as well so I think you might be right about that. And it is super annoying
  • VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Can confirm this is still a problem. Recently finished shrine tales, and after getting 50 Closeness with Ibaraki and doing his quest, I got a broken quest bubble stuck above my head.

Update: found a way to get rid of it. After getting 50 Closeness with Ibaraki again, I Asked him to "Sing in Ellnia" or something like that. Then some quest requirement completed for a "Greetings from Zipangu" quest which is now listed as completed in the lightbulb icon on the side of my screen. Although I can't complete the quest from there. When I click it Ibaraki wants me to wait 30 minutes before Asking him for something else. At least there's no more lightbulb above my head!
    ShisuiSilentMütë
  • LaFilleMangeLaFilleMange
    Reactions: 600
    edited August 2017
    if the quest causing it requires the spawning of specific monsters, you have to be in a specific place or the quest bubble won't activate. I learned this doing a quest line for Mihile, so not sure about the exact issue with the Shine quest line but....I do know that I had the same click but nothing happens problem until I managed to get myself to the right map.